British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

King's Lynn v Belle Vue; Play-Off. semi final 2nd leg

51 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Lynn have recently been seen as very (too) loyal to riders, it’s more than likely that Kerr, Rose and Andersen would all be in the team now if they hadn’t picked up injuries and forced the promotion’s hand. No doubt we are stronger with their replacements and in a perverse way Lynn’s hand being forced has probably resulted in topping the table.

Try telling that to Holder and Batch!

9 minutes ago, g13webb said:

What has changed Lynn into title contenders was the acquisition of Erik Riss.  This   has  been, the pivotable piece of the team jigsaw.    Like someone else said on this forum,   that has to be the best replacement in the league this year.... 

Totally spot on Mr Webb. With Rose, Kerr and Anderson we are unlikely to have topped the table ( meaning no disrespect to any of that trio ). Eric Riss has, as you say, been the pivot around which positive changes have been made.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

A quite different and rather unique situation of course. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

They got the same ‘loyalty’ as they showed to Buster and the fans.  The one thing riders should know about Chapman is you don’t :;() him over without there being a price to pay 

Edited by semion
  • Like 6

12 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

Totally spot on Mr Webb. With Rose, Kerr and Anderson we are unlikely to have topped the table ( meaning no disrespect to any of that trio ). Eric Riss has, as you say, been the pivot around which positive changes have been made.

That’s spot on he does in the main stay with his original plan.  Though I’ve known to sack a few along the way. Madsen, Allot, even Topinka.

5 minutes ago, semion said:

They got the same ‘loyalty’ as they showed to Buster and the fans.  The one thing riders should know about Chapman is you don’t :;() him over without there being a price to pay 

As Mr Rogers found out with ‘enginefailuregate’.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think he means how many times has a chairman's team won the Prem/top league..If it's odds Lynn, Poole, Somerset, BV in that order at the bookies. 

I think thats what he means. Prices. Ive not seen any but i would think you will get no better than 7/4 Lynn to win it outright now.

Surely Starman you can’t be turning your back on the Pirates ?  I’m sure you would be expecting Poole to take the play -off title from this position ?  Ok the League title  might be gone but the other one is still up for grabs

Edited by semion

2 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

I think thats what he means. Prices. Ive not seen any but i would think you will get no better than 7/4 Lynn to win it outright now.

King's Lynn 8/15 Poole 9/4 Somerset 5/1 and Belle Vue 50/1 from Bet365

Edited by mark.1

13 minutes ago, John Scrutton said:

Barch and Holder were 100% the reason for their sacking 

I cant help thinking this was all Holder's doing..    Having ridden at Poole a few days earlier scoring a Max, not only did he want to show Matt Ford what he was missing,   but also wanted to help them out as well.      Yeah, the track was rubbish that day,  but all the other riders stuck to their task and rode it, so it wasn't that bad...    Holder made out it was unsafe but nobody got injured.     Batch, having won his first race  and was team riding a 5-1 in his second, when he slid off,    no doubt supporting Holder's  ideas.   For both of them to walk away was unforgivable and they deserved all the problems that followed..       I'm still of the impression, had we been riding against any other team then Poole, it wouldn't have happened..... 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mark.1 said:

King's Lynn 8/15 Poole 9/4 Somerset 5/1 and Belle Vue 50/1 from Bet365

Ok right, 7/4 would have been a good bet then..:rolleyes:

Kings Lynn are massive favourites with the bookies to win the title as can be seen. Can they cope with all that pressure?