British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Vs Someset Play off semi Final 2nd Leg 01/10/18

3 minutes ago, Mark said:

Is Heat 15 in the averages ?    Bit unfair putting him in there as, lets be honest, he only rode because there was no one else.    I don't know how averages are calculated.

If you are talking about last nights play off, and i assume you are. None of the scores add to the riders average.

8 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

If you are talking about last nights play off, and i assume you are. None of the scores add to the riders average.

The discussion is about Richard Lawson.    Did he ride to his expected away average last night or was he better/below par.     he scored 7+2 from 6 rides but 1 ride was in Heat 15.    A poster said his away average was 5.39

Edited by Mark

38 minutes ago, Mark said:

The discussion is about Richard Lawson.    Did he ride to his expected away average last night or was he better/below par.     he scored 7+2 from 6 rides but 1 ride was in Heat 15.    A poster said his away average was 5.39

Right, i just read your post and didnt scroll back to refere to others. Seems a bit pointless doing that on here as the conversation gets lost halfway

Averages are calculated - Points / Rides * 4.

Yes, heat 15 rides are included in averages regardless of where anyone deems a rider should or shouldn't have been in heat 15.

Edited by Col

42 minutes ago, Col said:

Averages are calculated - Points / Rides * 4.

Yes, heat 15 rides are included in averages regardless of where anyone deems a rider should or shouldn't have been in heat 15.

thanks.  What about bonus points ?.   They get paid 2pts for finishing 3rd behind as team mate.   So does this count as 2pts or 1pt for the averages ?

8 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

End of the day Poole fully deserved to go through, after the brilliant performance two weeks ago where we held Somerset on their own patch. 

A fabulous effort from the boys to shut up all the people on here with their jibes and riducules. 

Sure, we go into the final as the underdogs and rightly so. But never underestimate a Pirate!

Says the man who was throwing the towel in after heat 3.  You just can’t help yourself and trying to wind people up! :rolleyes:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mark said:

thanks.  What about bonus points ?.   They get paid 2pts for finishing 3rd behind as team mate.   So does this count as 2pts or 1pt for the averages ?

Bonus points are not included on greensheet averages.

5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

He got a paid win in his last race.

Aaron Summers -- 1', 3, 3, 2' = 9+2

Read more:  http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/18196/peterborough-championship-18-08-2018?page=1#ixzz5SlyC0IUS

Must have happened riding back to the pits.:neutral:

Really bad post, friend.  Aaron Summers scored 5 points from his first three races on Saturday.  He pulled up in his fourth ride and was replaced by  Keiran Douglas in his fifth programmed outing.

Apology forthcoming? 

• Like 1

Surprised no one has mentioned how poor Freddie was last night.  Ok he won one heat but was way off the pace in his other rides.  I thought he was one for the future but he looked pretty ordinary last night and  easily outscored by the Rebels reserves

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

He got a paid win in his last race.

Aaron Summers -- 1', 3, 3, 2' = 9+2

Read more:  http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/18196/peterborough-championship-18-08-2018?page=1#ixzz5SlyC0IUS

Must have happened riding back to the pits.:neutral:

How can you get a paid win in an individual event ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Surprised no one has mentioned how poor Freddie was last night.  Ok he won one heat but was way off the pace in his other rides.  I thought he was one for the future but he looked pretty ordinary last night and  easily outscored by the Rebels reserves

He's had some really good meetings this season with the odd duff one. I'd definitely have him back next season, only going to improve. 

In all sports you need a slice of luck, and Poole had loads and the Rebels had none. Just about everything that could go wrong in the lead up to the match , and in the match itself happened to Somerset. To get so close to winning was a minor miracle. Jake and Nico were fantastic and only faltered when they were on a run of consecutive races. Jack’s loss was the final straw , it’s all ifs and buts etc, however with our reserves on fire and Doyle doin the biz I reckon the Rebs would have comfortably got over the line, with a full team.

I’m a well known hater of the play offs and this is the reason why, a great season of work for Somerset goes up in flames over one match basically. Poole who finished 4th will now either be Champs or Runners up , joke. It’s not sour grapes Poole fans I really hope Kings Lynn take the title, they are the best team over the season and it will be a travesty if Poole win. I hope Lynn don’t encounter the sort of bad luck we endured last night. It all went Pete Tong for Iversen last night but luckily the Stars were already home and dry. Hope the final has good racing and justice is done.

• Like 4

Poole didn't finish 4th though they were 3rd having been bottom back in July - but of course its all down to luck.!!!  Nothing to do with changing the line-up and hitting form at the right time?!

Didn't Somerset also make mid-season changes to their 1-7?  It just worked better for the Pirates.

As many have said previously, you win nothing in May to August!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Poole didn't finish 4th though they were 3rd having been bottom back in July - but of course its all down to luck.!!!  Nothing to do with changing the line-up and hitting form at the right time?!

Didn't Somerset also make mid-season changes to their 1-7?  It just worked better for the Pirates.

As many have said previously, you win nothing in May to August!!

Nor september :cheers: