British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Vs Someset Play off semi Final 2nd Leg 01/10/18

On 25 September 2018 at 5:44 PM, tellboy said:

Formality for the Pirates,the Poole riders know by now where all the potholes,ruts and oil patches are,that are set to catch the away riders out:P

Yip ,it was a formality.:D

4 minutes ago, Paddy The Rebel said:

How does missing kurtz give Poole an advantage u complete moron!! You dont half talk some crap stick 2 talking about ipswich matches oh yh i forgot your season is finished hahaha now do one!!!!

Ah bless you resulting to abuse , complete lack of intelligence to resort to name calling but expected.

Brady at home has scored 5 in the last 2 meetings and can be replaced by riders like Josh and Klindt and Woryna who have been outscoring Kurtz.......................hope that can clear up why r/r means Kurtz can be replaced

Oh and at Lynn Brady has scored 6 and then 7...........you telling me an 8 point rider cant come in as a guest and do better than that???

I await more personal abuse................its what a lack of intellect does

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

No decision yet. We can have a guest from Wolves, Swindon or Leicester up to 7.087 (6.75 + 5%) for the home leg or r/r., but a guest like Musielak for the away leg is vital I believe. If it does turn out to be r/r at home, I would expect the riding order to change with r/r at either 2, 3 or 4!

As for the argument about 'the real champions' whether top of the league or winner of the play-offs?  All clubs - and their fans - know what the format is before the season starts!

I actually think the team at the top of the league should get some sort of recognition( a trophy of sorts - maybe Craven Shield), but why not give the team thats spent the most number of weeks at the top similar recognition?  (Yes I know its a silly suggestion just as there are silly suggestions all over this forum!!):party:

Bagpuss makes a good point about Rugby League table toppers get a trophy before the playoffs at least acknowledging a fine seasons performance. I’d go with that I think, better than potentially rock all.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Paddy The Rebel said:

How does missing kurtz give Poole an advantage u complete moron!! You dont half talk some crap stick 2 talking about ipswich matches oh yh i forgot your season is finished hahaha now do one!!!!

If you take Kurtz's last 4 home meetings, He has scored  2, 12, 5, 5. That's a 5.05 average over his last 4 home meetings.. Morris would score more and R/R should get over 5 points.

Kurtz 2 meetings at Lynn this season, he scored 6 from 5 rides and 7 from 4, which is a 5.77 average. Ellis or Toby would score more than 5.77 imho.

Moron might be a bit strong. I know he likes to have a dig, but the stats say he could have a point.. Could he not?

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, rocketrod said:

Please enlighten me , oh wise man 

whats the point , your'e an idiot

37 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Ah bless you resulting to abuse , complete lack of intelligence to resort to name calling but expected.

Brady at home has scored 5 in the last 2 meetings and can be replaced by riders like Josh and Klindt and Woryna who have been outscoring Kurtz.......................hope that can clear up why r/r means Kurtz can be replaced

Oh and at Lynn Brady has scored 6 and then 7...........you telling me an 8 point rider cant come in as a guest and do better than that???

You're just really boring Gavan. You know that one person on the forum who everybody is sick of seeing... It must be pretty rubbish knowing you're that person. You're literally that person on the forum that everybody is sick of. Boring, boring, boring posts being passive aggressive about Poole. You're like a jealous ex. So boring.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

You're just really boring Gavan. You know that one person on the forum who everybody is sick of seeing... It must be pretty rubbish knowing you're that person. You're literally that person on the forum that everybody is sick of. Boring, boring, boring posts being passive aggressive about Poole. You're like a jealous ex. So boring.

Speak for yourself 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

If you take Kurtz's last 4 home meetings, He has scored  2, 12, 5, 5. That's a 5.05 average over his last 4 home meetings.. Morris would score more and R/R should get over 5 points.

Kurtz 2 meetings at Lynn this season, he scored 6 from 5 rides and 7 from 4, which is a 5.77 average. Ellis or Toby would score more than 5.77 imho.

Moron might be a bit strong. I know he likes to have a dig, but the stats say he could have a point.. Could he not?

Those home meetings at least a month ago though. Form can change a lot in that time. How many did Brady get at Somerset in the 1st leg? 

17 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

Am i boring though? Surely you could have used a thesaurus somewhere.

How am i being aggressive? Just saying on stats Poole will be ok with r/r and a guest at Lynn.

45 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Its the point im trying to make.

Sensible speedway fans understand and a vast majority of Poole fans do. Even those with a differing opinion like Rayc at least have the intellect to debate in an adult manner.

Trouble is to many Poole fans on let those decent fans down

If you dont tow the Steve Shovlar party line then you are wrong.........then we get certain sheep just live off of his word, and then we get the vile nasty ones who think spouting abuse is the way

Gavan, Shov is a wind up merchant. He loves his speedway and is a passionate Poole fan. His other passion is winding other supporters up. He’s done it for years and he did it as a kid. I knew him as a teenager and he was the same. You take him far too seriously 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Gavan said:

Surely you don’t really need it explaining to you why the average of a number one can’t be directly compared with those of the two, three and four? Poole would be mad to go with with R/R in a final, for the very reason everybody has just seen. Nick Morris would probably score similarly, although you can never tell with Kurtz, or Morris for that matter. 

If Musielak is available to guest at the NA, I agree that Poole would be no worse off, however if he isn’t...

23 minutes ago, Nellie said:

Surely you don’t really need it explaining to you why the average of a number one can’t be directly compared with those of the two, three and four? Poole would be mad to go with with R/R in a final, for the very reason everybody has just seen. Nick Morris would probably score similarly, although you can never tell with Kurtz, or Morris for that matter. 

If Musielak is available to guest at the NA, I agree that Poole would be no worse off, however if he isn’t...

As has been said if r/r can get 8 or so then that would cover a rider who has a home average of not even 7.

And Brady isnt a number one he has the third best average in the Poole team. 

He also has a lower home average than Josh and Klindt and is only slightly ahead of Woryna so in essence 3 of his rides are covered quite well.

Now obviously we will never know but Kurtz could have got 12 points in the final and r/r might get only 8..................but Kurtz could also have got 4 and r/r 8 we will never know.

Kurtz missing is comparable to Kings Lynn missing Proctor........not to Kings Lynn missing Robert Lambert.

Its all opinion and going by Brady this season at home at Poole then r/r looks to be adequate, though having said that Nick Morris goes ok at Poole and should also be capable of the 8 points i feel Brady would get

5 hours ago, Gavan said:

It doesnt show a lack of intelligence as u pee off everyone on this forum ur just a complete tool,no one likes you.

Its impossible to have a debate with you because your allways right as u seem to think andi dont care what brady has done at poole last 5 meetings or at kings lynn id rather a full poole team to rr or guests any day!! 

The point Gav fails to make in his argument is that Brady's current average and recent scores have been whilst riding at number 1.

Riding at 5 (or potentially at 3 or 4 in the final for that matter) would likely have allowed him to score more heavily - hence why he is understandably seen as a loss for the Pirates.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1