British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Edinburgh 29/09 7:00pm koc 2nd leg

1 hour ago, jenga said:

i honestly think that the orange FLASHING light ( 2 mins ) is enough and has served its purpose very well over the many years in speedway .

maybe if ricky was facing the correct way , he may have seen that the 2 min light was out and he was still not ready for racing. 

even with a clock on the centre green , he was still facing away from it. so he would not have been able to see it .

but a seasoned pro should be aware of time limits by now . 

ricky wells 0 stewie wilson 1 .  game over .LOL.

looks like thr Edinburgh fans have gone to ground .

watched EM tv  last night . tweedle dum and tweedl dee were full of themselves saying that they were in the final , no problem .

think again babies . we are in , youre not .

looking forward to seeing the final EM TV broadcast . 

Have to agree that riders should be ready to race when the 2 min light goes out.  If not then they are rightly excluded but you need consistent refs who apply the rules all the time.  

Can think of 3 times at Berwick in the league match when riders were not remotely ready to race when the 2 min light went out.

5 hours ago, Midget said:

Wow what a meeting, from 1 to 7 a massive effort. 

Man of the meeting for me though was kyle Bickley, boy has the kid come on this past couple of month, a massive star of the future. I just hope the rumour I'm hearing of a move to Glasgow next season are not true, I think a move up there would be anything but good for his development giving the pressure and expectation that the tigers promotion up there put on riders. 

Unlikely I think we are casting our eyes further south.

• Like 1

Perhaps he would not have turned away if he had seen a clock  counting down,the start marshals have thankless job trying to get the riders to come into line a  clock 

1 hour ago, jenga said:

i honestly think that the orange FLASHING light ( 2 mins ) is enough and has served its purpose very well over the many years in speedway .

maybe if ricky was facing the correct way , he may have seen that the 2 min light was out and he was still not ready for racing. 

even with a clock on the centre green , he was still facing away from it. so he would not have been able to see it .

but a seasoned pro should be aware of time limits by now . 

ricky wells 0 stewie wilson 1 .  game over .LOL.

looks like thr Edinburgh fans have gone to ground .

watched EM tv  last night . tweedle dum and tweedl dee were full of themselves saying that they were in the final , no problem .

think again babies . we are in , youre not .

looking forward to seeing the final EM TV broadcast . 

would solve that problem too.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Who drew your attention south? ;)

• Like 1

Congratulations to the Comets a great fightback, I hope you go on to win the double.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

Congratulations to the Comets a great fightback, I hope you go on to win the double.

Treble will be even better :D:t:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

Perhaps more East than south - Maybe both ;) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shaggy said:

Noel

• Like 1

Funny old game Speedway..... my hubby looked at Friday’s prog on Sat am and declared us the winners BUT I reminded him this was Speedway where anything can and does happen and that Worky could do to us what we did to them...... hmmm

All I can say now is well done the Comets and good luck as you progress

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Shaggy said:

Lets hope the travel puts him off

Home is where the heart is :P

• Like 1

Congratulations to Workington fully deserved, they created a slick and dusty track to suit there own and it worked an absolute treat. No different to us setting up Armadale grippy. I understand we may have been caught out by conditions to start with but that’s no excuse we should’ve been capable of defending such a lead.

Once again we’ve failed to deliver in big meetings some just can’t seem to handle the pressure. 

Best of luck to the comets for the rest of the season. 

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 5