British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Vs Someset Play off semi Final 2nd Leg 01/10/18

Where has this 4 points from Holders riders come from? 7 points were from his rides.

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Where has this 4 points from Holders riders come from? 7 points were from his rides.

Steve do you think the Pirates will use Musielak for Kurtz, he’s handy round Kings Lynn.

Poole's to loose. Toby 8.01 for Kurtz 5.90 last 2 meetings at Lynn.If they do their homework.

Wanted the Rebels, but Poole did a Lynn in the meeting at BV.

8 minutes ago, daz9100 said:

What a night! Commiserations to Somerset, I thought they were going to clinch it.

For those who want to see H15 again and again.

https://twitter.com/btsport/status/1046879665993015298/video/1

Thanks for that, I was home late this evening so was watching my recording which just happened to finish as the riders were approaching the tapes for heat 15. I always allow a bit of extra time for the recording but this one went on a bit longer than anticipated, all the best to Kurtz and Holder of course.

Let's see whether next week can match this for drama!

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Sensational ride by Harris there

Just a shame that Somerset lose due to injury but that’s the sport and Poole can only beat what was in front of them

Losing Jack Holder weakened Somerset as did only having 3 riders in heat 13. 

2 points from a guest 

4 from r/r

4 from IRR

Poole didn’t exactly have much to beat

With 2 fit teams it’s obvious Somerset would have walked it but that’s the way it goes

Shame both semis were spoilt by injuries 

Now of course Poole can bring in a better rider than Kurtz 

Advantage Poole 

Brady got injured as well  But you failed to mention that.. Ive already said my comiserations to Gary May, he took it like the man he is. And said the team have done very well this season, and he's right.

Edited by Starman2006

Wow what a merting had everything swung 1 way then the other rider injuries loads off rr rides irr rides,plenty of cracking racing,and Chris Harris you beauty what a last lap of speedway awesome pass never seen a meeting like it,get in there pirates forever!! ☠☠

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Heat 15 and ride by Chris must go down in Pirates folk law as one of the great moments of 70 years in the sport, such a shame it could not have been the Final as without a doubt both teams fully deserve to there

Edited by willstaxi
mistake
  • Like 1

One of the best meetings I have seen for while watched Bomber at Cardiff a number of years ago and it was great to see him get one over Doyle last night ,Chris may never be a world champ but he will always be remember for giving a fair 100% effort everytime he rides  .

Edited by FAST GATER

Got to give credit to the Poole team manager, how many people thought Grajczonek would partner Klindt in heat 15, I certainly did, but to put Harris in was a big call in front of his captain. Great tv and best of luck to both teams in the final.

8 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Poole big favourites for me.

Musielak will guest for Kurtz.

No he won’t - unless Poole have another rider out - R/R only

or can you have a guest for any of your HLs?  Too many rule changes - it’s hard to keep up

Edited by Steve0

6 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Brady got injured as well  But you failed to mention that.. Ive already said my comiserations to Gary May, he took it like the man he is. And said the team have done very well this season, and he's right.

Because us losing Holder hurt a lot more than Poole losing Kurtz. With a poor guest performance and having to cover for two r/rs and Doyle not being able to take one of them meaning 4 riders to take the hit. 

11 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

No he won’t - unless Poole have another rider out - R/R only

or can you have a guest for any of your HLs?  Too many rule changes - it’s hard to keep up

Any of your HL’s I believe