British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gunner85

Robert Lambert

7 minutes ago, foamfence said:

Rybnik, league1.

Do you think that is a higher level than PL? Would progression these days be NL, CL, PL, Poland L1, Poland EL?

I have no idea of the strength of Polish L1 teams

Just now, iainb said:

Do you think that is a higher level than PL? Would progression these days be NL, CL, PL, Poland L1, Poland EL?

I have no idea of the strength of Polish L1 teams

Well the aforementioned R Lambert rides in it.

26 minutes ago, foamfence said:

Well the aforementioned R Lambert rides in it.

So is Poland L1 the same as UK PL? I can't find any details on clubs and riders etc.

Just now, iainb said:

So is Poland L1 the same as UK PL? I can't find any details on clubs and riders etc.

Not much difference. I would say PL slightly stronger. Then Swedish elitsiren. Then Polish top flight.

5 minutes ago, waiheke1 said:

Not much difference. I would say PL slightly stronger. Then Swedish elitsiren. Then Polish top flight.

Lambo rides in the top League in Sweden doesn't he? Be interesting to see if he moves up a league in Poland next year

17 minutes ago, iainb said:

Lambo rides in the top League in Sweden doesn't he? Be interesting to see if he moves up a league in Poland next year

Yep 12th in averages ahead of Dudek Milik Hampel Holder Pawlicki 

4 hours ago, iainb said:

It very much remains to be seen if any of these names progress on to become more than 2nd Division level talent, with the exception of Lambert who does seem to be making great progress. Don't forget we've seen lots of names over the years fail to realise their true potential. Whether that be through lack of ambition or lack of opportunity.

Well done Lambo!

Bewley has already made it in the PL. His actual 2018 average is 7.26 which places him in 13th position in the overall table of 2018 PL averages.

Edited by Aces51

2 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

Bewley has already made it in the PL. His actual 2018 average is 7.26 which places him in 13th position in the overall table of 2018 PL averages.

There lies the problem for British rider's. If fans blow smoke up their backsides and say they've already made it on a less than 8 average they'll never progress.

Bewley is nowhere near "made it."

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

There lies the problem for British rider's. If fans blow smoke up their backsides and say they've already made it on a less than 8 average they'll never progress.

Bewley is nowhere near "made it."

My post was in reply to a post which referred to Dan and others and said,

"It very much remains to be seen if any of these names progress on to become more than 2nd Division level talent" 

My comment refers to the fact that Dan has made it in the sense that he has already progressed beyond the level to be more than 2nd Division talent. You can't argue with that when he has a PL average would make him a second or third heat leader in most teams and a number one at Poole.

Out of interest his Polish league 1 average would place him third, above Lambert who is 7th.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

My post was in reply to a post which referred to Dan and others and said,

"It very much remains to be seen if any of these names progress on to become more than 2nd Division level talent" 

My comment refers to the fact that Dan has made it in the sense that he has already progressed beyond the level to be more than 2nd Division talent. You can't argue with that when he has a PL average would make him a second or third heat leader in most teams and a number one at Poole.

Out of interest his Polish league 1 average would place him third, above Lambert who is 7th.

Totally disagree with you. 

Bewley rode 5 matches compared to Lambert's 18 in Poland. Then you have to consider the matches Bewley rode in.

The 2 meetings v Krakow, no established rider's in the opposition so doesn't give a true reflection of his average. 

His Premiership average isn't much to shout about, saying he'd be No1 at Poole is nonsense. His Premiership average is because of his superb home track. When his Championship average is 6.79, that's not an average of someone who's "made it" in any division. 

Dan Bewley is still a million miles off "made it". A good talent, excellent prospect but not up to standard as yet. Plus we've yet to see how he'll come back from a big bang. Sometimes rider's don't recover from them.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Bewley rode 5 matches compared to Lambert's 18 in Poland. Then you have to consider the matches Bewley rode in.

The 2 meetings v Krakow, no established rider's in the opposition so doesn't give a true reflection of his average. 

His Premiership average isn't much to shout about, saying he'd be No1 at Poole is nonsense. His Premiership average is because of his superb home track. When his Championship average is 6.79, that's not an average of someone who's "made it" in any division. 

Dan Bewley is still a million miles off "made it". A good talent, excellent prospect but not up to standard as yet. Plus we've yet to see how he'll come back from a big bang. Sometimes rider's don't recover from them.

If he was joining Poole under current averages he would be number one, that is fact. It could be argued that the Poole track (which has a very bad reputation) would offer a bigger home advantage than Belle Vue, which is loved by most riders. When you consider Bewley's age and experience, his rise is truly remarkable. Anyway, isn't this supposed to be about Robert Lambert?

4 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

As far as not having made it as a PL rider, which is what I said, not made it as a top PL rider or an international rider, are you seriously saying that a rider with his average of 7.26, not gained just at the NSS, his away average is 6.19, which puts him as having the 19th best away average in the league, has not made it as a PL rider. His home and away averages are better than Try Proctor's but I would say he has made it as a  PL rider. His home and away averages are also about the same as Rohan Tungate's. Has he not made it as aPL rider?  If you want to argue that he has not yet made it as a top rider in the PL you have an argument but to say he has not made it as a PL rider is ridiculous.

You are right to say we need to see how he comes back from injury. Dan is young, he's only been riding for 3 years, he is level headed and I think has the strength of character to come back and carry on where he left off. But that has nothing to do with this discussion, which is about whether he has made it as a rider PL, not what he will be like coming back next year after his injuries.

On 9/29/2018 at 4:22 PM, foamfence said:

It's a World Championship, not a Polish one. Although with four riders and three rounds you might sometimes wonder.

Yes, but you could argue though that, if they are among the best in the World, they should be in it, regardless of how many others from the same country are in it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Yes, but you could argue though that, if they are among the best in the World, they should be in it, regardless of how many others from the same country are in it.

I only watch any sports if there are Brits in them, I think all the major countries would feel the same way, this is why they reserved the right to have wildcards, to spread the representation. I agree that ideally you would have the best sixteen in the world but that'll never be.