British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Vs Someset Play off semi Final 2nd Leg 01/10/18

5 hours ago, Paddy The Rebel said:

How does missing kurtz give Poole an advantage u complete moron!! You dont half talk some crap stick 2 talking about ipswich matches oh yh i forgot your season is finished hahaha now do one!!!!

4 hours ago, BurntFaceMan said:

You're just really boring Gavan. You know that one person on the forum who everybody is sick of seeing... It must be pretty rubbish knowing you're that person. You're literally that person on the forum that everybody is sick of. Boring, boring, boring posts being passive aggressive about Poole. You're like a jealous ex. So boring.

A couple of posts I totally agree with. Gavan acts passive aggresive so that people are conned into thinking he just has an honest opinion, when what he is really doing is trolling the Poole threads in a vindictive manner. Very weird for a so called fan of a club not even in the same league as Poole!  Clearly he is envious of Poole’s continued success and has to slag us off at every opportunity.

His limited knowledge of the sport shows through loud and clear for everyone to see when he thinks Poole are strengthened with r/r for Brady. Utterly ridiculous and guff of course and he knows it, but attempts to defend that by bringing up Bradys last few meetings. Anyone with any knowledge of the sports knows we are quite severely weaked without Kurtz.

What us Poole fans hope will happen is that we can win the league this year. Then we can ask Gavan to congratulate Poole on our continued success. Let’s see if he is man enough to do it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

The point Gav fails to make in his argument is that Brady's current average and recent scores have been whilst riding at number 1.

Riding at 5 (or potentially at 3 or 4 in the final for that matter) would likely have allowed him to score more heavily - hence why he is understandably seen as a loss for the Pirates.

Why when riding at 5 would Kurtz score more heavily?

Riding at 1 he faced the oppositions 1&2, then 5&res, 3&4 and then 1&5

Riding at 5 he faces 5&res, 3&4, 1&2 and then 1&5.

Same riders just a different order

11 minutes ago, double_O said:

Why when riding at 5 would Kurtz score more heavily?

Riding at 1 he faced the oppositions 1&2, then 5&res, 3&4 and then 1&5

Riding at 5 he faces 5&res, 3&4, 1&2 and then 1&5.

Same riders just a different order

This is a point raised quite a few times & as of this season the strongest reserve is at 7. A no1 rides against the oppositions no6 where as a no 5 rides against the oppositions no7.

A point that should be realized is who he rides with. A no1 rides WITH a 2nd string 3 times where as a no 5 rides WITH a reserve 3 times.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

A couple of posts I totally agree with. Gavan acts passive aggresive so that people are conned into thinking he just has an honest opinion, when what he is really doing is trolling the Poole threads in a vindictive manner. Very weird for a so called fan of a club not even in the same league as Poole!  Clearly he is envious of Poole’s continued success and has to slag us off at every opportunity.

His limited knowledge of the sport shows through loud and clear for everyone to see when he thinks Poole are strengthened with r/r for Brady. Utterly ridiculous and guff of course and he knows it, but attempts to defend that by bringing up Bradys last few meetings. Anyone with any knowledge of the sports knows we are quite severely weaked without Kurtz.

What us Poole fans hope will happen is that we can win the league this year. Then we can ask Gavan to congratulate Poole on our continued success. Let’s see if he is man enough to do it. 

Many closet Poole fans Steve. Thats why our threads are chocker every week.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nellie said:

Surely you don’t really need it explaining to you why the average of a number one can’t be directly compared with those of the two, three and four?

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

As has been said if r/r can get 8 or so then that would cover a rider who has a home average of not even 7.

And Brady isnt a number one he has the third best average in the Poole team. 

He also has a lower home average than Josh and Klindt and is only slightly ahead of Woryna so in essence 3 of his rides are covered quite well.

Now obviously we will never know but Kurtz could have got 12 points in the final and r/r might get only 8..................but Kurtz could also have got 4 and r/r 8 we will never know.

Kurtz missing is comparable to Kings Lynn missing Proctor........not to Kings Lynn missing Robert Lambert.

Its all opinion and going by Brady this season at home at Poole then r/r looks to be adequate, though having said that Nick Morris goes ok at Poole and should also be capable of the 8 points i feel Brady would get

Oh, ok, I’m sorry, you obviously do need it explaining. Kurtz has achieved his average entirely as a number one, although he isn’t currently the number one. Woryna, Klindt and JG have achieved their averages from riding at positions two, three and four; all easier positions to score points in. Therefore, it’s really rather difficult to make a fair comparison. Unless I’m mistaken, Proctor also hasn’t appeared at number one this year so, again, it’s a bit silly to compare averages directly. As I know how much you like facts, Brady was untouchable on his way to a twelve point maximum the last time Kings Lynn were at Poole

I can’t imagine it’s relevant though, as R/R will presumably only be a last resort, if no suitable guest can be found.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, paulboy said:

There is no doubt that financially the play offs are a huge boost for speedway and I'm not one of those that would moan if my team finished the season top but then lost out, the rules are clear at the start of the season.

The only problem I have is that the whole season often boils down to who is injured at the crucial time of the season. Last year there can be little doubt that Swindon were very lucky with the Wolves injuries and this season both semis were influenced by the same, with the BV/KL tie virtually turning into a non-event. 

But the Poole/Somerset 2nd leg was pure drama, not much passing but the aggregate scores made for gripping entertainment, and gave Shouty even more reason to get excited lol

Fair points.

Of course injuries can and have wrecked seasons prior to the play offs as well.

I get the facts that some feel that the team that tops the table over a full season deserve to be champions as well.

However let’s not forget that there were several seasons when meaningless matches took place when teams had nothing to race for other than pride prior to the play offs as well.

swings and roundabouts on which is better I guess.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Nellie said:

I can’t imagine it’s relevant though, as R/R will presumably only be a last resort, if no suitable guest can be found.

We are not using r.r,  and no suitable guests have been found.

7 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Fair points.

Of course injuries can and have wrecked seasons prior to the play offs as well.

I get the facts that some feel that the team that tops the table over a full season deserve to be champions as well.

However let’s not forget that there were several seasons when meaningless matches took place when teams had nothing to race for other than pride prior to the play offs as well.

swings and roundabouts on which is better I guess.

And sadly injuries have played a big part in BV 's season. Somerset and Poole now in the same position. Its the nature of the game.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I think Poole deserve credit for getting a tune out of Harris and Klindt, neither were in form and both looked like dodgy signings.

600cc engines? :D :wink: :P 

Chris' bike set up was completely changed for H15 apparently, the mechanic (Matt Read??) decided if Chris was going to win that they needed to set the bike up so it could go as flat out as possible.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Chris' bike set up was completely changed for H15 apparently, the mechanic (Matt Read??) decided if Chris was going to win that they needed to set the bike up so it could go as flat out as possible.

Matt Reads a good lad.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Matt Reads a good lad.

There aren't any ex or current speedway riders who aren't. It's the law, you must be a good lad and a trier to be a speedway rider.

On 10/3/2018 at 9:23 PM, Starman2006 said:

Matt Reads a good lad.

Blimey, remember him riding for Reading.. 

42 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

Blimey, remember him riding for Reading.. 

And Somerset.

Just now, Starman2006 said:

And Somerset.

Do you know my memories now then ? Blimey..  that's a neat skill.

Started off for the Anglian Angels.

• Like 1