British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

King's Lynn v Belle Vue; Play-Off. semi final 2nd leg

6 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think considering the team they started the season with and how much stronger it was than all the others then getting to the final is the very minimum expectation for Poole fans and the speedway community in general.

On the other hand Lynn were predicted to finish bottom so should feel under no pressure. Anything now is a bonus.

Doubt the management and riders see it that way. Finishing clear at the top means anything other that winning the final will be viewed as failure. Either Somerset and Poole will go into the final as plucky underdogs.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Doubt the management and riders see it that way. Finishing clear at the top means anything other that winning the final will be viewed as failure. Either Somerset and Poole will go into the final as plucky underdogs.

Shovvy I can’t agree with anything you say, but i’ll Give you a quid a bucket for ya 541t3.  Be good for the roses 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Just saying it as it is. Kings Lynn finished top so the pressure is all on them. No mind games needed. If Poole make the final against all the odds (bottom in July) they will have done a remarkable job. 

In doing so Pirates will have “the peoples vote” as the team to support.

I don't think Poole will ever get "the peoples vote".

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

You do have to laugh but its the same person trolling over and over.

Poole hot favourites at the start of the season.

Had the best 1-7 assembled and boy did the Poole mafia let everybody know.

The fact remains that Poole were awful this season and by hook or by crook and elements of luck they have almost made the final.

The 1-7 Poole had should have walked the league and the fact they have changed 13 riders means it would look pretty poor if they didnt make the final.

Even if Poole make the final and lose to a team that were expected to finish bottom then Poole have had a poor season, i also dont think Poole would have been where they are if they didnt benefit from Rye House closing and they have been very lucky as well with no injuries.

And there is no way Poole will get the peoples vote lol. 

Kings Lynn have been the underdogs all season so a victory in the final will be against the odds

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

IF Poole make it to the final they will most definitely be favourites because of their tricky old, holey track .......

• Like 2

I don't think Kings Lynn were ever regarded as underdogs all season by any means, they may have not been expected to win but they made the right changes at the right time and now are the title favourites. I don't think they were never expected to finish bottom.

The Poole team looked good on paper but riders go in and out of form, Josh G for example has only been riding well fairly recently, he had a very poor start, Holder didn't materialise so changes had to be made and now we have a small chance of winning which is amazing considering how we started.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Trees said:

IF Poole make it to the final they will most definitely be favourites because of their tricky old, holey track .......

You forgot to mention the ruts!

• Haha 1

Am Here in czech republic see a certain Mark Riss down to ride in Sunday's Golden Helmet.wether they got wrong Riss programmed we will see.How  Belle Vue explain that one.?

Gotta love Bagpuss trying to play it down! Oh and Gavan playing his same old record yet again :D

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Gotta love Bagpuss trying to play it down! Oh and Gavan playing his same old record yet again :D

Got to fight fire with fire :wink:

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Am Here in czech republic see a certain Mark Riss down to ride in Sunday's Golden Helmet.wether they got wrong Riss programmed we will see.How  Belle Vue explain that one.?

You seem to have some sort of obsessive vendetta against Belle Vue. Even if you're right and he does ride why would they have to explain anything. They first discovered from Ipswich that Mark Riss had said he was returning to Germany and would not ride again this season. They had contact with him and he confirmed the situation. On that basis he was withholding his services and his UK teams were granted a guest facility. If he does now ride on Sunday that is nothing to do with either Ipswich or Belle Vue and they cannot control whether he rides in a different country. He is still withholding his services in the UK.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

I don't think they were never expected to finish bottom.

Que? 

6 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Just saying it as it is. Kings Lynn finished top so the pressure is all on them. No mind games needed. If Poole make the final against all the odds (bottom in July) they will have done a remarkable job. 

In doing so Pirates will have “the peoples vote” as the team to support.

Incidentally where were Lynn in the league in July,3rd from bottom i think.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Incidentally where were Lynn in the league in July,3rd from bottom i think.

Because they had lots of meetings in hand.