British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cyclone

Edinburgh vs Workington KO Cup Semi, 1st leg, 28th September 2018, 7.30pm

2 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Looks though mr klindt was using doolans push bike !

A lot of riders just wanted to leave the meeting in the Van they came in and in one piece.( this is not a critisisum of the track,just the riders mentallity) 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

A lot of riders just wanted to leave the meeting in the Van they came in and in one piece.( this is not a critisisum of the track,just the riders mentallity) 

I know i am a clever so.and so but i have visited every track in the uk, the riders ride in 3 or more.countrys these days  and although i have never ridden a speedway bike in anger its a pretty basic thing turn left at end of the straight, so i.dont agree.with this talk edinburgh is a trick track its the same concept as everyother in the world ! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, geoff100 said:

I know i am a clever so.and so but i have visited every track in the uk, the riders ride in 3 or more.countrys these days  and although i have never ridden a speedway bike in anger its a pretty basic thing turn left at end of the straight, so i.dont agree.with this talk edinburgh is a trick track its the same concept as everyother in the world ! 

There is nothing wrong with the Edinburgh track regarding shape or size,just takes abit of skill to master it.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Midget said:

Workington just gifted the monarchs this tie.....

What an absolute awful choice of guest in Kevin Doolan. Was going to make the trip up but after watching his efforts guesting for us at Newcastle the other week I'm now going to stay at home

Will put up the same argument as at Newcastle.

Kev beat 4 Edinburgh riders and 3 Workington riders beat 1 Edinburgh rider between them.

Well done Kevin kept a few of the why have we got him guesting brigade quiet.

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

come on geoff. you should know by now you have to turn right at the the end of the straight . tick tock .  tick tock .   tick tock ...........    too late ,  thinking time is over . you crashed and failed the basics .

Good performance last night from the boys, all about building up a big lead and we done that. Thanks to James Sarjeant for guesting last night done a very good job and rode well.

• Like 2

This kind of performance gives credence to the necessity of having fixed dates for Cup rounds? If these meetings were during the season of the hot weather and not crammed into a few cold nights at the end of it this result would have been far different? 

More evenly spread fixtures, less pressure on everyone really and a lot more effort put into them?

As soon as I saw this result it just stood out like a sore thumb, too many fixtures, not enough time, kick it into the long grass, job's a good un.....or bad un depending on your point of view, disappointed with it all the same, I was expecting better? :(

• Like 1

On 9/27/2018 at 5:59 PM, dorothy58 said:

Can't believe I am saying this but good luck Monarchs at least with Monarch fans we (weegies) get the usual banter, so hopefully Monarchs hump the Comets, as their fans come across as envious moaners who play the victim role. The Comets team have done very well this year and deservedly so , but certain fans seem to think that other teams should jump to their demands because they have a problem fitting their fixtures in after not having any during the long hot summer.

Honestly

No really.... HONESTLY!!!! Jesus I can't honestly believe what I am reading at times, after relentlessly slagging off the Monarchs for the last 4 or so years you come up with this, (oh no hang on you only believe in light hearted banter, that's right, every one else is bitter and twisted, honestly) the only club that thinks others should jump to their demands are Glasgow, closely followed by two others (who shall remain nameless) one very sad lady with very red and white spectacles. Hang on stop the bus "Bitter Drive" my stop

Finally  I "Can't believe" you are saying this either but then again I can't believe its not butter, or can I 

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling,
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/28/2018 at 9:14 PM, MANSE said:

Looks like your wish is about to be granted [ also received a text from a friend they saw a witch on a broomstick flying out the stadium ]

On 9/28/2018 at 9:35 PM, WorkyWorky said:

I know a certain witch who would LOVE to meet you MANSE :rofl:

On 9/28/2018 at 9:39 PM, shazza13 said:

Best be very careful that witch has a lot of friends with broomsticks too!

