Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
STEPHEN 333

Prague GP, Saturday June 15th 2019

Recommended Posts

How big is the stadium in Pardubice, surely that would be a better track to have the Czech GP?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

BYDGOSZCZ is history now ... better Polish tracks and stadiums

I remember back to some fantastic racing in GPS there, THE MOST EXCITING GPs ever probably, the one and only reason I suggested it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Mark said:

Krsko for Manchester and Czestochowa or Rybnik for Gorzow.   But I would have to think longer about Prague.    They cannot all be on Polish tracks so someone who has seen more meetings in mainland Europe can help.

Personally I would love to see a SGP at Manchester but that would surely have an impact on Cardiff.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Col said:

How big is the stadium in Pardubice, surely that would be a better track to have the Czech GP?

Not sure if the owners at Pardubice are all that keen on getting SGP there, and I don't think BSI are any more keen as well on the idea. As a racing spectacle this year wasn't great for Prague but hopefully next with promised changes things will be better.

Still a great weekend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

BYDGOSZCZ is history now ... better Polish tracks and stadiums

Not convinced the stadium at Leszno is any better than Bydgoszcz, they held the last World Cup there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Col said:

Not convinced the stadium at Leszno is any better than Bydgoszcz, they held the last World Cup there.

Leszno is miles better than Bydgoszcz, however they have started to upgrade the Bydgoszcz stadium with new seating.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trying to remember exactly, but the seats on the first turn at both stadiums didn't have back rests.  There was certainly no seating at Byggoszcz on turns 2, 3 or 4 just terracing.  Not sure I had license to wonder around as much at Leszno.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gollob in full flight around Bydgoszcz was a sight to behold..Best track in the world imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, screm said:

But its not rubbish every year, Ive been to some decent SGP at Marketa, but on last night yes that was not good though with the weather during all last week, probably understandable as getting any moisture into the track would be very difficult. Interesting to hear what tracks should be used for SGP.

This is what I dont get there has been more then of its fair share of decent racing at Marketa in recent times. Even Saturday there was some decent action later on (same happened last year) For me this HAS to stay as part of the series. Lovely little stadium, great City. Its a must

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I've skimmed through the races and didn't think it was too bad actually - there doesn't have to be overtaking for it still be a decent race - positioning and defending are key skills.  Don't want to see any more Polish rounds.

To see Fricke getting Fricked was rather ironic but Madsen should have been disqualified there.  Is it both him and Dudek that have been banned previously for drugs offences?  It's another argument as to whether they should be allowed to compete in the GPs but I'm not keen on it.

Also very interesting in that the GP highlighted the advantages of having the right gate position at the right time.  Standard regrades every four heats and at semi/final stages always spoils things for me as those races immediately prior are often better contested/more unpredictable.

Edited by SPEEDY69

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, RPNY said:

This is what I dont get there has been more then of its fair share of decent racing at Marketa in recent times. Even Saturday there was some decent action later on (same happened last year) For me this HAS to stay as part of the series. Lovely little stadium, great City. Its a must

Heat 12 was good and the two semi's were good.  The rest were very repetitive and a bit boring.   Who wants action only late in a meeting.   The paying fan want and desrve action for most of the meeting.    The whole idea of a Prague GP seems to revolve around the city being lovely.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Col said:

How big is the stadium in Pardubice, surely that would be a better track to have the Czech GP?

They could have the meeting over 3 heats

2  eight rider semi-finals

An eight rider final.

Let's face it there's enough room

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I've skimmed through the races and didn't think it was too bad actually - there doesn't have to be overtaking for it still be a decent race - positioning and defending are key skills.  Don't want to see any more Polish rounds.

To see Fricke getting Fricked was rather ironic but Madsen should have been disqualified there.  Is it both him and Dudek that have been banned previously for drugs offences?  It's another argument as to whether they should be allowed to compete in the GPs but I'm not keen on it.

Also very interesting in that the GP highlighted the advantages of having the right gate position at the right time.  Standard regrades every four heats and at semi/final stages always spoils things for me as those races immediately prior are often better contested/more unpredictable.

Half the Tory cabinet who rule the UK have done worse than Dudek.   Hardly a hanging offence what Dudek done as a very young kid.   Learn from it and move on.  

Edited by Mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, screm said:

Personally I would love to see a SGP at Manchester but that would surely have an impact on Cardiff.

It might be a positive.   See a good GP in the north and one in the south.     Plenty of moaners on here who says Cardiff is too far to travel.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Mark said:

Half the Tory cabinet who rule the UK have done worse than Dudek.   Hardly a hanging offence what Dudek done as a very young kid.   Learn from it and move on.  

Yeah, I don't like them either!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy