British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

King's Lynn v Belle Vue; Play-Off. semi final 2nd leg

Good luck to the Stars Tonight. Hope it’s an injury free meeting with plenty of good racing !!!

no weather updates from me cos I’m bombing up the A1 to Bonnies Scotland

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think it will be a close meeting. A Lynn win would be great, but going through, even with a loss, without any injuries must be the aim. 

I have said in other posts I think the Stars peaked a little to soon. I know about the 1st leg, but it was that awesome night from MPT that made the difference, probably not to be repeated. Although I know all the boys were giving it 100%.

I can’t see how you believe the Stars have peaked?

They are the one team that has had the best run in to the Play Offs. Lots of meetings, lots of wins should breed plenty of confidence. 

Only Poole are anything like as in form as the Stars.

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I personally quite like running both meetings together and at the end of the day if live telly demands it then it’s what will happen. Much better to have something to watch on the big screen than large gaps after each race with nothing going on.

No big screen at poole so I'm led to believe

3 hours ago, stevebrum said:

I can’t see how you believe the Stars have peaked?

They are the one team that has had the best run in to the Play Offs. Lots of meetings, lots of wins should breed plenty of confidence. 

Only Poole are anything like as in form as the Stars.

It might just be me and squeaky bum time Brum.Lynn fans ain't used to it ;)but I feel the engine room has gone off the boil a tad. Should be fine at home tonight. Not sure if Ty is 100% fit either.

Last 3 meetings

Swindon v Lynn  Erik   0 ,0, 3, 2, 0 =5 ……… TJ    0,1,R ,2 , 1 =4,      R/R Ty

Lynn  v Swindon      Erik 1, 1, 3, 3,  2,0, 1, 3 =13 ….     TJ    2, 0,1,0, 1 =4      R/R Ty

BV V Lynn       Erik 1, 0, 1, 1 =3  ….  TJ   1, 1, RS, 2 =4     Ty  2,FD, 1, RS = 3

As I say , it might be just me, but  Erik away and TJ everywhere lately are a bit of a worry I think. And is Ty fit.

Edited by Bald Bloke

13 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

It might just be me and squeaky bum time Brum.Lynn fans ain't used to it ;)but I feel the engine room has gone off the boil a tad. Should be fine at home tonight. Not sure if Ty is 100% fit either.

Last 3 meetings

Swindon v Lynn  Erik   0 ,0, 3, 2, 0 =5 ……… TJ    0,1,R ,2 , 1 =4,      R/R Ty

Lynn  v Swindon      Erik 1, 1, 3, 3, 3, 2,0, 1, 3 =13 ….     TJ    2, 0,1,0, 1 =4      R/R Ty

BV V Lynn       Erik 1, 0, 1, 1 =3  ….  TJ   1, 1, RS, 2 =4     Ty  2,FD, 1, RS = 3

As I say , it might be just me, but  Erik away and TJ everywhere lately are a bit of a worry I think. And is Ty fit.

It’s understandable to be a bit squeaky bum at the moment. For me the Stars have the look of title winners to me and I really hope that proves to be the case. You will have earned it this year. Always felt you had terrible luck with injuries in the past when looking like front runners early doors.

Good luck!

• Like 2

Riss and Jorgensen have really gone off the boil a bit I agree. If they're the same tonight we're then relying on Simon Lambert to turn it on. Even 16 points from MPT wouldn't save us. If Robert has a duff one we'll need Iversen to come to the party and he's been inconsistent at home.

If Belle Vue can hit us early again then that may rattle the home side.

Regardless of the teams, Play-Off Speedway throws up a random result now and again.

If the Stars go into this meeting thinking it's done, they'll be beaten. We need to go into this meeting early on like the scores are 0-0.

1 hour ago, ray c said:

need to bring extra coffee and a good book then, will be lots of hanging around

I cant believe the Stars will go in to this being anything else but dialled in.    They know the importance of a good start and to apply more pressure on BV than there is already.  Bringing in Musielak is an astute guest and without doubt make them stronger this time round, but don't lets under estimate how good the Stars can be at home.    I see this being a hard fought match with Belle Vue trying but unable to claw their back in the tie.      Most of our riders are capable of winning races  I can see Robert leading them to victory by heat 13.....    (Think that could be  the heart ruling the brain),   but winning is all that matters....   

Cant wait for the fun to start.....  

1 hour ago, ray c said:

Am I right in assuming the other semi-final can to shown on the big screen at  AFA    ??  

4 minutes ago, poole keith said:

need to bring extra coffee and a good book then, will be lots of hanging around

On the coldest day of the week too! 

• Like 1

Is there any speedway fans in Alcudia at the moment?If so get down to the Foxes Arms and they will show it providing they get enough people there.Just trying to drum up support so I get to see it too.Good luck to Lynn tonight hopefully get to see the match on telly and if we get through I will be home in time for the final :t:

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Riss and Jorgensen have really gone off the boil a bit I agree. If they're the same tonight we're then relying on Simon Lambert to turn it on. Even 16 points from MPT wouldn't save us. If Robert has a duff one we'll need Iversen to come to the party and he's been inconsistent at home.

If Belle Vue can hit us early again then that may rattle the home side.

Regardless of the teams, Play-Off Speedway throws up a random result now and again.

If the Stars go into this meeting thinking it's done, they'll be beaten. We need to go into this meeting early on like the scores are 0-0.

I was begining to think it was just me that thought so :blink:

2 hours ago, krompa said:

Extra ride for Fricke (R/R) or not?

Nope.

Stars 50 Aces 40. Thought Ellis may have guested 

Edited by auntie doris