British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

King's Lynn v Belle Vue; Play-Off. semi final 2nd leg

KING'S LYNN: Robert Lambert, Erik Riss, Ty Proctor, Thomas Jorgensen, Niels-Kristian Iversen, Michael Palm Toft, Simon Lambert.

BELLE VUE: Max Fricke, R/R for Craig Cook, Steve Worrall, Rohan Tungate, Tobiasz Musielak (G), Dimitri Berge, Coty Garcia (G)

Edited by Rob B

Not quite sure why the usual Poole guff has polluted this thread but I’d have thought that as a general point if a team (any team) were able to replace a rider who had a ‘season ending injury’ with another after a deadline and that rider rode elsewhere despite being ‘injured’ then the replacements points should be declared null and void and the team made to use a three point replacement if the original rider didn’t return to action despite riding abroad. Common sense surely?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gavan said:

And? Irrelevent......Poole replaced a rider with a much better rider just it didnt work out.

I doubt it..........most teams play fair ..............Dakota North anyone lol

100% spot on.

Oh really Gavan even though Mark Riss is riding elsewhere? Thought he was injured? 

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Not quite sure why the usual Poole guff has polluted this thread but I’d have thought that as a general point if a team (any team) were able to replace a rider who had a ‘season ending injury’ with another after a deadline and that rider rode elsewhere despite being ‘injured’ then the replacements points should be declared null and void and the team made to use a three point replacement if the original rider didn’t return to action despite riding abroad. Common sense surely?

Too sensible baggy

15 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Oh really Gavan even though Mark Riss is riding elsewhere? Thought he was injured? 

Not sure he was injured, after a couple of offs poor Mark's confidence was shot to bits, interestingly after he joined Bellevue,  perhaps too many meetings?? (And before anyone kicks off I'm not blaming Bellevue) anyway he returned home to Germany,  pleased if he is riding again, smiler deserves to bounce back.

20 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Where is Riss riding?

If he is then he should now re take his place or he is now witholding his services in Britain and should get a 28 day ban and Belle Vue get a facility

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

3 hours ago, Rob B said:

KING'S LYNN: Robert Lambert, Erik Riss, Ty Proctor, Thomas Jorgensen, Niels-Kristian Iversen, Michael Palm Toft, Simon Lambert.

BELLE VUE: Max Fricke, R/R for Craig Cook, Steve Worrall, Rohan Tungate, Tobiasz Musielak (G), Dimitri Berge, Coty Garcia (G)

Good guest for Dan. Toby went well in his last visit.  I'll be honest I don't no nothing about Garcia though..

40 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Where is Riss riding?

If he is then he should now re take his place or he is now witholding his services in Britain and should get a 28 day ban and Belle Vue get a facility

Czech Golden Helmet.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Where is Riss riding?

He was suffering poor form and a lack of confidence, not an injury which prevented him from riding, when he decided to end his season in the UK and return to Germany. It was at that point that he was withholding his services.

He rode today in the Czech Golden Helmet but that doesn't affect that he is withholding his services in the UK. I don't know if he could ride on Monday, even if he said he is prepared to return, as I assume he is subject to a suspension.

14 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Good guest for Dan. Toby went well in his last visit.  I'll be honest I don't no nothing about Garcia though..

I don't either, I don't know if he has ever ridden in the top league, he hasn't to my knowledge but his Championship average for Ipswich is 4.41. I don't think we can expect too much but you never know, he may surprise us. 

• Like 1

Hope he scores a few points ( but no to many :wink:) , earns a few quid and enjoys it.

13 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

He was suffering poor form and a lack of confidence, not an injury which prevented him from riding, when he decided to end his season in the UK and return to Germany. It was at that point that he was withholding his services.

He rode today in the Czech Golden Helmet but that doesn't affect that he is withholding his services in the UK. I don't know if he could ride on Monday, even if he said he is prepared to return, as I assume he is subject to a suspension.

I don't either, I don't know if he has ever ridden in the top league, he hasn't to my knowledge but his Championship average for Ipswich is 4.41. I don't think we can expect too much but you never know, he may surprise us. 

Coty surprised a few of us tbh, he got better equipment and help from Danny and started to fly. He'll do you well

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

His lack of confidence could be classed as an injury given it became so acute as to potentially be classed as a mental health issue

Non physical issues such as this should not be trivialised or treated differently

If he is back now he should return to Belle Vue or be classed as witholding his services

Re Coty Garcia he greatly exceeded my expectations of him at Ipswich. Bruv assisted him on the spanners at Foxhall. A very unassuming, level headed individual who with the right set ups has the ability to progress - capable of being in the mix guesting in this meeting IMO

• Like 2

Let's be honest...if Riss is riding again..he should now be banned or start next year with a ban....or be back for Belle Vue, but i guess nothing will happen...it very rarely does.

Coty has been really good since joining ipswich...winning rider of the night many times.

Edited by Baldyman

25 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

His lack of confidence could be classed as an injury given it became so acute as to potentially be classed as a mental health issue

Non physical issues such as this should not be trivialised or treated differently

If he is back now he should return to Belle Vue or be classed as witholding his services

Re Coty Garcia he greatly exceeded my expectations of him at Ipswich. Bruv assisted him on the spanners at Foxhall. A very unassuming, level headed individual who with the right set ups has the ability to progress - capable of being in the mix guesting in this meeting IMO

It could be a mental health issue but so far as I know, which isn't a lot, there has not been a medical certificate. In that circumstance it would be classed as withholding his services. Mark didn't contact Belle Vue but Mark Lemon spoke to him the day after Ipswich's press release and he confirmed what Ipswich had said. I doubt he could now ride tomorrow anyway because withholding your services results in an automatic ban.

Thank you to both you and Badge for the information on Garcia, I hope you're right and that he does a decent job for us.

• Like 2

Mark Riss withheld his services which results in a ban

He didn’t have a season ending injury and then rode again

How people can compare the two is just farcical but expected from some.

Do I like the fact he refused to ride over here? No 

But to compare it to the Hans Andersen injury is just daft 

3 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Can still only see one result here mate. To much for BV to pull back really.