British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Edinburgh 29/09 7:00pm koc 2nd leg

The Comets are up against the Monarchs in this semi final koc 2nd leg match at Derwent Park and hopefully still in the tie if we can keep it reasonably close at Armadale.

Jake Allen guests for the injured Dan Bewley.

4 hours ago, topaz325 said:

The Comets are up against the Monarchs in this semi final koc 2nd leg match at Derwent Park and hopefully still in the tie if we can keep it reasonably close at Armadale.

Jake Allen guests for the injured Dan Bewley.

That will be that goosed then, to be fair they are particularly strong at Armadale.

Top guest pick  but every member will need to be on it to win overall after tonites kicking,  Allen to blow the cobwebs out ready for the rebels and pirates clash,nice timing 

Obviously the tie has gone, however so long as our riders are fit and with a good guest in Jake Allen who was excellent at DP recently it should still be an entertaining meeting.

I am not knocking the Armadale track and blaming it for our stuffing tonight, but DP is one of the fairer tracks in the league which generally makes for closer meetings (leaving Newcastle's recent half a..ed attempts aside), and it would be nice to keep the unbeaten run going.

• Like 2

What's wrong with the Edinburgh track, I've never been, but they certainly seem to have lots of home track advantage? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trees said:

What's wrong with the Edinburgh track, I've never been, but they certainly seem to have lots of home track advantage? 

Its small and technical, they have a better home track advantage than Arena Essex / Lakeside

anyone remember the stuffing that Ipswich gave us a few seasons ago . ippo thought all they had to do was turn up and it was game over for us . but as the record shows , we sent them home packing and won on agg . that kind of result will do today . fingers x ed . up the monarchs, oops . i mean cornets .

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, dorothy58 said:

Its small and technical, they have a better home track advantage than Arena Essex / Lakeside

Ahhhh thank you. 

Wouldn't it be nice if the comets promotion give us some type if explanation as to how we folded so badly last night? 

1 hour ago, Trees said:

As Dorothy has said it’s very technical, a mountain to climb for us so whoever they meet in the final won’t beat them on aggregate ...take Lakeside away from the arena and they’ve lost their advantage another small technical track ..As the saying goes it’s not over til the fat lady sings :)

46 minutes ago, Midget said:

Wouldn't it be nice if the comets promotion give us some type if explanation as to how we folded so badly last night? 

Could be down to a number of factors but I think the home team moved up a gear no disgrace losing heavily at Armadale it comes to all teams , it is a really an awkward place to go for visiting teams due to the nature and shape of the track.

I would just put it down to one of those nights and move on the Comets still have plenty to look forward to.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Midget said:

too be honest that's the result weve come to accept up there 

many times we havnt managed 30 points 

for some reason Armadale favours away teams when the track is wet 

more often than not the home team don't like it wet  and ties are much closer 

if anyone needs to explain its the riders 

the promotion don't ride the track 

What ever the track a teams number 1 scoring 0 points from for 4 rides is totally unacceptable 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Midget said:

What ever the track a teams number 1 scoring 0 points from for 4 rides is totally unacceptable 

Yet again the Team Manager allowed this to happen when Campton at reserve could have taken one of his heats, and one of Bickleys as well.

2 hours ago, Midget said:

Did you see the meeting or just the result?

• Like 2