British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

King's Lynn v Belle Vue; Play-Off. semi final 2nd leg

Awful racing but job done. Three riders need to raise their game for next week otherwise we’ll be easy pickings. If everyone contributes we have a great chance.

October. 

Are you coming to Kings Lynn?

Yeh, wouldn’t miss is as we are likely to get a trophy. 

April. 

No it’s boring.

May. 

Chapman issues a use it of lose it warning to the Stars “faithfully”

Speedway promoting out of the top drawer. 

• Like 1

Frankly, I don't care a monkey's about the racing at this stage. It is all about winning.

The only thing I am interested in is that the Stars have made the Play-Off finals for the first time.

There has been a lot of pain being a Stars supporter since 1965.

I will cheer my head off if they gate and go and win the top flight for the first time.

• Like 1

Very poor advert for speedway tonight from both semis.  Its not all about winning (although that is important) but entertaining the fans and both matches have been gash tonight IMHO

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Frankly, I don't care a monkey's about the racing at this stage. It is all about winning.

The only thing I am interested in is that the Stars have made the Play-Off finals for the first time.

I will cheer my head off if they gate and go and win the top flight for the first time.

That's fair enough coming from a Lynn supporter but for the rest of us it's a total shambles, speedway my ar$e.

20 minutes ago, ouch said:

October. 

Yeh, wouldn’t miss is as we are likely to get a trophy. 

April. 

No it’s boring.

May. 

Chapman issues a use it of lose it warning to the Stars “faithfully”

Speedway promoting out of the top drawer. 

I certainly won't be passing any money over to Buster, the racing just gets worse.

Adrian Flux Arena is an awful awful race track.

10 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

I agree at this stage it is all about winning, fortunately I don't have to pay for it and watch it on T.V. 

Started watching this an hour later than the TV start time so I could fast forward through the waffle and delays. Even on fast forward this was a complete abortion of a meeting. Awful stuff.

I feel I’ve had this moan at least once a season for the last 10 years, almost every time you get a meeting from Lynn on the box, the track is far too heavy, riders lifting and straightening up all over the place, with zero passing after the first bend. Everyone used to bang on about how good a track man the Lynn bloke is (can’t remember his name) and every once in a while you get a decent meeting there when the track is slicker, but 80% of the time it’s pure dross. The depressing thing is that Lynn can and has been a decent track, but instead it’s purposely prepped like this these days, offering zero entertainment value. The bloke might have been decent back in the day, but recent history shows he can’t prep a track that’s suitable for racing for the bikes these days.

Small mercy that we were spared having to watch him do endless laps in his tractor on the tv tonight, as lots of Lynn regulars have been complianing of recently.

Dont even get me started on the shambles that was the BV team. Feel sorry for anyone paying to see that tonight.Respect if you stuck it out instead of throwing the towel in and going home to stare at a blank wall in the warm.

EDIT - Buster...that’s the bloke. Absolute charlatan.

Edited by Speedy swindon pete

Well done kings Lynn, good luck in the final. Enjoy it 

• Like 2

Job done. Not great racing, but the Stars got there and no injuries. Glad the rain held off.

Took Grandson tonight. His 1st meeting and he enjoyed it.

Edited by Bald Bloke

47 minutes ago, nw42 said:

That's fair enough coming from a Lynn supporter but for the rest of us it's a total shambles, speedway my ar$e.

As I said, I don't care a monkey's...if Lynn win. I suspect there are a lot of other people who will feel exactly the same

7 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

As I said, I don't care a monkey's...if Lynn win. I suspect there are a lot of other people who will feel exactly the same

Good on you Richard, soak it up, I hope you enjoy the final, also hope it's Somerset and at least we'll see racing on one decent track.

King's Lynn are gonna get whipped at Poole. 

Congratulations to Kings Lynn good luck in the final.  

They said on BT it's their first final but I thought they lost a final a few years back?

14 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

Congratulations to Kings Lynn good luck in the final.  

They said on BT it's their first final but I thought they lost a final a few years back?

You may be thinking of the league title going to the very last meeting at Eastbourne in 2000 which we lost. We lost in the EL Play Off semis to Poole in 2012 & 2014 and won the second division Play Offs in 2006 & 2009.