British Speedway Forum
STEPHEN 333

Prague GP, Saturday June 15th 2019

How big is the stadium in Pardubice, surely that would be a better track to have the Czech GP?

3 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

BYDGOSZCZ is history now ... better Polish tracks and stadiums

I remember back to some fantastic racing in GPS there, THE MOST EXCITING GPs ever probably, the one and only reason I suggested it.

15 hours ago, Mark said:

Krsko for Manchester and Czestochowa or Rybnik for Gorzow.   But I would have to think longer about Prague.    They cannot all be on Polish tracks so someone who has seen more meetings in mainland Europe can help.

Personally I would love to see a SGP at Manchester but that would surely have an impact on Cardiff.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Col said:

How big is the stadium in Pardubice, surely that would be a better track to have the Czech GP?

Not sure if the owners at Pardubice are all that keen on getting SGP there, and I don't think BSI are any more keen as well on the idea. As a racing spectacle this year wasn't great for Prague but hopefully next with promised changes things will be better.

Still a great weekend

3 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

BYDGOSZCZ is history now ... better Polish tracks and stadiums

Not convinced the stadium at Leszno is any better than Bydgoszcz, they held the last World Cup there.

42 minutes ago, Col said:

Not convinced the stadium at Leszno is any better than Bydgoszcz, they held the last World Cup there.

Leszno is miles better than Bydgoszcz, however they have started to upgrade the Bydgoszcz stadium with new seating.

• Like 1

Trying to remember exactly, but the seats on the first turn at both stadiums didn't have back rests.  There was certainly no seating at Byggoszcz on turns 2, 3 or 4 just terracing.  Not sure I had license to wonder around as much at Leszno.

Gollob in full flight around Bydgoszcz was a sight to behold..Best track in the world imo.

21 hours ago, screm said:

But its not rubbish every year, Ive been to some decent SGP at Marketa, but on last night yes that was not good though with the weather during all last week, probably understandable as getting any moisture into the track would be very difficult. Interesting to hear what tracks should be used for SGP.

This is what I dont get there has been more then of its fair share of decent racing at Marketa in recent times. Even Saturday there was some decent action later on (same happened last year) For me this HAS to stay as part of the series. Lovely little stadium, great City. Its a must

I've skimmed through the races and didn't think it was too bad actually - there doesn't have to be overtaking for it still be a decent race - positioning and defending are key skills.  Don't want to see any more Polish rounds.

To see Fricke getting Fricked was rather ironic but Madsen should have been disqualified there.  Is it both him and Dudek that have been banned previously for drugs offences?  It's another argument as to whether they should be allowed to compete in the GPs but I'm not keen on it.

Also very interesting in that the GP highlighted the advantages of having the right gate position at the right time.  Standard regrades every four heats and at semi/final stages always spoils things for me as those races immediately prior are often better contested/more unpredictable.

Edited by SPEEDY69

42 minutes ago, RPNY said:

This is what I dont get there has been more then of its fair share of decent racing at Marketa in recent times. Even Saturday there was some decent action later on (same happened last year) For me this HAS to stay as part of the series. Lovely little stadium, great City. Its a must

Heat 12 was good and the two semi's were good.  The rest were very repetitive and a bit boring.   Who wants action only late in a meeting.   The paying fan want and desrve action for most of the meeting.    The whole idea of a Prague GP seems to revolve around the city being lovely.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Col said:

They could have the meeting over 3 heats

2  eight rider semi-finals

An eight rider final.

Let's face it there's enough room

19 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I've skimmed through the races and didn't think it was too bad actually - there doesn't have to be overtaking for it still be a decent race - positioning and defending are key skills.  Don't want to see any more Polish rounds.

To see Fricke getting Fricked was rather ironic but Madsen should have been disqualified there.  Is it both him and Dudek that have been banned previously for drugs offences?  It's another argument as to whether they should be allowed to compete in the GPs but I'm not keen on it.

Also very interesting in that the GP highlighted the advantages of having the right gate position at the right time.  Standard regrades every four heats and at semi/final stages always spoils things for me as those races immediately prior are often better contested/more unpredictable.

Half the Tory cabinet who rule the UK have done worse than Dudek.   Hardly a hanging offence what Dudek done as a very young kid.   Learn from it and move on.  

Edited by Mark

6 hours ago, screm said:

Personally I would love to see a SGP at Manchester but that would surely have an impact on Cardiff.

It might be a positive.   See a good GP in the north and one in the south.     Plenty of moaners on here who says Cardiff is too far to travel.   

16 minutes ago, Mark said:

Half the Tory cabinet who rule the UK have done worse than Dudek.   Hardly a hanging offence what Dudek done as a very young kid.   Learn from it and move on.  

Yeah, I don't like them either!