British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

King's Lynn v Belle Vue; Play-Off. semi final 2nd leg

6 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Good guest for Dan. Toby went well in his last visit.  I'll be honest I don't no nothing about Garcia though..

Yes good guest don't know why Bellego rode at B Vue.

6 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Yes good guest don't know why Bellego rode at B Vue.

In Swindon’s three matches at the NSS this year Bellego has outscored Museli 26-15.

24 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

In Swindon’s three matches at the NSS this year Bellego has outscored Museli 26-15.

Yes true but you have to take current form in to account. 

Am I right in thinking that tonight there will be big screens  at both tracks  enabling fans at Poole and KL to witness the other meeting.??     Although I appreciate the technology and the organisation,  and the attraction of both meetings  simultaneously on the telly,  personally,  I would have preferred for Lynn to run the meeting as normal and watch a recording of the other one when we got  back home...    I don't see the logic of why they need to be run at the same time.        When you look at the costings  and the organisation  of having 2 meetings  on together,   who benefit of this expense. ??       Surely 2  separate meetings would be more widely watched than one showing one race then the other...

From previous experiences,  the fans that fork out and support their team,   they are the ones that are kept waiting about while the cameras go to the other venue.    Most of  the fans are only interested in is their own team and how they are doing,    If they wanted to see the other match then they would be best to stay at home and watch...    No I'm not impressed with the idea at all …..

4 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Am I right in thinking that tonight there will be big screens  at both tracks  enabling fans at Poole and KL to witness the other meeting.??     Although I appreciate the technology and the organisation,  and the attraction of both meetings  simultaneously on the telly,  personally,  I would have preferred for Lynn to run the meeting as normal and watch a recording of the other one when we got  back home...    I don't see the logic of why they need to be run at the same time.        When you look at the costings  and the organisation  of having 2 meetings  on together,   who benefit of this expense. ??       Surely 2  separate meetings would be more widely watched than one showing one race then the other...

From previous experiences,  the fans that fork out and support their team,   they are the ones that are kept waiting about while the cameras go to the other venue.    Most of  the fans are only interested in is their own team and how they are doing,    If they wanted to see the other match then they would be best to stay at home and watch...    No I'm not impressed with the idea at all …..

Yes i would think that is the case but usually only delays are for crashes which then hold up both meetings but not for as long as if there is a big delay then they continue just showing the other meeting and catch up with the delayed meeting later. The ad breaks probably hold it up too so even with no crashes there are delays. I think they think it's more exciting have both running at the same time. 

People are quick to moan when there’s nothing going on between races, well tonight you can watch some speedway between races

• Like 6

I personally quite like running both meetings together and at the end of the day if live telly demands it then it’s what will happen. Much better to have something to watch on the big screen than large gaps after each race with nothing going on.

I don't know why but today I have a bad feeling about tonight. I think Belle Vue will turn this over.

Fingers firmly crossed we do make it.

COME ON THE STARS !!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I don't know why but today I have a bad feeling about tonight. I think Belle Vue will turn this over.

COME ON THE STARS !!!!!!

Your home and hosed mate, your boys just have to be professional. Lose this now and that would be a disaster.

4 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

COME ON THE STARS !!!!!!

I think it will be a close meeting. A Lynn win would be great, but going through, even with a loss, without any injuries must be the aim. 

I have said in other posts I think the Stars peaked a little to soon. I know about the 1st leg, but it was that awesome night from MPT that made the difference, probably not to be repeated. Although I know all the boys were giving it 100%.

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

COME ON THE STARS !!!!!!

I could reassure you and tell you it's just play off day nerves. I could say that even ignoring the reserve scores we only just beat you at the NSS so you will do much better at home, that in our weakened state we are unlikely to get close in the second leg, that Cook is our best rider at KL and that with Fricke now ineligible to take a r/r we are not going to get close to his likely contribution.

But I won't, be afraid, your hopes and dreams could all crumble to dust before your eyes. The Aces are coming,  they have nothing to lose and just like your childhood bogeyman, they are going to get you. :D

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

COME ON THE STARS !!!!!!

Have Kings Lynn been beaten by ten points at home this season? Are Belle Vue understrength, having lost Cook and Bewley?

Kings Lynn are home and hosed. 

Don’t think this will be as easy as some think but you look at the two line ups and you imagine it is going to take something extraordinary for Lynn to not go through. I expect Belle Vue to come out fighting though and give it a good go tonight.

5 hours ago, g13webb said:

I think that tonight the fans will be very interested in in the other match going on plus not everyone has BT sports so can't watch it later, so I think it's brilliant that we can watch it in the breaks between our races

13 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Don’t think this will be as easy as some think but you look at the two line ups and you imagine it is going to take something extraordinary for Lynn to not go through. I expect Belle Vue to come out fighting though and give it a good go tonight.

I'll be surprised if King's Lynn didn't make it through now, but at the same time, I wouldn't under estimate Belle Vue either.  An injured animal is always the most dangerous.
It should be a belter of a meeting, and I for one am very much looking forward to it.

If you're coming, put on a double layer of clothing, because it is really cold in King's Lynn today.

COME ON YOU STARS. 

• Like 1