British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cyclone

Edinburgh vs Workington KO Cup Semi, 1st leg, 28th September 2018, 7.30pm

Teams as per Official Edinburgh Website:-

STAGGS BAR MONARCHS: Ricky Wells, Victor Palovaara, Josh Pickering, Richie Worrall, Erik Riss (captain), William Lawson, James Sarjeant (Guest).

WORKINGTON THOMAS ARMSTRONG COMETS: Nicolai Klindt, Rasmus Jensen, Kevin Doolan (Guest), Rene Bach, Ty Proctor, Kyle Bickley, Mason Campton.

Apparently this weekend will be last time that the Comets will be able to use a guest for the unlucky Dan Bewley, as the Green Sheets for October will move him down to fourth in their averages.

Since the teams last met at the Dale the Monarchs are weakened at reserve by the loss of Joel Andersson who had been scoring heavily at home prior to his injury.

How this match will go is anybody's guess, as Worky won 46 - 44 in the Shield and  were then thrashed 65 - 25 in the League at the end of August, but Monarchs were well beaten in their last home match by Berwick.

Weather forecasts for both home & away legs are good at the moment. 

IMO a very poor guest in Kevin donow't come on prove me wrong keV !!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cyclone said:

Teams as per Official Edinburgh Website:-

STAGGS BAR MONARCHS: Ricky Wells, Victor Palovaara, Josh Pickering, Richie Worrall, Erik Riss (captain), William Lawson, James Sarjeant (Guest).

WORKINGTON THOMAS ARMSTRONG COMETS: Nicolai Klindt, Rasmus Jensen, Kevin Doolan (Guest), Rene Bach, Ty Proctor, Kyle Bickley, Mason Campton.

Apparently this weekend will be last time that the Comets will be able to use a guest for the unlucky Dan Bewley, as the Green Sheets for October will move him down to fourth in their averages.

Since the teams last met at the Dale the Monarchs are weakened at reserve by the loss of Joel Andersson who had been scoring heavily at home prior to his injury.

How this match will go is anybody's guess, as Worky won 46 - 44 in the Shield and  were then thrashed 65 - 25 in the League at the end of August, but Monarchs were well beaten in their last home match by Berwick.

Weather forecasts for both home & away legs are good at the moment. 

Didn't think I would heading to Edinburgh again this season :cry: not my favorite place :D

This will all depend on the track prepared I think, I don't think Edinburgh will let themselves get caught out again like they did against Berwick the other week. We can expect a bumpy ride !!

Anything can better than we were there last time ,but the home advantage Edinburgh hold , I reckon will take them through in the end  

34 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

Didn't think I would heading to Edinburgh again this season :cry: not my favorite place :D

This will all depend on the track prepared I think, I don't think Edinburgh will let themselves get caught out again like they did against Berwick the other week.

We can expect a bumpy ride !!

The Edinburgh track staff did a superb job of rescuing the track before the Berwick match after heavy rain virtually all day and a 40-minute delay to let them relay the surface once the rain went off.  

They deserve every plaudit for their efforts, and in fact there were some pretty good races when the match got going.      They didn't "let themselves get caught out" and all that happened was the Bandits were making superb starts early doors.     Nowt to do with the track.

As for various Worky people here suggesting Kevin Doolan is a poor choice of guest, he seemed OK in that one -- paid ten from four, I think. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

One thing that's got to change from the last time we were there if the comets want any chance of a decent result is we need to gate.we were dead and buried by turn two last time.

1 hour ago, Taylorj said:

This will all depend on the track prepared I think, I don't think Edinburgh will let themselves get caught out again like they did against Berwick the other week. We can expect a bumpy ride !!

Anything can better than we were there last time ,but the home advantage Edinburgh hold , I reckon will take them through in the end  

We look forward to seeing you arrive on your broomstick:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, cyclone said:

We look forward to seeing you arrive on your broomstick:D

I really don't know where people get that idea :D:wink:

2 hours ago, Taylorj said:

I really don't know where people get that idea :D:wink:

me neither , we all know you travel in a suitcase . you are very flexible .  lol.

• Haha 1

With no bad weather forecast this weekend the Armadale track should have no issues , can’t really see the Comets getting near the Monarchs on Friday night my prediction 54-36.:)

Hopefully this match will help with Workingtons inability to arrange matches as they will be totally humped and knocked out. Help I've just realised what I've said 

Edited by SharpenRake
  • Haha 1

Can't believe I am saying this but good luck Monarchs at least with Monarch fans we (weegies) get the usual banter, so hopefully Monarchs hump the Comets, as their fans come across as envious moaners who play the victim role. The Comets team have done very well this year and deservedly so , but certain fans seem to think that other teams should jump to their demands because they have a problem fitting their fixtures in after not having any during the long hot summer.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2