British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Vs Someset Play off semi Final 2nd Leg 01/10/18

24 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Poole didn't finish 4th though they were 3rd having been bottom back in July - but of course its all down to luck.!!!  Nothing to do with changing the line-up and hitting form at the right time?!

Didn't Somerset also make mid-season changes to their 1-7?  It just worked better for the Pirates.

As many have said previously, you win nothing in May to August!!

First sorry for getting the third and fourth mixed up, it is irrelevant tho. I was remarking in the luck last night, not anything to do with the season as a whole. The form you refer to is valid as the Champions should be the best team over the whole season, not the result of a little four match shoot out at the end. Poole were indeed rock bottom at one point and improved their team enough to finish third, not top. If you enjoy the same sort of fortune against KL that you clearly enjoyed against us you will be Champions apparently. As a sports fan does that not seem like a hollow victory?. I would like to point out again this is not a dig at Poole just this bizarre way of crowning our Champions. It has been suggested that the play offs are “good tv”, so if BT gong league action next season, why not gong the play offs as well so who ever finishes top of the pile at the end of the season are the true Champs. Any team would have struggled with five riders in any match, to run the third best team in the league away from home was a fantastic effort by the lads.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Cliffeboy said:

In all sports you need a slice of luck, and Poole had loads and the Rebels had none. Just about everything that could go wrong in the lead up to the match , and in the match itself happened to Somerset. To get so close to winning was a minor miracle. Jake and Nico were fantastic and only faltered when they were on a run of consecutive races. Jack’s loss was the final straw , it’s all ifs and buts etc, however with our reserves on fire and Doyle doin the biz I reckon the Rebs would have comfortably got over the line, with a full team.

I’m a well known hater of the play offs and this is the reason why, a great season of work for Somerset goes up in flames over one match basically. Poole who finished 4th will now either be Champs or Runners up , joke. It’s not sour grapes Poole fans I really hope Kings Lynn take the title, they are the best team over the season and it will be a travesty if Poole win. I hope Lynn don’t encounter the sort of bad luck we endured last night. It all went Pete Tong for Iversen last night but luckily the Stars were already home and dry. Hope the final has good racing and justice is done.

You say it isn’t sour grapes but then the whole post is sour grapes.

we didn’t have any luck either we lost Brady who would have probably scored more than Holder. Holder has been quite poor at Poole this year. 

Yes your post is full of ifs, buts and maybe’s. And so of Somerset made the final you would want Kings Lynn to win because if Somerset won it, by your own admission, it would be a travesty.

Be honest. You were beaten by a better team over the two legs.

25 minutes ago, John Scrutton said:

Must have taken a lot by Matt to get Jason to let Bomber through in 15  but he has deeper pockets thsn the Rebels promotion.

So you are calling Jason Doyle corrupt. I should think he will not be pleased with you calling him corrupt.

11 hours ago, semion said:

All credit they were dead and buried being 12 points Down, On aggregate.   Never keep a good man down.   The Doyle decision in Heat 11 could have gone either way.  If that had been at Somerset, then its all 4 back.  Away from home, he gets chucked out.  That's the way the cookie crumbles.  Weak Refereeing.   

Thought Gary May and Doyle took it on the chin...  No tantrums, just accepted it.   All Credit to them.

No wonder they accepted it as he fell down like a sack of spuds right in front of me hardly got touched and laid the bike down more like weak riding from a world champ,everytime rider got close in 1st bend he shut off....

6 minutes ago, Cliffeboy said:

First sorry for getting the third and fourth mixed up, it is irrelevant tho. I was remarking in the luck last night, not anything to do with the season as a whole. The form you refer to is valid as the Champions should be the best team over the whole season, not the result of a little four match shoot out at the end. Poole were indeed rock bottom at one point and improved their team enough to finish third, not top. If you enjoy the same sort of fortune against KL that you clearly enjoyed against us you will be Champions apparently. As a sports fan does that not seem like a hollow victory?. I would like to point out again this is not a dig at Poole just this bizarre way of crowning our Champions. It has been suggested that the play offs are “good tv”, so if BT gong league action next season, why not gong the play offs as well so who ever finishes top of the pile at the end of the season are the true Champs. Any team would have struggled with five riders in any match, to run the third best team in the league away from home was a fantastic effort by the lads.

Not a hollow victory at all. Looking forward to next Monday and hoping for a healthy lead from the boys for the second leg.

