British Speedway Forum
STEPHEN 333

Prague GP, Saturday June 15th 2019

It was a GP, and you expect tough racing. Leaving very little room, but not barging a rider into the fence.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ouch said:

Exactly. A more seasoned campaigner would have put it down to get the points in a rerun. Just inexperience on his part. 

If he had put the bike down Doyle would have run over him and maybe the rider in fourth too.     Very tough riding, ruthless, but that GP racing.  

Edited by Mark

7 hours ago, CB252 said:

The most embarrassing aspect of the evening from a British perspective, once again, was Craig Ackroyd's performance.

Absolutely dreadful.

Embarrassing? The only mistake I can recollect was not penalising Janowski for moving at the tapes that gave him a win.

• Like 1

Well done Max showing your true colours at GP level.

One good race in the first 20 heats and then good racing in the semis and final reflects on a poor meeting overall.

Title is now wide open.

couple of big scores from riders lower down and there in the hunt as well 

8 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

It was a GP, and you expect tough racing. Leaving very little room, but not barging a rider into the fence.

It was the way he did it what annoyed me .....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Embarrassing? The only mistake I can recollect was not penalising Janowski for moving at the tapes that gave him a win.

you must be trolling 

16 minutes ago, tarkens said:

you must be trolling 

You must be joking!

what mistakes do you think he made?

FIRST visit to a GP for me this year. Prague remains a fabulous city to visit and ensures a great weekend regardless. Good to see a sell-out crowd at the Marketa, the threatening thunderstorms kept away but the racing until the latter stages was disappointing. Agreed with many who felt that the track had been over-watered at times but an exciting climax and another great evening in the city. Understand young Pavel Ondrasik and Tomas Topinka have plans to upgrade the track which would be the icing on the cake.

So another Prague weekend done and dusted, as every the City never fails, lovely food, great weather and cheap beer. As others have said the racing wasnt up to much, giving the heat of Friday and Saturday it would just about impossible to get any moisture into the surface, one or two good races towards the end however. Last night slightly sullied by the antics of two peed up Polish fans who gave Antonio Lindback all kinds of racist abuse prior to Ht1 then disappeared just after the rain started and missed their rider winning on the night.  

Apologies if it's been said before....What annoys me about the moving at the start scenario is that referees only seem to pull it back if the rider moving hits the front?

Surely if they get out ahead of ANYONE, then it's unfair ???

Poor refereeing once again imo…….

2 heats worth the entrance fee and one heat which should have seen Madsen excluded for unfair riding imo!

Poor spectacle if that's the pinnacle of our beloved sport (imo)

I personally think moving at the start should be allowed,but if they touch the tapes then they should be excluded.This my opinion anyway.This would take away the did he move or not scenario,or was it just the perfect gate.You will know pretty much straight away if they have touched the tapes or not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Understand young Pavel Ondrasik and Tomas Topinka have plans to upgrade the track which would be the icing on the cake.

How many time is that going to be said, and posted on here? Almost very blinking year for a decade I think........

• Like 1

Pleased for Kolodjei, thought he was going to be tail end Charlie this year, looks like he making a go of it. He looked genuinely pleased with himself afterwards. Like a child with a new toy. He rode well. 

I just like speedway, not too bothered who wins so long as they are fair, but preferably not a start tart, so that rules out Madsen, Dudek and Laguta. 

34 minutes ago, iris123 said:

How many time is that going to be said, and posted on here? Almost very blinking year for a decade I think........

Yeah, I have plans as well...

But the track had a new surface a couple of years ago so the only thing I see as an upgrade to the track is to re-do the bends. Move them in 1-2 meters and make the bends 1-2 wide and round and put a twist between bends 3-4. Just a thought...

EDIT: and cut the corners inwards. Each one.

Edited by f-s-p