British Speedway Forum
STEPHEN 333

Prague GP, Saturday June 15th 2019

Hotel and flights all booked, and hopefully many more visits to the Prague GP's to come if the multi deal is confirmed by the FIM, great city, great venue, the date can not come around  quick enough now.

9 hours ago, STEPHEN 333 said:

Hotel and flights all booked, and hopefully many more visits to the Prague GP's to come if the multi deal is confirmed by the FIM, great city, great venue, the date can not come around  quick enough now.

Why would it need to be confirmed by the FIM ? BSI/IMG have made a statement/press release. Who do you think is running the GP`s ??

SO So happy this is back on the Calendar. Huge Bucket List item for me finally went this year & it didn't disappoint. (After a slow start) some great racing a real lovely little stadium and a beautiful city.
Great news!! 

5 minutes ago, RPNY said:

SO So happy this is back on the Calendar. Huge Bucket List item for me finally went this year & it didn't disappoint. (After a slow start) some great racing a real lovely little stadium and a beautiful city.
Great news!! 

SEE you there in 2019?

6 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

SEE you there in 2019?

Yes Sir!

Why is everyone so pleased, the racing is poor.     Lovely venue and city agreed.

2 hours ago, Mark said:

Why is everyone so pleased, the racing is poor.     Lovely venue and city agreed.

RACING has been much improved in recent years. But it is the whole package that appeals so much.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

RACING has been much improved in recent years. But it is the whole package that appeals so much.

Agree it's improved Philip, couldn't get much worse could it,  but it's still a surface that doesn't allow the riders to show all there skills.   It's a speedway world championship which should be entertaining not an opportunity for Wish You Were Here.     Its negative opinion but 2018 was far from entertaining if we're frank.

Edited by Mark

33 minutes ago, Mark said:

Agree it's improved Philip, couldn't get much worse could it,  but it's still a surface that doesn't allow the riders to show all there skills.   It's a speedway world championship which should be entertaining not an opportunity for Wish You Were Here.     Its negative opinion but 2018 was far from entertaining if we're frank.

Last 3 years have all been good GPs. Honestly go look on YouTube. Much better then they used to be for sure.

4 hours ago, Mark said:

Delighted to see Prague back in the SGP calendar and I will be there next June which will be six years in a row. As for the racing I think Thomas Topinka is head of track operations at the Marketa now and since taking over in General the racing has been much improved.

1 hour ago, RPNY said:

Last 3 years have all been good GPs. Honestly go look on YouTube. Much better then they used to be for sure.

Youtube not needed, seen them live on TV.

22 minutes ago, screm said:

Delighted to see Prague back in the SGP calendar and I will be there next June which will be six years in a row. As for the racing I think Thomas Topinka is head of track operations at the Marketa now and since taking over in General the racing has been much improved.

It has improved but could not get any worse.     Hope 2019 is better but likely it will still be one line racing and from the gate until the latter stages of the GP.   Enjoy your holiday.

Edited by Mark

19 hours ago, Mark said:

Youtube not needed, seen them live on TV.

It has improved but could not get any worse.     Hope 2019 is better but likely it will still be one line racing and from the gate until the latter stages of the GP.   Enjoy your holiday.

I will don't worry, the way you describe the Prague SGP you could quite easily say about every SGP as its hard to put forward any GP that is great from the get go.

I've not been to a GP other than Cardiff but I'm thinking of going to this one.

Any advice would be appreciated on travel to and from airport and city to stadium, accommodation etc. Are tickets readily available as I see it's not a big stadium and I wouldn't like to pay for flights and find I can't get tickets?

12 minutes ago, AFCB Wildcat said:

Any advice would be appreciated on travel to and from airport and city to stadium, accommodation etc. Are tickets readily available as I see it's not a big stadium and I wouldn't like to pay for flights and find I can't get tickets?

Tickets go on sale mid october so keep an eye out and i suggest you buy when available- pretty good view from most of the seats- by start is quite expensive. If you trawl through the Prague 2018 thread it gives details of the trams and metro lines to the stadium.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AFCB Wildcat said:

Always buy your ticket, I use the Speedway GP site. Getting from airport to city is very easy with public transport readily available. Personally I book a car through the airport transfers site, yes its more expensive but they delivery you to your hotel door so if you are going for the first time it might be an idea to look at that, they will also do the returm trip which you can book on their site, dont use private taxis as they will rip you off, if you are using the taxis use the official ones and get your price before your journey. Travelling around Prague could not be cheaper or easier be it tram, which I use, metro or bus, you will need a ticket which your hotel will almost certainly sell or you can get them in many of the tobacco shops. Once on validate your ticket using the machines. For the last few years I have stayed at the Pyramida Hotel, very handy for the city as the tram stop is right outside and very handy for Marketa as its only half a dozen stops up to Marketa, use tram 22 Bila Hora.

Enjoy your trip

• Thanks 1