British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Edinburgh 29/09 7:00pm koc 2nd leg

Well done Comets , that was some comeback, shame that it has been difficult to get all your fixtures in , as you are the best team in the league this year and should come away with some silverware by the end of the season, I do hope that we can spoil your Party by puting you out of play offs , but that is subject to my team stepping up, which is unpredictable,  if the comets put us Tigers out , then I hope you go on and win the treble, you deserve it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Midget said:

Wow what a meeting, from 1 to 7 a massive effort. 

Man of the meeting for me though was kyle Bickley, boy has the kid come on this past couple of month, a massive star of the future. I just hope the rumour I'm hearing of a move to Glasgow next season are not true, I think a move up there would be anything but good for his development giving the pressure and expectation that the tigers promotion up there put on riders. 

Can't see Kyle leaving his hometown club as early as 1 season. He's progressed more for Workington rather than Belle Vue this season - most likely because this is his real home and not to mention he tends to get overshadowed by Dan Bewley (No disrespect, it has given Kyle something to work for in a way). If he does go to Glasgow, I can only see it being if they are either in a different league to Workington or if Workington cease to run next season (Hoping the latter is untrue)

• Like 1

Wow still buzzing from last night. Like most everyone else i didn't think it the least bit probable that we would overturn a 28 point deficit against a team that have ran us close at home on a couple of occasions this season. I Left Armadale friday thoroughly dejected and hugely disappointed in the nature of our defeat but i take my hat off to the whole team because they were brilliant to a man last night. 

Young Kyle had a big night and is clearly developing a racing edge . Was obviously detetmined to do his bit for the team and he did, his points made it possible. Well done Kyle.

It was a brilliant night for the Comets fans. For those that decided Strictly Come Dancing was a better option well, you missed something special because it was one of those 'i was there nights'. You should have been there supporting the Club !.

We needed a good start and we got one. The lads kept chipping away at the deficit to the point when we all started to believe it was doable at which point the seeds of doubt must have been flowing through the Monarchs side of the pits. The tension  became palpable as it must have been for the Monarchs fans who probably still didn't believe there side wouldn't eventually get across the line. They must have gone away feeling like we did friday - absolutely gutted.

I was so pleased for everyone concerned especially Jacko who is an unsung hero and Laura, she must have really enjoyed the performance and result.

Because of the circumstances it must go down as one of the most memorable nights ever for fans of the mighty Comets. Hugely entertaining, intriguing, at times controversial and for Comets fans ultimately hugely rewarding. What more could you want for sixteen quid. Just Brilliant.

Thanks to Jake Allen who seems a really grounded level headed young man who could potentially go a long way in the sport.

Also thanks to the Monarchs fans that made the trip and helped boost the gate.

Thanks to Hoggy who was once again brilliant on the mic.

Up the Comets !!!

Edited by SteelShoe
  • Like 7

I am still buzzing too!!

Cannot believe we actually pulled that score back from Friday night, well done to all the riders, mechanics and staff.

Good move in hindsight to put two good gaters out in heat 15, as much as Richie Worrall tried he could not pass Nicolai and Ty.:)

The two Monarchs fans standing near us were totally dejected when Ricky Wells was rightly excluded from ht 15 but fair play to the Monarchs fans who travelled down to Derwent Park when many thought it was a forgone conclusion that their team would win on aggregate, me included.

• Like 4

Wasnt there stuck.at work could not believe the score when i saw it on the updates, was ricky facing the wrong way gardening? No one has mentioned it yet esp mr hunter whos report is very honest for once but where was the ref from??. Someone is bound to question that !

5 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Wasnt there stuck.at work could not believe the score when i saw it on the updates, was ricky facing the wrong way gardening? No one has mentioned it yet esp mr hunter whos report is very honest for once but where was the ref from??. Someone is bound to question that !

Who was the Ref?

a well known local ,

just like to add that if you are facing the wrong way after the 2 mins has expired, then you are deemed as not ready for racing and was rightly excluded while spinning his rear wheel and preparing his gate. 

Edited by jenga
  • Like 3

Miracles do happen did not think that was possible well done the Comets,as I have mentioned earlier after all the carry on about Friday race nights would be great to stick 2 fingers up at someone hope you get the treble.

• Like 7

it was a good night to be a comets fan 

wells was officaly announced as excluded for delaying start 

but really should have been for preparing gate after his start line 

as already said facing wrong way spinning wheel to through dirt in front of the tapes is not allowed  

if ever a team needs fans to support them then this is the team 

I just wish I had the money to back them 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

it was a good night to be a comets fan 

wells was officaly announced as excluded for delaying start 

but really should have been for preparing gate after his start line 

as already said facing wrong way spinning wheel to through dirt in front of the tapes is not allowed  

if ever a team needs fans to support them then this is the team 

I just wish I had the money to back them 

Yeah a lottery win would be nice .

58 minutes ago, jenga said:

a well known local ,

just like to add that if you are facing the wrong way after the 2 mins has expired, then you are deemed as not ready for racing and was rightly excluded while spinning his rear wheel and preparing his gate. 

Agree,but I think Centre Green clock should be made compulsory at all tracks and riders ready to race rule  before time up should be introduced.A lot of refs flash the green lights as a warning but not all do it ,which is an anomaly .

• Like 2

What an incredible result . Has to be one of the greatest comebacks in cup speedway history , i'm sure even the most ardent Comets fan didnt expect to pull back a 28 point deficit against one of the strongest sides in the league.

Well done Workington 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Who was the Ref?

Was said very much tongue in cheek,  stuart like all ref,s is non biased towards any riders or teams and the rule is clear no facing non racing line to garden, but what i would have gave to see mr cambells and mr hunters faces when the exclusion light came on .even the old dears on the bus after i explained the rule to them last night said it was the right call!!

11 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Agree,but I think Centre Green clock should be made compulsory at all tracks and riders ready to race rule  before time up should be introduced.A lot of refs flash the green lights as a warning but not all do it ,which is an anomaly .

they count down 2mins  1 min 30 secs 

that's the warnings 

but I do agree about the clock as many many refs allow extra time for some riders at times 

but he was exclueded for delaying start not 2mins 

his actions were not allowed facing wrong way preparing track is not allowed 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

i honestly think that the orange FLASHING light ( 2 mins ) is enough and has served its purpose very well over the many years in speedway .

maybe if ricky was facing the correct way , he may have seen that the 2 min light was out and he was still not ready for racing. 

even with a clock on the centre green , he was still facing away from it. so he would not have been able to see it .

but a seasoned pro should be aware of time limits by now . 

ricky wells 0 stewie wilson 1 .  game over .LOL.

looks like thr Edinburgh fans have gone to ground .

watched EM tv  last night . tweedle dum and tweedl dee were full of themselves saying that they were in the final , no problem .

think again babies . we are in , youre not .

looking forward to seeing the final EM TV broadcast . 

Edited by jenga
  • Like 2