British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Vs Someset Play off semi Final 2nd Leg 01/10/18

39 minutes ago, Gavan said:

A stunning effort lol.

The hottest pre season favourites for many years .......make 13 changes........benefitted from Rye closing and avoided injuries.......and you think that’s a stunning effort 

It’s like congratulating Man City on making the top four lol

Even now in the final missing Kurtz helps Poole as well

Anything less than a Poole win will be failure after being hot favourites, and loads of changes to not then be champs will be a disappointment  

Not  a stunning comeback lol. 12 down on aggregate with 3 races to come for the world champ.! Pre-season and team we had at the start is irrelevant. We had to get 3 5-1 advantages just to get level. It was like M City were 4-0 down at half time against Liverpool. Anything less than a Poole win is always failure for us and i can imagine the flak we would have got had we lost. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Certainly if we manage to win the championship this season it will be an absolutely stunning effort from the boys. But I wouldn’t put it past them. We can do this.

Winning the championship .would be an absolutely unbelievable thing , maybe winning the premier not so much :lol:

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

When will the mods do something about this troll?

It's a forum he can state his opinion the same as you do

• Like 5

Poole were being ridiculed after a few months for being bottom and losing at home etc... made some decent signings and now could win the league. Id say its a pretty good effort to be honest , even if they dont win the league from here

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Poole were being ridiculed after a few months for being bottom and losing at home etc... made some decent signings and now could win the league. Id say its a pretty good effort to be honest , even if they dont win the league from here

Of course it is. After the start we had making the final is an absolute success. No team can start the season and say anything other than a title is failure. To make the final is a remarkable and fantastic acheivement. Nothing can take that away and the fans are proud of the team.

We were going into the final as underdogs and now even more so with the loss of Brady but you can be sure the remaining six will give it everything they have got to bring the title of Champions to Poole.

46 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Not  a stunning comeback lol. 12 down on aggregate with 3 races to come for the world champ.! Pre-season and team we had at the start is irrelevant. We had to get 3 5-1 advantages just to get level. It was like M City were 4-0 down at half time against Liverpool. Anything less than a Poole win is always failure for us and i can imagine the flak we would have got had we lost. 

Haters gonna hate! Doesn't matter what Poole do it is always going to be less than what they should be doing in his eyes.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Haters gonna hate! Doesn't matter what Poole do it is always going to be less than what they should be doing in his eyes.

I think the problem is the hyperbole from one or two Poole fans just winds others up, quite deliberately in one case.

It was a decent comeback by the Pirates but one that I certainly expected them to achieve given the match circumstances. I said on the night that heat 4 was crucial and I stand by that, although of course we will never know. Having said that Bomber certainly did the business in some style to clinch it

Lets hope they can get the track right for the big one. We all know poole can be as good as any when right??????

I would just like to congratulate Poole on them qualifying for the title decider. One thing I would say though is to question the IRR rule which played a part in your win. When it was first introduced it was to enable a team to be compensated when one of their riders was wiped out by an opponent but it seems it is now used to replace an offending rider as well. I feel this to be unfair to the innocent team. In this case Poole had better riders to come in than Somerset which I think proved advantageous. Another point I would like to mention is the use of guest riders in playoff matches. Should Musielak be allowed to guest again now that he has already guested for Belle Vue? I say this because isn't it a rule now that no team can bring in a rider who is already involved in the playoffs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

When will the mods do something about this troll?

You dont even know the definition of the word lol

It means to post to deliberately inflame..........something that you do on a regular basis just look at the reaction you get from other posters should tell you all you need to know.

What i state is called an opinion.

You said it was a stunning effort for Poole to make the final......i disagreed that isnt trolling.

Poole were hot favourites for the league before a wheel was turned...have changed numerous riders (ok thats good management and something that Swindon should have done).then they benefitted hugely against Somerset.

I love how you post all your tripe on here and then when someone disagrees with you , you simply call them a troll.

Maybe you should go back to abusing my personal life.............you seemed to get a kick out of that............got everything wrong obviously but it seemed to make you happy

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 1

I think Poole deserve credit for getting a tune out of Harris and Klindt, neither were in form and both looked like dodgy signings.

600cc engines? :D :wink: :P 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Gavan said:

It means to post to deliberately inflame..........something that you do on a regular basis just look at the reaction you get from other posters should tell you all you need to know.

You said it was a stunning effort for Poole to make the final......i disagreed that isnt trolling.

Poole were hot favourites for the league before a wheel was turned...have changed numerous riders (ok thats good management and something that Swindon should have done).then they benefitted hugely against Somerset.

I love how you post all your tripe on here and then when someone disagrees with you , you simply call them a troll.

Maybe you should go back to abusing my personal life.............you seemed to get a kick out of that............got everything wrong obviously but it seemed to make you happy

What happened before a wheel was turned is not relevant now,  what is important now is how we perform in the final. No many expected us to beat Somerset and even less expected it after 7 heats Monday but through grit and determination and a unwillingness to lie down and accept defeat we are in the final. Middlo gets a lot of flak some of it is justified but his input is vital on nights like Monday and should be rightly praised, if we had lost there would be plenty clamouring for his head. 

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Why only mention that Poole made changes? Somerset made changes too (as have most, some enforced due to injury teams - its speedway!!) and as you correctly say its good management and they and the performances since the changes should be applauded.

Your earlier analogy/comparison to Manchester City is totally irrelevant as they were never at the bottom of their league.

Am I right in thinking that Howarth was not given a RR outing for Summers? I know he was off colour but if he had taken one it would have freed up one of the reserves for heat 13. I’m also wondering whether Lawson should have been given gate 1 in heat 15. Big ask for him to make an impact from 3. Any thoughts?

11 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Why only mention that Poole made changes? Somerset made changes too (as have most, some enforced due to injury teams - its speedway!!) and as you correctly say its good management and they and the performances since the changes should be applauded.

Your earlier analogy/comparison to Manchester City is totally irrelevant as they were never at the bottom of their league.

It is not even a comparison because our comeback Monday was like M City winning 4-0 at half time.