British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Edinburgh 29/09 7:00pm koc 2nd leg

Comets fans were understandably down on Friday night but what a difference a day makes,also very refreshing to read other teams best wishes,I know we give and take a bit of banter but we're all speedway fans at the end of the day,and the unexpected sometimes happens like last night,which is why we love our sport so much, and with worky on the verge of something special,which comes round very seldom, and maybe won't again no-one can begrudge us savouring it

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Lord Lucan said:

It's doable Singy, it's doable!! :t:

And it was done...hooray....Workington -  the sporting capital of the UK.........:)

• Like 1

Couldn't make it last night due to family 'last supper'/taking youngest to uni. today, but what a turn around, I, like probably everyone else did not expect that.

Full marks to the Comets for a performance which must give them confidence for the further challenges that lie ahead.

I must admit the thing that has struck me is how genuine the good wishes seem to have been from seemingly everyone, but particularly from the Monarchs fans who must have been gutted, but who have been so magnanimous in defeat. A big thank you from us Comets and it only goes to prove that whilst the banter does possibly occasionally appear to overstep the mark it is banter and we (the supporters) are part of one speedway family.

• Like 4

message to rene bach .

i for one knew it was possible , we done it against ipswich (sorry baldyman ) a few years ago and we knew you all could do it . keep the faith in the worky supporters and they will support , support the team until the end . we moan , thats what humans do . moan . 

now back to that Peterborough shambles .

Edited by jenga
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Carlislecomet2 said:

Couldn't make it last night due to family 'last supper'/taking youngest to uni. today, but what a turn around, I, like probably everyone else did not expect that.

Full marks to the Comets for a performance which must give them confidence for the further challenges that lie ahead.

I must admit the thing that has struck me is how genuine the good wishes seem to have been from seemingly everyone, but particularly from the Monarchs fans who must have been gutted, but who have been so magnanimous in defeat. A big thank you from us Comets and it only goes to prove that whilst the banter does possibly occasionally appear to overstep the mark it is banter and we (the supporters) are part of one speedway family.

I've never seen so many bodies thrown in the air in celebration as happened last night.....hope no injuries received lol.

Edited by singy13
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jenga said:

message to rene bach .

i for one knew it was possible , we done it against ipswich (sorry baldyman ) a few years ago and we knew you all could do it . keep the faith in the worky supporters and they will support , support the team until the end . we moan , thats what humans do . moan . 

now back to that Peterborough shambles .

Perhaps you can explain you're last sentence please

9 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Perhaps you can explain you're last sentence please

it was just what was said on the updates .. only quoting those words . hope that explains everything for you .

Good report in the 'News and Star'......hopefully it stirs up the interest of former Comets fans.....pity no fixture this weekend keep the momentum going tho.

• Like 1

The meeting has been recorded and will be available from the Track Shop at our next home meeting, anyone wanting toreserve a copy can do so by sending me a pm

57 minutes ago, Liz !!! said:

The meeting has been recorded and will be available from the Track Shop at our next home meeting, anyone wanting toreserve a copy can do so by sending me a pm

i will have one liz!!!.   dont sell it before i get there  . my name is j.r Hartley !  ! !...     i .. get there about 10/15 mins before start/tapes up . so dont sell it . please . how many pound coins do i need to take it off your hands .

6 hours ago, jenga said:

it was just what was said on the updates .. only quoting those words . hope that explains everything for you .

Fine by me,  which shambles are you referring to floodlight failure or a referee who doesn't see animation on the starting grid and thinks if a rider comes from fourth place and finishes a wheel length of the rider in third place then he should still be classed as in fourth place. Shocking refereeing performance although he did thank everybody for there patience whilst waiting for meeting to continue , just a shame he didn't apologise for his dreadful performance and having the patience to put up with him for so long.

as we are all humans , we all get things that dont go according to plan. humans fail in every aspect of sport, weather and dare i say it , BREXIT. well done BORIS , you sold us all a dummy there buddy and now we are going to pay for it !

whats done is done and nothing can change it . except money !  the word shambles was written on the updates site a few times , so only going from that . 

4 hours ago, singy13 said:

Good report in the 'News and Star'......hopefully it stirs up the interest of former Comets fans.....pity no fixture this weekend keep the momentum going tho.

Yes its a shame there is no fixture this week when the spirits are high, hopefully we will have a dry October , can still see a double header with Lakeside though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jenga said:

i will have one liz!!!.   dont sell it before i get there  . my name is j.r Hartley !  ! !...     i .. get there about 10/15 mins before start/tapes up . so dont sell it . please . how many pound coins do i need to take it off your hands .

Ive not been given a price yet but they are usually about £10, we are open until 7pm then after the meeting from about heat 14 for about 45mins, we also have some other away wins on DVD should you be interested

On 9/30/2018 at 7:58 AM, dorothy58 said:

Well done Comets , that was some comeback, shame that it has been difficult to get all your fixtures in , as you are the best team in the league this year and should come away with some silverware by the end of the season, I do hope that we can spoil your Party by puting you out of play offs , but that is subject to my team stepping up, which is unpredictable,  if the comets put us Tigers out , then I hope you go on and win the treble, you deserve it.

Would you like Custard, Cream or Ice Cream with that Humble Pie

You nearly got your wish when Worky got "Humped" up at the Dale

Pity they whizzed on your parade as hearing your contrite comments would have been intriguing to say the least

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
  • Haha 1