British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

King's Lynn v Belle Vue; Play-Off. semi final 2nd leg

14 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Kings Lynn are massive favourites with the bookies to win the title as can be seen. Can they cope with all that pressure?

Maybe, maybe not but one thing for certain is I fully expect something to go wrong for us. Winning the top league has always been a bit of a bogey for this club. There is some kind of voodoo over us.

27 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Kings Lynn are massive favourites with the bookies to win the title as can be seen. Can they cope with all that pressure?

They are huge favourites because of he fact they are pretty much in the final but then again I wouldn’t expect you to know how odds work.

Lets say in a two legged football match semi final that match one between Chelsea v Liverpool ends 0-3 to Liverpool (similar to Lynn at Belle Vue) and the other match between Man Utd at home to Man City ends 1-1 ( similar to Somerset v Poole)

Quite clearly Liverpool would be hot favourites to win the final (like Lynn) as they are pretty much there where as Man City still have a bit of work to do (like Poole)

Thats how odds are worked out. 

Trust me if it’s Lynn v Poole they will be similar in odds for the final it’s just at the moment one team is a near certainty to be in the final the other is likely to but not certain 

Or do you think it will be 8/15 and 9/4 in the final lol 

Edited by Gavan

Considering our last two results away st Poole and Somerset I’m surprised at our odds. However I don’t expect anything the bookies say to affect our riders, but being in the final if we get there might. Not many of our riders have been there before.

Let’s not forget to factor in the experience of messrs Ford and M’Ditch.  They have been there and done it so many times before. Put that up against an inexperienced Manager in Allit. 

For me, it will be a major shock if Poole don’t take this final with some comfort.

The October green sheets mean that Cook(if fit) takes the 1 above  R/R ride for Bewley instead of Tungate who now can`t take one.

Edited by racers and royals

23 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Considering our last two results away st Poole and Somerset I’m surprised at our odds. However I don’t expect anything the bookies say to affect our riders, but being in the final if we get there might. Not many of our riders have been there before.

Have faith,    I believe we are more than capable of doing the business,  whoever we meet in the final....     I'm sure Dale Allitt ,      sorry Dale Ali.   will get the riders dialled in and ride like their lives depend on it....    This year   is OUR time...….:t:

Edited by g13webb

Let’s not also forget the massive support that Poole enjoy which will have a lifting effect on thier riders.

i don’t think Lynn should under estimate the job ahead

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Probably because they have one very big foot in the final. Can they cope, I bloody hope so, but who knows.

I wouldn't put my money on them at those odds.... I see Poole getting past the Rebels in the 2nd leg and it will be a Lynn v Poole final. I'm not bigging Poole up for a reaction either, remember I was offering a £100 bet on Poole making the play offs when they were bottom ;)

As much as I hate to say it,  Over 2 legs I would make Poole favourites. I think you would if you were honest.

I will be happy to take all the flack I might get if i'm wrong :blink:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 7:56 PM, stevebrum said:

14 point home win. 

I would agree with that

Edited by bellevueace

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Probably because they have one very big foot in the final. Can they cope, I bloody hope so, but who knows.

I wouldn't put my money on them at those odds.... I see Poole getting past the Rebels in the 2nd leg and it will be a Lynn v Poole final. I'm not bigging Poole up for a reaction either, remember I was offering a £100 bet on Poole making the play offs when they were bottom ;)

As much as I hate to say it,  Over 2 legs I would make Poole favourites. I think you would if you were honest.

I will be happy to take all the flack I might get if i'm wrong :blink:

Correct they are pretty much guaranteed to be in the final hence the short odds. 

Irrelevant of who their opponents are those odds will drift as soon as both teams are known.

Bookmakers work to a percentage overound so at the moment 3 teams (barring an amazing Belle Vue comeback) can win the league.

One is those is in the final pretty much so they are always going to be much shorter than the other 2.

Its basic odds compiling.

If Poole would have won by 8.....and Belle Vue v Lynn was closer say a 6 point Belle Vue win , then Poole would be long odds on favourites.

If it’s Kings Lynn v Poole final then it will be Kings Lynn as slight favourites but only just 

3 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Correct they are pretty much guaranteed to be in the final hence the short odds. 

Irrelevant of who their opponents are those odds will drift as soon as both teams are known.

Bookmakers work to a percentage overound so at the moment 3 teams (barring an amazing Belle Vue comeback) can win the league.

One is those is in the final pretty much so they are always going to be much shorter than the other 2.

Its basic odds compiling.

If Poole would have won by 8.....and Belle Vue v Lynn was closer say a 6 point Belle Vue win , then Poole would be long odds on favourites.

If it’s Kings Lynn v Poole final then it will be Kings Lynn as slight favourites but only just 

Yep. But not in my book ;)

12 hours ago, g13webb said:

Have faith,    I believe we are more than capable of doing the business,  whoever we meet in the final....     I'm sure Dale Allitt ,      sorry Dale Ali.   will get the riders dialled in and ride like their lives depend on it....    This year   is OUR time...….:t:

I SO much want to believe in that dream too! But the realist in me says that in a Stars V Pirates final the Pirates would edge it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You're such a 'poundland mourinho' with your attempts at mindgames LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pointsmeanplayoffs said:

You're such a 'poundland mourinho' with your attempts at mindgames LOL

Just saying it as it is. Kings Lynn finished top so the pressure is all on them. No mind games needed. If Poole make the final against all the odds (bottom in July) they will have done a remarkable job. 

In doing so Pirates will have “the peoples vote” as the team to support.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Haha 4

I think considering the team they started the season with and how much stronger it was than all the others then getting to the final is the very minimum expectation for Poole fans and the speedway community in general.

On the other hand Lynn were predicted to finish bottom so should feel under no pressure. Anything now is a bonus.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1