British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
teaboy279

Mildenhall vs Kent Play Off semi final leg 1

As I Kent fan I am faced with a totally crazy situation. The rider who rode at #1 For us on Monday, is riding at #1 against us Friday. And the rider who rode at number 1 against us Monday is riding #1 For us on Friday.

Is it any wonder when we bring new faces into the sport, that they quite like the racing but cannot grasp what the hell is going on. And stop coming as quickly as they started.

Edited by teaboy279
Bloody predictive text

19 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

As I Kent fan I am faced with a totally crazy situation. The rider who rode at #1 For us on Monday, is riding at #1 against us Friday. And the rider who rode at number 1 against us Monday is riding #1 For us on Friday.

Is it any wonder when we bring new faces into the sport, that they quite like the racing but cannot grasp what the hell is going on. And stop coming as quickly as they started.

Certainly not an ideal situation, add in O'Keefe "stepping down" and Couzins stepping in plus potentially last chance saloon for Hampshire & changing averages could see a much changed Kent side between Friday & Monday.

That of course is if the tie is still viable, Mildenhall have been smart getting the home fixture first as a thrashing on Friday could see a low crowd at Kent on Monday although fingers crossed the Kings can keep it within 10 and have something to go for in the 2nd leg.

I believe we can pull off a couple of massive "shocks" this weekend if all the boys are firing and have their trapping gloves on.

Have not been to an evening meeting at Mildenhall for some years and certainly not since the new floodlights have been there, looking forward to my fish and chips under the lights.

Edited by teaboy279

3 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

If only there was a decent answer to the need for guest riders.  A greatly criticised system, but in a sport where serious injury is the norm ( unlike ANY other sport)

I cannot fathom an alternative.  The rules are designed, I think, to keep teams on an even keel if injuries hit, and the guest system more or less does that. It's a shame

that now and again, as is the case of Morley/Woods on Friday night, it all looks a bit crazy.  But it does not mean the system is wrong.  

On 9/27/2018 at 9:08 AM, teaboy279 said:

I believe we can pull off a couple of massive "shocks" this weekend if all the boys are firing and have their trapping gloves on.

Have not been to an evening meeting at Mildenhall for some years and certainly not since the new floodlights have been there, looking forward to my fish and chips under the lights.

I can certainly see potential for one big performance from a King but its going to need every rider to deliver a bit more to tumble the Tigers. Keep it close and set up a thriller on Monday would be amazing though. 

An evening meeting may bring new challenges with track prep so hopefully that doesn't affect play too much however the Mildenhall fish and chips are to be enjoyed under any form of illumination.

36 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I can certainly see potential for one big performance from a King but its going to need every rider to deliver a bit more to tumble the Tigers. Keep it close and set up a thriller on Monday would be amazing though. 

An evening meeting may bring new challenges with track prep so hopefully that doesn't affect play too much however the Mildenhall fish and chips are to be enjoyed under any form of illumination.

Too bloody right they are!!!

Exactly, the kent forum warrior didn't think before he posted last night, sorry for Georgie and a bit sick for eastie too

22 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Yes,very close.:D

Not even a thread for tonight's match largely shows the level of interest? There are a few mini battles to be had like can Spooner better the travelling reserves, How will Rowe & Edwards fare? But otherwise the interest will be in how dominant are the away side and how long can Kent prevent the inevitable? Should be official by heat 4/5 so will be the updates only for me tonight.

Yeah, after the event of the last few weeks, my speedway love has gone, so I am sat the other end of the updates tonight. 

In the last week or so, I've done about 2 weeks wages following my team. The way I feel today I won't ever be doing that again.

Don't know what has been worse, the attitude of some riders and fans, or the insistence from others that their conduct has been acceptable.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, teaboy279 said:

Yeah, after the event of the last few weeks, my speedway love has gone, so I am sat the other end of the updates tonight. 

In the last week or so, I've done about 2 weeks wages following my team. The way I feel today I won't ever be doing that again.

Don't know what has been worse, the attitude of some riders and fans, or the insistence from others that their conduct has been acceptable.

expand more teaboy please ?

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie

The brawl at Arlington, really took the jam out my doughnut.and all the BS arguments on social media.

On 27 September 2018 at 11:29 AM, East End Fan said:

If only there was a decent answer to the need for guest riders.  A greatly criticised system, but in a sport where serious injury is the norm ( unlike ANY other sport)

I cannot fathom an alternative.  The rules are designed, I think, to keep teams on an even keel if injuries hit, and the guest system more or less does that. It's a shame

that now and again, as is the case of Morley/Woods on Friday night, it all looks a bit crazy.  But it does not mean the system is wrong.  

Apart from the fact that it prevents the Sport ever being taken seriously by the wider mainstream media outlets, denying it the clearly so desperately needed oxygen of publicity..?

A decent answer to guests? 

Should we give Poland and Sweden a ring to find out...?