British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

King's Lynn v Belle Vue; Play-Off. semi final 2nd leg

If it was me as Buster and I was adamant that the dirt and amount of dirt has to remain the same to protect the surface, I'd try to increase the banking on the bends and see if that could add anything. It should in theory add an extra racing line or 2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

I don't get that bit at all.      Here at Lynn,  the track is big, smooth, fast  with wide spaces for ample overtaking.     the  only issues relates to the shale that is used and the preparation of the track.      Most clubs in the UK would be over the moon to have a raceway that was as good as the one at Lynn.  

When most riders are asked, they  say AFA is one of their favourite places to ride....     so it cant be a awful track,     just that it produces processional races....     

Probably needs a few bumps and holes putting in it...:t:

Sorry but a track that produces mainly processional racing in my opinion is an awful track and is a major cause of people walking away from speedway. Fans want to see speedway racing not follow the leader boring speedway.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

congratulations Kings Lynn on an emphatic victory and progress into the final. Personally I feel downbeat that the victory was gained with a very weakened Belle Vue, but one can only beat whats there to be beaten.

As for the final I think Lynn are to strong for Poole and weather permitting will win their 1st title over the 2 legs.

Just now, B.V 72 said:

Sorry but a track that produces mainly processional racing in my opinion is an awful track and is a major cause of people walking away from speedway fans want to see speedway racing not follow the leader boring speedway.

Correct, the Poole track has ruts and bumps but produced brilliant racing last night.

The fact rider's like King's Lynn isn't a good review. Rider's like it because there's not much danger of being passed so is perfectly safe for them.

Smooth as a babies backside does not make King's Lynn a great race track. Passing and repassing is what makes a great race track.

11 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Correct, the Poole track has ruts and bumps but produced brilliant racing last night.

The fact rider's like King's Lynn isn't a good review. Rider's like it because there's not much danger of being passed so is perfectly safe for them.

Smooth as a babies backside does not make King's Lynn a great race track. Passing and repassing is what makes a great race track.

It wasn’t brilliant other than the last lap of the last race, pretty ordinary all night up to then.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

You thought the Poole meeting had brilliant racing?

Must have watched a different meeting to me then.

Processional racing apart from heat 15

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

It wasn’t brilliant other than the last lap of the last race, pretty ordinary all night up to then.

I thought it was pretty good. Plenty of wheel to wheel racing and attempted passes. Rider's were quite close all night. 

Compared to many TV matches and what's dished up at the AFA the Poole meeting was brilliant Speedway. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I thought it was pretty good. Plenty of wheel to wheel racing and attempted passes. Rider's were quite close all night. 

Compared to many TV matches and what's dished up at the AFA the Poole meeting was brilliant Speedway. 

Careful. You are not allowed to give any praise to the Poole track. You have to say its rubbish. That’s the rule on the bsf for non Poole fans.

48 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Riders were close because it was two teams of similar ability, id imagine the final will be the same.

Pooles tracks has bumps , riders were bouncing around, though Lynns wasnt any better. 

Both tracks in the past have had great racing but not really anymore.

What was good at Poole was the team riding by the Somerset riders blocking Pooles riders, a dying art but Covatti and Allen did it well.

I was recording the meetings, I thought 2 meetings run concurrently would replay well on a long winters night. Wrong! It wasn't the best of meetings - either of them and I wiped off the recording as soon as it was all over..... and I was even reading a book as it was on.  Got to say though Bombers overtake on Doyle was brilliantly executed. from last to first.....well done Bomber.

25 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Careful. You are not allowed to give any praise to the Poole track. You have to say its rubbish. That’s the rule on the bsf for non Poole fans.

I didn’t think it was rubbish and riders were certainly much less spaced out than at Lynn, but there was very little actual racing and nearly every heat was decided after half a lap. The interest was provided by the aggregate score. He same thing probably contributed to the Lynn match being awful.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Sorry I totally disagree. Not trying to be controversial and I understand you defending your track but it’s bloody awful. Last night it was quite rough, with riders bouncing about and struggling to turn their bikes for the first few heats. Races were generally well spaced out often with 20 metres between bikes.  There is little in the way of racing lines meaning passing is rare unless you are an exceptional talent. Most races seem to be decided down the back straight of lap one.

It never used to be like this. I don’t think it has anything to do with bikes, more to do with the track prep. Far too grippy? Grippy tracks produce crap racing. Fast times but well spaced out. Make the track slick and watch the racing improve.

I don't dispute the gate and go races that exist at the AFA,   but I wont except it is bumpy,  with the exception of the NSS I haven't seen a smoother track than that at Lynn.  Every meeting takes a few heats to get settled in and Lynn is no different,  but I never saw riders struggling to turn or bouncing all over the place    Yes it is too grippy and races are processional, but so are most tracks in the UK and that is down to the old design and shape of the tracks and modern bikes they use... ..     

Like it has been said,  with the correct shale and better preparation Lynn could be a tremendous race track...     

If Buster wanted to he could create something at Lynn to rival the NSS....he can take the white line in as far as he likes, add banking and change the shale used. He owns the place and therefore has Carte Blanche to make it so much better.

Maybe one day.

• Thanks 1

Congratulations Kings Lynn, it was a pity that the Belle Vue regular riders could not match the guest, a poor showing from Belle Vue, even with a makeshift team.

The final could go either way, but Poole have the experience of having been in several finals, and that could tell in the end.