British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Vs Someset Play off semi Final 2nd Leg 01/10/18

15 hours ago, Cliffeboy said:

So is it R/R for Brady then?

No decision yet. We can have a guest from Wolves, Swindon or Leicester up to 7.087 (6.75 + 5%) for the home leg or r/r., but a guest like Musielak for the away leg is vital I believe. If it does turn out to be r/r at home, I would expect the riding order to change with r/r at either 2, 3 or 4!

As for the argument about 'the real champions' whether top of the league or winner of the play-offs?  All clubs - and their fans - know what the format is before the season starts!

I actually think the team at the top of the league should get some sort of recognition( a trophy of sorts - maybe Craven Shield), but why not give the team thats spent the most number of weeks at the top similar recognition?  (Yes I know its a silly suggestion just as there are silly suggestions all over this forum!!):party:

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dickie Head said:

Am I right in thinking that Howarth was not given a RR outing for Summers? I know he was off colour but if he had taken one it would have freed up one of the reserves for heat 13. I’m also wondering whether Lawson should have been given gate 1 in heat 15. Big ask for him to make an impact from 3. Any thoughts?

Lawson was not going to make an impact on any gate in heat 15. Holder was a big loss and Howarth guesting was a mistake, not sure who else could have ridden but I wouldn't have picked Howarth.

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

No decision yet. We can have a guest from Wolves, Swindon or Leicester up to 7.087 (6.75 + 5%) for the home leg or r/r., but a guest like Musielak for the away leg is vital I believe.

As for the argument about 'the real champions' whether top of the league or winner of the play-offs?  All clubs - and their fans - know what the format is before the season starts!

I actually think the team at the top of the league should get some sort of recognition( a trophy of sorts - maybe Craven Shield), but why not give the team thats spent the most number of weeks at the top similar recognition?  (Yes I know its a silly suggestion just as there are silly suggestions all over this forum!!):party:

I don't think many Poole fans were claiming winning the league in 2010. The format is there to add excitement to the end of the season and mostly it delivers.

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Lawson was not going to make an impact on any gate in heat 15. Holder was a big loss and Howarth guesting was a mistake, not sure who else could have ridden but I wouldn't have picked Howarth.

Not much choice from Wolves, Swindon or Leicester on BWD's average - even less on Summers'!!  Shame BWD's average wasn't 0.05 higher then they could have used Charles Wright!!:rofl::rofl:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Gemini said:

Shame your management didn't think that way instead of acting like spoilt brats when Poole lost both matches.

At least with Fraud selling up this will hopefully see the end of that kind of behaviour and the continual bending of the rules

5 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Not much choice from Wolves, Swindon or Leicester on BWD's average - even less on Summers'!!  Shame BWD's average wasn't 0.05 higher then they could have used Charles Wright!!:rofl::rofl:

There is all the championship to choose from.

22 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

There is all the championship to choose from.

Not that many that aren't injured or also have a SGBP average!!

39 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

No decision yet. We can have a guest from Wolves, Swindon or Leicester up to 7.087 (6.75 + 5%) for the home leg or r/r., but a guest like Musielak for the away leg is vital I believe. If it does turn out to be r/r at home, I would expect the riding order to change with r/r at either 2, 3 or 4!

Super League Rugby have a league winners shield which is awarded before the Play Offs begin, it’s a little bit of recognition without going over the top for the team who finished 1st. I think it would be a good idea.

As for Museli, I thought a guest could only appear for one team in the Play Offs? Could be wrong. 

14 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Every single year we get the rolled out and tired comments of the real champs are the ones who finish top blah de blah de blah.

No, the champs are the team who win the playoffs. Have been for most of this century. The playoffs are brilliant and here to stay. All the speedway league have playoffs and they bring out huge crowds. What’s not to like?

Exactly. Perfectly put. The only thing that saves speedway these days. The only time speedway plays to a big audience.

Long may it continue.

14 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Certainly if we manage to win the championship this season it will be an absolutely stunning effort from the boys. But I wouldn’t put it past them. We can do this.

I believe King's Lynn touched bottom briefly at some stage this season. Team wasn't fancied, had the best away record in the Prem this season. Won it by 6 points. Had that huge comeback in the 1st leg at BV. I think it will a stunning effort if they can win it for the fist time ever :t:

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Super League Rugby have a league winners shield which is awarded before the Play Offs begin, it’s a little bit of recognition without going over the top for the team who finished 1st. I think it would be a good idea.

As for Museli, I thought a guest could only appear for one team in the Play Offs? Could be wrong. 

Rule 18.10.6. states'No rider whose team is in the play-offs may appear as a guest in the play-offs'!  No mention of appearing as a guest for more then one team!!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

He has tweeted end of speedway for this year and am going on holiday, not sure of exact date of holiday so may not be available.

43 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Exactly. Perfectly put. The only thing that saves speedway these days. The only time speedway plays to a big audience.

Long may it continue.

There is no doubt that financially the play offs are a huge boost for speedway and I'm not one of those that would moan if my team finished the season top but then lost out, the rules are clear at the start of the season.

The only problem I have is that the whole season often boils down to who is injured at the crucial time of the season. Last year there can be little doubt that Swindon were very lucky with the Wolves injuries and this season both semis were influenced by the same, with the BV/KL tie virtually turning into a non-event. 

But the Poole/Somerset 2nd leg was pure drama, not much passing but the aggregate scores made for gripping entertainment, and gave Shouty even more reason to get excited lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gavan said:

A stunning effort lol.

The hottest pre season favourites for many years .......make 13 changes........benefitted from Rye closing and avoided injuries.......and you think that’s a stunning effort 

It’s like congratulating Man City on making the top four lol

Even now in the final missing Kurtz helps Poole as well

Anything less than a Poole win will be failure after being hot favourites, and loads of changes to not then be champs will be a disappointment  

How does missing kurtz give Poole an advantage u complete moron!! You dont half talk some crap stick 2 talking about ipswich matches oh yh i forgot your season is finished hahaha now do one!!!!

• Haha 2