British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

King's Lynn v Belle Vue; Play-Off. semi final 2nd leg

No he didn’t. Read the article. He rode at Pila in an aborted attempt to come back and failed. 

Andersen told the Daily Echo: "I'm not going to ride. Apart from the meeting in Poland, it's been six or seven weeks since I rode a bike so I've decided to call it quits for the season.

"There is a saying that you are only as good as your last race. Having not been on the bike for seven weeks, my performance would be different to what it would be if I were race-fit.”

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No he didn’t. Read the article. He rode at Pila in an aborted attempt to come back and failed. 

Andersen told the Daily Echo: "I'm not going to ride. Apart from the meeting in Poland, it's been six or seven weeks since I rode a bike so I've decided to call it quits for the season.

"There is a saying that you are only as good as your last race. Having not been on the bike for seven weeks, my performance would be different to what it would be if I were race-fit.”

he rode FACT !! ffs !!

Proof please. His season ended when an out of control Fricke smashed into him at Leicester. I was there and saw it myself. He then posted a sickening picture of the injury. He tried to make a comeback at Pila but pulled out, and didn’t ride again that season. Poole had no choice but to find a replacement but we were never going to cover for Andersen, as it so proved.

• Like 1

but didn't he go into the meeting at Pila fully intending to ride (whatever the outcome) while he was out injured for Poole?

1 hour ago, stevehone said:

but didn't he go into the meeting at Pila fully intending to ride (whatever the outcome) while he was out injured for Poole?

Yes he tried to ride after his injury in the hope that he could ride but realised he couldn't so did not ride for the rest of the season. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, stevehone said:

Since when do rules in British Speedway apply in Polish Speedway?  Its only in British speedway that there is/was the 'season-ending' injury rule.

Take the Dudek injury - in Sweden they bring in KK as a replacement (not the best decision I grant you but it is allowed even at this late stage of their season.)

Edited by Skidder1

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

Since when do rules in British Speedway apply in Polish Speedway?  Its only in British speedway that there is/was the 'season-ending' injury rule.

Take the Dudek injury - in Sweden they bring in KK as a replacement (not the best decision I grant you but it is allowed even at this late stage of their season.)

Not the point is it, the fact that Hans actually 'tried' to race after being ruled out and replaced with a season ending injury! 

Promoters in this country try to close every loophole in the rules that is open to abuse, if only they did it before the season started, trouble is the crafty ones amongst them don't want them closed!! Hence our complicated rule book. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Noone ever said that Poland had to abide by GB rules. Just that as soon as Hans lined up at the tapes in a competitive meeting anywhere in the world then by definition his injury had not been "season ending."

And only a "season ending" injury was eligible for a guest replacement.

You can argue from there the merits as to whether guest points should have been retrospectively removed, or simply the guest facility removed from that point onwards.

A season ending injury has to cover the globe otherwise it would be open to abuse (And in this instance I am not disputing at all the seriousness of Hans' injury)

• Like 2

Well it was a 'season ending injury' as far as the League in which the injury was incurred was concerned and the league where the rule was in place.:party:

Not sure that a British rule for something in British sport is ever considered 'global'?!

Edited by Skidder1

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Well it was a 'season ending injury' as far as the League in which the injury was incurred was concerned and the league where the rule was in place.:party:

Typical Poole 

• Haha 1

Abusing the rules forces the BSPA/ SCB to then introduce more draconian rules to try to prevent that abuse. The end result in this case has been that riders with truly genuine season ending injuries cannot now be replaced and when that happens it is unfair to those teams and all because some other team finds it difficult to play fair.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

'Typical Poole'???  It hardly benefitted Poole did it?

Wouldn't take any notice of the hater Trees, it would be fine if KL did it. 

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

Again, that is irrelevant. Many thought it would benefit Poole and I'm sure that the Poole management were amongst them. On paper he was a better rider.

A thief who steals a wallet believing it is going to contain money and credit cards is no less guilty when it turns out to be empty.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

And? Irrelevent......Poole replaced a rider with a much better rider just it didnt work out.

22 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Wouldn't take any notice of the hater Trees, it would be fine if KL did it. 

I doubt it..........most teams play fair ..............Dakota North anyone lol

21 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

Again, that is irrelevant. Many thought it would benefit Poole and I'm sure that the Poole management were amongst them. On paper he was a better rider.

A thief who steals a wallet believing it is going to contain money and credit cards is no less guilty when it turns out to be empty.

100% spot on.