British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
teaboy279

Mildenhall vs Kent Play Off semi final leg 1

16 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

Squad systems - simple 

Can only see squads working at the present time IF the points limit is set very low. As that way there will be plenty of riders who risk being left out. Would reduce the amount riders spend out each season as why would anybody invest in new kit without the guarantee of X meetings a year? Could work or could force a load of retirements from those waiting on the sidelines getting rusty?

6 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

The brawl at Arlington, really took the jam out my doughnut.and all the BS arguments on social media.

What? Over what? Absolutely crazy at speedway :nono:

Lovely to read Len Silver's comments about Mildenhall on the BSPA website. No bitterness, just respect.  Need more of this. 

Don't think anyone in their right mind could say Mildenhall don't deserve to sweep the board. In my opinion the best National League side ever, and built the right way, with every rider improving.

On 10/2/2018 at 9:18 AM, TurnTwo said:

Squad systems - simple 

How many riders would be needed to run squad systems ?  There is already a shortage of riders, so I don't see how squads could operate...unless

you allowed a lot more foreign riders in.  After Brexit, will that be permissable ?   Mention of Poland and Sweden by Mikebv.  Lots more riders in Poland

and lots more money to pay for them. Sweden I don't know, but they run far less Speedway than we do and can call on the whole of Europe if need be

Such expensive luxuries make it far more difficult for British clubs.