British Speedway Forum
STEPHEN 333

Prague GP, Saturday June 15th 2019

9 hours ago, tellboy said:

And a broken TH3 in his neck unfortunately.

To be honest, it really didn't look that bad, but crashes on the straight can be deceptive. It could actually have been a lot worse, but Laguta did well to control it after clipping Lampart's back wheel.

It just proves how things can change in a split-second - and can affect a whole season...

Steve

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chunky said:

To be honest, it really didn't look that bad, but crashes on the straight can be deceptive. It could actually have been a lot worse, but Laguta did well to control it after clipping Lampart's back wheel.

It just proves how things can change in a split-second - and can affect a whole season...

Steve

It didn't look that bad.     Specsavers eye test needed.    Being slamed into the hard fence back first at 60mph didn't look that bad.:drink:

Edited by Mark

11 minutes ago, chunky said:

Steve

It would have been better had Laguta not got so close to his own riders back wheel.It would have been much easier to miss the back wheel than having to control the bike after having hit Lampart's back wheel.There then wouldn't have been the injury.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mark said:

It didn't look that bad.     Specsavers eye test needed.    Being slamed into the hard fence back first at 60mph didn't look that bad.:drink:

To be fair to chunky, I'm sure we've all seen crashes look a lot worse where the riders just walk away.

The fences also aren't as hard as they used to be. They now have to have more give in them. It would have been worse the a few years ago. 

4 hours ago, tellboy said:

It would have been better had Laguta not got so close to his own riders back wheel.It would have been much easier to miss the back wheel than having to control the bike after having hit Lampart's back wheel.There then wouldn't have been the injury.

It seemed to me like Laguta expected his team mate to let the bike run rather than continuing to turn to keep a low line off the corner, scrubbing a bit of speed in the process. 

A minor misjudgment and misunderstanding that obviously had terrible consequences, but Laguta wasn't doing anything that doesn't happen regularly in top level speedway. 

• Like 2

On 6/3/2019 at 4:52 PM, OveFundinFan said:

All good experience for Robert.  Just think the 2 best under 21's, Smektala and Drabik are not getting the same opportunity at this time. Drabik may well get a call to be no16 at a future Polish gp this year, matching Smektala, but Robert will have at least 23 on the trot.

However, even under the old system, Lambert would have been at these GP's as the backup having just missed out in the GP Challenge last year.

46 minutes ago, STEPHEN 333 said:

Going to be a warm day on Saturday,  highs now of 31c, anyone know of a few good pubs.

GREAT Irish bar on the south west corner of the main square. My forecast is 34c on Saturday!

15 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

GREAT Irish bar on the south west corner of the main square. My forecast is 34c on Saturday!

On a very cold snowy day in the winter of 97 the barstaff introduced me to Guinness and Tia Maria. A strange combination but very tasty

16 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

On a very cold snowy day in the winter of 97 the barstaff introduced me to Guinness and Tia Maria. A strange combination but very tasty

HOW were you the next morning:D

Flying out to this tomorrow with 4 mates, but we only have 4 tickets between the 5 of us - if anyone has a spare or hears of any Friday night/Saturday - please let me know!

7 hours ago, AlexBrady said:

Flying out to this tomorrow with 4 mates, but we only have 4 tickets between the 5 of us - if anyone has a spare or hears of any Friday night/Saturday - please let me know!

I would be surprised if there wasn't tickets still available 

2 hours ago, screm said:

I would be surprised if there wasn't tickets still available 

Official sell out yesterday afternoon -  although I think you’re right, I’m sure they’ll be some floating around

Currently enjoying a beer in old town square. It's going to be very warm for practice and qualifying