Up the Pirates!:party:

4 minutes ago, Cliffeboy said:

Sounds like a touch of sour grapes to me. And before you holla and scream at me, i already said and sent my comiserations to Gary and have also said i really hope you win the K O Cup, you deserve something out of this season.
If you read my earlier post Gary took the defeat like the man he is and we had a good chat. Him along with Neil and Rosco i have a lot of time for. 3 very good team managers.

29 minutes ago, John Scrutton said:

Must have taken a lot by Matt to get Jason to let Bomber through in 15  but he has deeper pockets thsn the Rebels promotion.

With comments like that i hope you lot and your team manager get whats coming to you.

9 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I think the rules are right. Guests for heat leaders, r/r for second strings.

SS How come for belle vue cook a heatleader was rr and musielak guested for 2nd string bewley

14 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You say it isn’t sour grapes but then the whole post is sour grapes.

we didn’t have any luck either we lost Brady who would have probably scored more than Holder. Holder has been quite poor at Poole this year. 

Yes your post is full of ifs, buts and maybe’s. And so of Somerset made the final you would want Kings Lynn to win because if Somerset won it, by your own admission, it would be a travesty.

Be honest. You were beaten by a better team over the two legs.

You lost Brady because of his own reckless riding which also took out Jack and was the match winner for you.

Poole won by 2 points over 30 heats, almost half of them against 4 Rebels & a useless guest. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not a hollow victory at all. Looking forward to next Monday and hoping for a healthy lead from the boys for the second leg.

Up the Pirates!:party:

Yes good luck next week, you have managed to miss the point of the whole post. For what it is worth it would mean nothing to me if we had won the playoffs, because I know we have not been the best team over the season, can you not see that. Do I think we were beaten by a better team over two legs, no is the honest answer because you didn’t ride against a full team. However you can only race against who is up against you. You say my post is full of ifs and buts yet you say Brady “probably “ would have scored more points than Jack, ok , how do you know ? Remember Jack was past Brady in heat 4 and it was Brady’s error that bought them both down. Hasn’t Brady’s form been a bit off lately whilst Jack has been scoring well in Poland. As you say ifs and buts on both sides, but it remains that whatever happens next week we were the second best team and you were the third this season. I enjoy my Speedway like we all do and I will watch next week hoping for a KL win , nothing st all to do with yesterday’s result but all about the correct team being crowned Champions.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, paulboy said:

You lost Brady because of his own reckless riding which also took out Jack and was the match winner for you.

Poole won by 2 points over 30 heats, almost half of them against 4 Rebels & a useless guest. 

Thats the way the cookie crumbles. Kings Lynn now face Poole without Brady. We are the weakened team. That;s the way the cookie crumbles.

Last year Swindon took on Wolves in the final, who were without Thorsell and Freddie. And so it goes on........

17 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Sounds like a touch of sour grapes to me. And before you holla and scream at me, i already said and sent my comiserations to Gary and have also said i really hope you win the K O Cup, you deserve something out of this season.
If you read my earlier post Gary took the defeat like the man he is and we had a good chat. Him along with Neil and Rosco i have a lot of time for. 3 very good team managers.

I was sort of half expecting you to pipe up Starman . Why on earth would I want to holla and scream at you????, not my style mate. What has my post got to do with how Gary took the defeat? I’m so pleased you hope we win something, it’s a KO Cup competition and we have knocked out teams to get to the final. We haven’t got there by some back door wink .

3 minutes ago, Cliffeboy said:

Yes good luck next week, you have managed to miss the point of the whole post. For what it is worth it would mean nothing to me if we had won the playoffs, because I know we have not been the best team over the season, can you not see that. Do I think we were beaten by a better team over two legs, no is the honest answer because you didn’t ride against a full team. However you can only race against who is up against you. You say my post is full of ifs and buts yet you say Brady “probably “ would have scored more points than Jack, ok , how do you know ? Remember Jack was past Brady in heat 4 and it was Brady’s error that bought them both down. Hasn’t Brady’s form been a bit off lately whilst Jack has been scoring well in Poland. As you say ifs and buts on both sides, but it remains that whatever happens next week we were the second best team and you were the third this season. I enjoy my Speedway like we all do and I will watch next week hoping for a KL win , nothing st all to do with yesterday’s result but all about the correct team being crowned Champions.

The correct team being the mighty Poole in my book. We deserve it with our run.

Poole finished 24 points ahead of Coventry in 2010 but Coventry won it. That’s life.

The playoff are what it’s all about. Long may they reign.

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

The correct team being the mighty Poole in my book. We deserve it with our run.

Poole finished 24 points ahead of Coventry in 2010 but Coventry won it. That’s life.

The playoff are what it’s all about. Long may they reign.

As I said enjoy your play off final. It is what it is.