British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Edinburgh 29/09 7:00pm koc 2nd leg

First 7 heats have all been won by a different Workington rider, clawed back 16 points after 7 heats

• Like 2

Deary me - vino collapso - but without the vino. 

Be time to pack up soon unless all the fingers get pulled out. 

Never liked speedway in October anyway! 

• Haha 1

On the Monarchs updates it says Automatically refreshing it should read depressing

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Deserve to have our season end after that.  All credit to worky, chalk and cheese compared to last night.  Hope they get some rewards for their efforts this season.  

• Like 3

Reminds me of a meeting back in the day when we lost 49-29 at Newport on a Friday and won 51-27 the next day. I think that's right

Well well well - who'd have thunk it!!

Seems Derwent Park must be the biggest 'trick track' of them all ;)

Great result for Worky

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Extraordinary. Just extraordinary. Delighted for the team but have to offer commiserations to Monarchs fans as that result must be awfully hard to take. Can't imagine how I'd feel in similar circumstances.

7 hours ago, GMM said:

Well a number 1 scoring 1 point is not on anywhere.

Very very poor result and tonight will be a poor crowd because of it.

Semi Final for God's sake show some passion 

Looks like they did tonight. Well done to the Comets.

Edited by stewmac
  • Like 1

Just now, Fourentee said:

Extraordinary. Just extraordinary. Delighted for the team but have to offer commiserations to Monarchs fans as that result must be awfully hard to take. Can't imagine how I'd feel in similar circumstances.

Reign it in, they would wallow in rubbing your nose right in it if it was the other way round. 

They shot themselves in the foot, literally, with Joel Andersson being injured as he was really starting to turn it on at reserve.

8 minutes ago, Fourentee said:

Precious little sympathy last night for worky,plenty of ridicule though, but every dog itas it's day and hopefully ours is coming 

• Like 1