British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Vs Someset Play off semi Final 2nd Leg 01/10/18

17 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

He got a paid win in his last race.

Aaron Summers -- 1', 3, 3, 2' = 9+2

Read more:  http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/18196/peterborough-championship-18-08-2018?page=1#ixzz5SlyC0IUS

Must have happened riding back to the pits.:neutral:

Wrong meeting, that one was on 18th August :D Saturday was the Bordernapolis individual, he missed his last ride after pulling up  after his fourth outing apparently. I think crescent girl commented on it on this thread.

18 minutes ago, paulboy said:

To be fair Brady Kurtz was quite a big factor in it!

Doesn't change the fact that if any team is using r/r you should be made to have a no8 at the meeting, otherwise you could be screwed. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Wrong.

He could have used Allen or Covatti. But he decided not to have a number 8. Somersets own making only having three riders in one heat.

I'm not getting into an argument with you, as no matter what I say, you are always going to be right, as you've proved so many times :rolleyes:

22 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

He got a paid win in his last race.

Aaron Summers -- 1', 3, 3, 2' = 9+2

Read more:  http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/18196/peterborough-championship-18-08-2018?page=1#ixzz5SlyC0IUS

Must have happened riding back to the pits.:neutral:

Just for the sake of balance, you were clearly right here too weren't you......NOT!

You have quoted entirely the wrong match, this was over a MONTH ago, and you have the cheek to tell other people to do their homework. For your info, Summers retired from his first and fourth ride on Saturday and withdrew from his final ride.

Doing a little homework on your part, would have provided you with the correct info from the official refs scorecard http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/18results/berwick_29.09.18_res.pdf but hey, why let the facts get in the way of trying to prove you're always right.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Doesn't change the fact that if any team is using r/r you should be made to have a no8 at the meeting, otherwise you could be screwed. 

I agree, always used to be the way but hardly ever happens nowadays. To be honest a NL no 8 would have made no difference to the outcome, heat 4 was the deciding factor as I said during the meeting but that’s speedway, luck was on Poole’s side & Bomber’s final heat was awesome, he can still do it, unfortunately not with any consistency nowadays.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Accidents happen in speedway. This eventuality could have been foreseen and Somerset should have had a number 8 just for this scenario.

You’ve managed to make Somerset not having a number 8 more of a factor than Holder being taken out of the meeting!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

no they lost because they went down to 5 riders, causing the reserves to have 7 rides each and only going with 1 rider in heat 13

You are entitled to your opinion. Not everyone will agree with you but they are also entitled to their view.

The fact that one side was down to 6 riders and one to five is not unknown in matches. This is all part of speedway unfortunately.

i now hope Poole win the Championship and Somerset the KO cup.

As I previously said I support both teams.

Edited by Sherborne Green

1 hour ago, adonis said:

definitiely the most stupid thing i have ever read , I understand your'e a Harris hater and Doyle lover , but to say that he threw his bike was just plain idiotic ,

Far from it , I’m a speedway fan and a neutral with no team since Hackney closed. I was in awe of Harris last ditch pass last night. Read my post again.   I said it was an accident and I wasn’t have a dig but Harris throws his bike to stop it from crashing into him as he goes down. Unfortunately for Doyle it goes straight in his path and causes him to crash. 

I think Doyley is a great rider but he did himself no favours last night. Christina got it dead right. It was a dive in the penalty area. He should have had enough faith in himself (as Bomber showed) and come from the back. He has more than enough ability.  Second place would have made all the difference. Great meeting all the same and best wishes to Jack and Brady.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pinny said:

A one man team? With both reserves scoring double figures? 

Kurtz could of had a blinder and Holder a poor meeting so we will never know the outcome had they raced.

Holder would have had 6 rides on a track he knows so well.   Had you asked fans to bet on who would have scored the most out of those two last night,   only the die hard ones would choose  Kurtz.....       Don't forget Kurtz hasn't set the world alight this year and has recently lost his No1 spot to an ageing  Bomber Harris..     

All hypothetical I know,    but Holder was a major lost to Somerset..   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Berwick on Saturday as somebody has already mentioned earlier in the thread.

Yet the Match report on Official Website says he retired from the meeting with Major Mechanical Issues.:blink:

Whatever the truth behind Summers absence, the Rebels and their guest need to get their stories in sync.

Team Manager in interview said he only found out on the morning of the meeting whereas Howarth when interviewed said he and his girlfriend had loaded up the van the previous day!!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Somerset definitely had the bad luck when Holder had to withdraw. 

Personally feel he is already a better rider than Kurtz and could have had plenty of rides last night, this swung it massively into Poole's favour. Plus I would like to any team being able to use a guest in all positions this would then stop races with only 3 riders. Having a number 8 doesn't cover one of your top riders. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark said:

7+2.  Away average 5.39     He did better than he should.  

7 points from 6 rides!  Equates to an average of 4.66,  5-1ed consecutively in heats 9 + 10, finishing 3rd ahead of his reserve partner.  2 valuable points they were.

Well I didn't expect that Bomber rolling back the years to that race in Cardiff, Doyle had 3 laps to pull away but took it easy as he thought it was done and dusted.

Meeting started like we would get stuffed but we showed we have the fight when it mattered. Even a Rebels 5-1 in heat 12 and Worrall's poor ride in heat 14 didn't dampen our spirit and Harris showed he still has guts and spirit. I was one Poole fan who has always liked him and last night  he was amazing.  We struggled early on don't know why, Somerset's reserves were on fire but what a comeback. Middlo and Harris really got them going in the second half of the meeting. Someone posted there was a curfew never heard that one before.

10 minutes ago, Col said:

7 points from 6 rides!  Equates to an average of 4.66,  5-1ed consecutively in heats 9 + 10, finishing 3rd ahead of his reserve partner.  2 valuable points they were.

Is Heat 15 in the averages ?    Bit unfair putting him in there as, lets be honest, he only rode because there was no one else.    I don't know how averages are calculated.