British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Vs Someset Play off semi Final 2nd Leg 01/10/18

13 minutes ago, Gavan said:

no they lost because they went down to 5 riders, causing the reserves to have 7 rides each and only going with 1 rider in heat 13

Never had to go with one rider in heat 13 gary may took a chance on that one ?

Edited by ray c

2 hours ago, rocketrod said:

the most obvious one which was an accident and I’m not digging him out is when Harris threw his bike clear in Melbourne Grand Prix leaving Doyle no where to go and he suffered an horrific injury. That’s what happens with 4 riders entering a corner and that’s my point no one goes into a race wanting to injure a rider or to get injured. They want to win a race. 

definitiely the most stupid thing i have ever read , I understand your'e a Harris hater and Doyle lover , but to say that he threw his bike was just plain idiotic ,

1 hour ago, John Scrutton said:

Poole will win the Final if they pick better riders to guest for the ones they are replacing as they did against Somerset.

:blink:

Poole didn’t have any guest riders.

edit. I see you have realised your mistake.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

27 minutes ago, Gavan said:

no they lost because they went down to 5 riders, causing the reserves to have 7 rides each and only going with 1 rider in heat 13

Then it’s Somersets fault for not having a  number 8. They could have used a number 8 in a couple of heats, freeing up Covatti or Allen for heat 13 and/or 14.

A fault of their own making.

47 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Where did Summers get injured ?

Good question. 

Berwick on Saturday as somebody has already mentioned earlier in the thread.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Col said:

I don't know, I don't care. He overtook Klindt to win a heat & followed Covatti past Worrall. Other than that he was terrible.

7+2.  Away average 5.39     He did better than he should.  

23 minutes ago, ray c said:

Never had to go with one rider in heat 13 gary may took a chance on that one ?

How so?

The only riders eligible to take rides for Holder were Howarth (excluded for starting offences when he took the IRR ride), Covatti (who replaced the excluded Howarth for the IRR ride) and I'll come back to him again, Lawson (Who took the IRR ride) & Allen (who also took an IRR ride).

So those are Holders rides covered, except Heat 13. Obviously Garry May couldn't use Howarth or Lawson as they had already taken replacement rides for Holder, so his only other option was the reserves, of which Allen had already had the maximum 7 rides, leaving Covatti, who still had one ride left, but he was due to ride in Heat 14, so had he ridden in Heat 13, the Rebels would have had to go with only one rider in 14.

So no, he didn't take a chance on it, it was purely down to rider availability and using that in the best possible way. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Berwick on Saturday as somebody has already mentioned earlier in the thread.

He got a paid win in his last race.

Aaron Summers -- 1', 3, 3, 2' = 9+2

Read more:  http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/18196/peterborough-championship-18-08-2018?page=1#ixzz5SlyC0IUS

Must have happened riding back to the pits.:neutral:

17 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Then it’s Somersets fault for not having a  number 8. They could have used a number 8 in a couple of heats, freeing up Covatti or Allen for heat 13 and/or 14.

To be fair Brady Kurtz was quite a big factor in it!

4 minutes ago, womble53 said:

How so?

The only riders eligible to take rides for Holder were Howarth (excluded for starting offences when he took the IRR ride), Covatti (who replaced the excluded Howarth for the IRR ride) and I'll come back to him again, Lawson (Who took the IRR ride) & Allen (who also took an IRR ride).

So those are Holders rides covered, except Heat 13. Obviously Garry May couldn't use Howarth or Lawson as they had already taken replacement rides for Holder, so his only other option was the reserves, of which Allen had already had the maximum 7 rides, leaving Covatti, who still had one ride left, but he was due to ride in Heat 14, so had he ridden in Heat 13, the Rebels would have had to go with only one rider in 14.

So no, he didn't take a chance on it, it was purely down to rider availability and using that in the best possible way. 

Wrong.

He could have used Allen or Covatti. But he decided not to have a number 8. Somersets own making only having three riders in one heat.

18 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

?

A number 8 who would be at the back thus possibly making heat 13 irrelevant

Just for once a bit of humility might be in order.

Poole got a bit lucky, thats what happens.

Ive congratulated Poole on their win..................maybe just once you could see a meeting without tinted specs

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, paulboy said:

To be fair Brady Kurtz was quite a big factor in it!

Accidents happen in speedway. This eventuality could have been foreseen and Somerset should have had a number 8 just for this scenario.

1 minute ago, Gavan said:

?

A number 8 who would be at the back thus possibly making heat 13 irrelevant

Just for once a bit of humility might be in order.

Poole got a bit lucky, thats what happens.

Ive congratulated Poole on their win..................maybe just once you could see a meeting without tinted specs

It is still a major error to not have a number 8. They could have been used twice in any of the middle heats, and made no difference to the scoreline. But Covatti or Allen could have been used in a 13 and to replace Howarth.

Somerset made a howler by not having cover.

• Like 2