On 9/28/2018 at 9:46 PM, Taylorj said:

Ohh you silly little men ..you obviously don’t know me ..it’s water off a ducks back reading your posts :D My broomstick is a designer one, only the best for me , I’ll be on it 2 weeks tonight flying into Glasgow .. I don’t hide behind my avatar unlike you lot so feel free to say hello anytime  :icon_smile_clown: 

On 9/28/2018 at 9:48 PM, SharpenRake said:

Hello anytime :t:

On 9/28/2018 at 9:49 PM, Gazc said:

Obviously :rolleyes:

On 9/28/2018 at 9:51 PM, Taylorj said:

:t: no problem , I’ll park the broomstick and head over to the back straight , you will see me ill be the green one with a blue and white horn :wink:

On 9/28/2018 at 9:55 PM, SharpenRake said:

I blame Sellafield :P

On 9/28/2018 at 9:58 PM, Taylorj said:

Can’t blame that I don’t live near there :blink: 

On 9/28/2018 at 9:59 PM, shazza13 said:

Maybe you should do some research 1st before spouting off about Sellafield... some people :rolleyes:

I blame Hadrian for not building that wall bigger..

I think trump might have the right idea!

Manse Honestly

Like the "Evil Dead" you have opened the book now

Its getting close to "all Hallows Eve" and you are stirring up a hornets nest with these ladies my friend

Take care and tread careful or before you know it one of them will have your "Liggy Bag" off and using it as a coin purse!!!

Regards
THJ

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

No really.... HONESTLY!!!! Jesus I can't honestly believe what I am reading at times, after relentlessly slagging off the Monarchs for the last 4 or so years you come up with this, (oh no hang on you only believe in light hearted banter, that's right, every one else is bitter and twisted, honestly) the only club that thinks others should jump to their demands are Glasgow, closely followed by two others (who shall remain nameless) one very sad lady with very red and white spectacles. Hang on stop the bus "Bitter Drive" my stop

Finally  I "Can't believe" you are saying this either but then again I can't believe its not butter, or can I 

Regards
THJ

You come across as an obnoxious bitter nob, away and spill your bile somewhere else

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, dorothy58 said:

You come across as an obnoxious bitter nob, away and spill your bile somewhere else

Maybe he’s just envious and playing the victim eh wee dot!!! Who what who said that??!! :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, WorkyWorky said:

Maybe he’s just envious and playing the victim eh wee dot!!! Who what who said that??!! :rofl:

Hmm obviously someone who knows me, interesting , seriously we all get upset at times and spout off, doesnt make us bad people,  just passionate about our teams, i just got annoyed at him calling me a sad lady , which I am not, I did congratulate the comets on their achievement and have congratulated the enemy ( monarchs) in the past , credit where credit is due

• Like 1

18 hours ago, dorothy58 said:

17 hours ago, dorothy58 said:

Hmm obviously someone who knows me, interesting , seriously we all get upset at times and spout off, doesnt make us bad people,  just passionate about our teams, i just got annoyed at him calling me a sad lady , which I am not, I did congratulate the comets on their achievement and have congratulated the enemy ( monarchs) in the past , credit where credit is due

Honestly Dorothy do you kiss your mother with that potty mouth "an obnoxious bitter nob, away and spill your bile somewhere else"

Dirty Girl

First off don't come over as "Little Miss Innocent" please!!!

Furthermore do you not spell Knob with a K up there in Jock-a-nory land. As the nob as you have written above is described in the  English dictionary as "a person of wealth or high social position" which I'm sure this is not the context you will be referring to in my case. So if you are going to be derisory please use the correct word, unless you know me and you are aware that I am "a person of wealth and high social position" then thank you very much I accept that compliment with great humility

Now we have read your posts over the last 4 years and whilst your patriotism to your club can be commended you do come across as pretty obnoxious your good self but I will let others be the judge of that, especially Monarchs fans, if they ever do a female version of Shallow Hal you will be a shoe-in for the role love honest. You even had a go commenting on the updates website on Friday night cheering on James Sarjeant hoping he'd "sock it to the comets fans booing him"  Lovely Lass, I bet when you fart you blame the dog.

So handing out back handed compliments is really quite disingenuous isn't it, where you state "I did congratulate the comets on their achievement and have congratulated the enemy ( monarchs) in the past , credit where credit is due" must have come through gritted teeth and clenched buttocks. So really you need to keep your pathetic comments to yourself if you can't say something constructive or criticise without the dig in the ribs don't cry foul when people respond and especially if they respond in what you consider a negative manner.

I know one thing you would never make a battery as I doubt if you have a positive side to your good self

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling,
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

jeeszzw.. this would sell more tickets for a cage fight than Conner McGregor !  

but its a cold night and it is decent reading .

just bought a new coat so i can watch the mighty comets on cold nights in their quest for glory . pity it wont be against the monarchs . 

question , how do you throw away a huge lead like the monarchs did ?

easy , just invite workington up for a two legged tie . :t:

• Like 1