British Speedway Forum
STEPHEN 333

Prague GP, Saturday June 15th 2019

20 hours ago, screm said:

Always buy your ticket, I use the Speedway GP site. Getting from airport to city is very easy with public transport readily available. Personally I book a car through the airport transfers site, yes its more expensive but they delivery you to your hotel door so if you are going for the first time it might be an idea to look at that, they will also do the returm trip which you can book on their site, dont use private taxis as they will rip you off, if you are using the taxis use the official ones and get your price before your journey. Travelling around Prague could not be cheaper or easier be it tram, which I use, metro or bus, you will need a ticket which your hotel will almost certainly sell or you can get them in many of the tobacco shops. Once on validate your ticket using the machines. For the last few years I have stayed at the Pyramida Hotel, very handy for the city as the tram stop is right outside and very handy for Marketa as its only half a dozen stops up to Marketa, use tram 22 Bila Hora.

Enjoy your trip

Thanks for your helpful advice, much appreciated. Flights and hotel booked now. Ryanair flying from Bournemouth from next year and £75 each return including priority boarding, cabin bag and chosen seats. Bargain! Cheaper than Cardiff by train :-)

30 minutes ago, AFCB Wildcat said:

Thanks for your helpful advice, much appreciated. Flights and hotel booked now. Ryanair flying from Bournemouth from next year and £75 each return including priority boarding, cabin bag and chosen seats. Bargain! Cheaper than Cardiff by train :-)

Great city, make sure you visit the castle, the astronomical clock,Charles bridge, Petrin tower, Jewish quarter, old town.

I have used https://www.prague-airport-transfers.co.uk/  several times and recommend them  from and to the airport.

one thing that needs to be mentioned- Prague is rife with pickpockets - be aware !!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AFCB Wildcat said:

Great stuff, hope to see you there. As racer and royals be aware about pick pockets though I have been there a few times now and never had any problems, just be sensible don`t have your phone or wallet sticking out your back pockets things like that. Seems the hot spots are the narrow streets around the old town leading to Wenceslas Square. As advised the old town is lovely as is the palace, don`t let the walk up the hill put you off, once there the views of Prague are lovely.

• Like 1

Re transport to / from Prague Airport, Uber is an option I sometimes use, works well, and cheaper than the previously mentioned rip off taxis.

Pick Up point for Uber at the airport is the car park across a couple of zebra crossings from terminal 1, the terminal into which UK flights arrive at.

Re Pickpockets, keep your wallet in your front pocket....Personally, never had a problem re pickpockets in 21 years of going to Czecho, for the Golden Helmet and Grand Prix.

• Like 1

All booked for Prague yet again, flying out of Edinburgh staying at Pyramida. A couple of weeks ago I got a PM from someone asking about booking into the Pyramida, I am sorry but I have deleted your PM by mistake but you should now be able to book there if you still wish to.

On 10/27/2018 at 6:11 PM, screm said:

All booked for Prague yet again, flying out of Edinburgh staying at Pyramida. A couple of weeks ago I got a PM from someone asking about booking into the Pyramida, I am sorry but I have deleted your PM by mistake but you should now be able to book there if you still wish to.

I tried booking the Pyramida both through booking.com and direct on their website last month but it said no availability for my dates :-(

Any news on when the stadium tickets are due to be released yet, thought it was Mid November.

Edited by STEPHEN 333

23 hours ago, STEPHEN 333 said:

Any news on when the stadium tickets are due to be released yet, thought it was Mid November.

there wont be a mad rush as Prague does not sell out

Tickets on sale now - just purchased mine - Really reasonable at £75 per ticket for section A1.

On 11/7/2018 at 9:12 AM, BuxtonTiger said:

Pyramida is available if you book a Jet2 weekend break.

Still available through tripadvisor also - just booked the Friday & Saturday night.