British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Edinburgh 29/09 7:00pm koc 2nd leg

Wow what a meeting....just catching my breath!!

Comets fully redeemed themselves for last night and more. Thankfully with a few newbies in and a lot of monarchs fans there to witness. It had everything, controversy, a last heat decider, and even Tony Mole in attendance! 

Every single rider rode their heart out and reminded us why we’re proud to be comets fans. They pulled together, and brought such a good spirit that we haven’t had for years to an exciting meeting. Kyle Bickley getting better with every meeting, wants to hold his head high tonight as a very valued part of this team. 

Hey maybe they were spurred on by a few rival comments, they sure socked it to them. ;)

Onwards to the final and the playoffs, anything is possible when #webelieve :party:

• Like 5

7 hours ago, singy13 said:

My half full glass has suddenly developed a crack in it.....

Mended now......thanks for that Comets......brilliant to watch.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WorkyWorky said:

Wow what a meeting....just catching my breath!!

Comets fully redeemed themselves for last night and more. Thankfully with a few newbies in and a lot of monarchs fans there to witness. It had everything, controversy, a last heat decider, and even Tony Mole in attendance! 

Every single rider rode their heart out and reminded us why we’re proud to be comets fans. They pulled together, and brought such a good spirit that we haven’t had for years to an exciting meeting. Kyle Bickley getting better with every meeting, wants to hold his head high tonight as a very valued part of this team. 

Hey maybe they were spurred on by a few rival comments, they sure socked it to them. ;)

Onwards to the final and the playoffs, anything is possible when #webelieve :party:

It reminded me of a similar finish versus Newcastle when we needed a 5-1 to win and Stoney and Brent Werner rode four brilliant laps with a packed grandstand raising the roof....wish we could see the stand as full again...this team deserve it...

Edited by singy13
  • Like 2

Never been more pleased to be proved wrong? :oops:

Body language said everything tonight, determination was evident right from the off that this was doable and the longer it went the more likely it looked!! :)

Rather glad that ITV/BBC only had s**te on tonight otherwise I really would have saved my £18.50, best last five minutes decision I've made this season, wudda kicked myself if I'd missed that? :D

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Lord Lucan said:

Never been more pleased to be proved wrong? :oops:

Body language said everything tonight, determination was evident right from the off that this was doable and the longer it went the more likely it looked!! :)

Rather glad that ITV/BBC only had s**te on tonight otherwise I really would have saved my £18.50, best last five minutes decision I've made this season, wudda kicked myself if I'd missed that? :D

Just need a win at Donny tomorrow for almost perfect weekend ha.

• Like 2

It's doable Singy, it's doable!! :t:

• Haha 1

Just keep the new found faith and it'll be alright tomorrow!! :D

Wow what a meeting.just hope the comets fans that decided to not support there team tonight and give it a miss after the 1st leg defeat don't hurt themselves too much from kicking themselves.two finals and hopefully a third to look forward to.this really is turning into one amazing season for everyone connected with the comets.

• Like 2

that's the thing in speedway 

you never know what your gonna miss 

its the ones you think are gonna be poor that can turn out to be the best 

if that meeting was on tv it would have been a belter for all the armchair supporters 

1 minute ago, scaramanga said:

that's the thing in speedway 

you never know what your gonna miss 

its the ones you think are gonna be poor that can turn out to be the best 

if that meeting was on tv it would have been a belter for all the armchair supporters 

Was there a decent crowd?

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Was there a decent crowd?

Not really , probably slightly more tha the last few weeks .

Congratulations to The Comets.

Just goes to show never ever write off your team.

It is very nearly 8 years to the day the last time Edinburgh folded in the 2nd leg of a Semi Final. 

• Like 4