British Speedway Forum
STEPHEN 333

Prague GP, Saturday June 15th 2019

12 minutes ago, acef said:

Racing incident. No different to the Fricke/Harris one at bv last week

Not for me.

10 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Fricke did that to Harris live on TV the other week,,,,, what goes around comes around 

He did and bomber should have read it, just like max should have.

It’s an exclusion like Max’s was, if he went down, which by the book I guess is the correct decision.

But I don’t agree with it.

13 minutes ago, acef said:

It’s a tough one and at the risk of repeating what I said last week, Madsen just about had the lead. Max, like Bomber, decided to keep it wound on rather than read the move.

He doesn’t leave racing room but this is top level speedway.

This is after all speedway racing,it would be nice if racing room was left whether it be top level speedway or at the very bottom.If it was N.Pedersen pulling that move he would have been castigated for it and rightly so.The same should apply for Madsen.This isn't football and riders can't just take a fall to get the other excluded for fear of injuring themselves. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Falubaz said:

Where are the other Brits then? 2 Poles in the final.

How are Poland doing in the Cricket World Cup? Ever won the Football World Cup? No? How about Rugby? Any F1 World Champions?

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, tellboy said:

This is after all speedway racing,it would be nice if racing room was left whether it be top level speedway or at the very bottom.If it was N.Pedersen pulling that move he would have been castigated for it and rightly so.The same should apply for Madsen.This isn't football and riders can't just take a fall to get the other excluded for fear of injuring themselves. 

The thing is, unless I’ve missed it, it doesn’t say anywhere that you have to leave racing room. That is just a respectful, gentleman’s agreement. If max goes down then Leon goes as primary cause just like max did last week because that is the rule but if you stay on and fail to read the move then I guess you takes your chances.

Its a real 50/50 but personally I don’t think Madsen does a lot wrong. Ungentlemanly maybe, but not outside of the rules.

Pedersen has been castigated on a number of occasions for things that were just tough racing moves.

• Like 1

At the end of the day if max is going to put it out then he’s got to be able to take it and tbf he didn’t go after Leon.

Leon had got in front, there was a nice berm of dirt coming out of 3 and max was using it all night, picked up a shed load of speed and just doesn’t read the move for me.

Cracking rider Madsen...

You don't be top five in Poland for several years without being world class and a bit ruthless..

Not many riders could ride so narrow at that speed down a straight and not drift to the fence on a slick track..

Proper talent...

And whilst I have a soft spot for Dudek, Madsen isn't Polish... ;)

Tai 3 Poland 1...:D

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Fricke did that to Harris live on TV the other week,,,,, what goes around comes around 

Exactly. A more seasoned campaigner would have put it down to get the points in a rerun. Just inexperience on his part. 

5 minutes ago, ouch said:

Exactly. A more seasoned campaigner would have put it down to get the points in a rerun. Just inexperience on his part. 

Probably would've also injured themselves and possibly others in the ensuing carnage.

Racing incident as I see it Madsen came out of the bend pretty damn fast and touched Fricke.  I'm well aware at those speeds a nudge is more than a wink. 

When you see it from behind Fricke had a fair bit of room. As Del-Boy used to say he who dares wins.

Maybe Fricke should've cut inside instead of trying the outside.

Who knows life is full of If's but's and maybe's.  You get one chance to make a split second decision.

Also Fricke didn't throw his toys out of the pram afterwards.

17 minutes ago, ouch said:

Probably would've also injured themselves and possibly others in the ensuing carnage.

Racing incident as I see it Madsen came out of the bend pretty damn fast and touched Fricke.  I'm well aware at those speeds a nudge is more than a wink. 

When you see it from behind Fricke had a fair bit of room. As Del-Boy used to say he who dares wins.

Maybe Fricke should've cut inside instead of trying the outside.

Who knows life is full of If's but's and maybe's.  You get one chance to make a split second decision.

Also Fricke didn't throw his toys out of the pram afterwards.

Well done to Phil Morris and everyone else involved in getting the meeting done in two hours or so with the weather threat, that fortunately never really materialised (and for allowing us more drinking time afterwards). Madsen has to be taken seriously as a potential champion although there's a long way to go, but congratulations to Kolodziej for grabbing the win. 

Edited by Tactical Joker

1 hour ago, Col said:

How are Poland doing in the Cricket World Cup? Ever won the Football World Cup? No? How about Rugby? Any F1 World Champions?

This is a Speedway forum. He / She has every right to gloat. Unfortunately :(

The most embarrassing aspect of the evening from a British perspective, once again, was Craig Ackroyd's performance.

Absolutely dreadful.

• Like 1

Why dreadful? Apologies if I missed these embarrassing decisions but Prague boreathon is a ‘fast forward’ luxury. Only contentious incident, as I recall, was if Fricke had gone down Madsen would probably have been excluded. 

• Like 1