British Speedway Forum
concessionscol

berwick bandits 2019

3 hours ago, sparks123 said:

The team is up for sale.

Maybe need a new promoter before we can try and convince Leon to race for the Bandits.

Dennis McCleary will still be a promoter (unless any new owners get rid of him, which, in my opinion would be a mistake) and both Scott & Jamie have said they are attending the AGM, so they haven't handed in their promoters licences just yet, so time still to sign riders

Surprised at this news sure they said that Berwick would be running next year

31 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

In this climate of uncertainty, who would buy a speedway club.

You might be surprised.

True, it is more uncertain this season but in the last few years Belle Vue, Leicester, Glasgow, Berwick, Workington, Sheffield, Peterborough, Isle of Wight, Birmingham & Plymouth have all had new owners.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

You might be surprised.

True, it is more uncertain this season but in the last few years Belle Vue, Leicester, Glasgow, Berwick, Workington, Sheffield, Peterborough, Isle of Wight, Birmingham & Plymouth have all had new owners.

Would you buy one if you had the conkers, i know i wouldn't. It's equivalent to a one way ticket on the Titanic.

Well i guess all the moaners will be happy now that the club is for sale, and they wont have to moan about the quality of racing next season, 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, havenagotahope said:

Believe Edinburgh are on the move as time is short at Armadale, welcome the Berwick Monarchs.

Certainly is the silly season :D

32 minutes ago, yoda said:

Certainly is the silly season :D

Not that silly. Edinburgh have to vacate Armadale by the middle of next year, I've heard.

3 hours ago, havenagotahope said:

Believe Edinburgh are on the move as time is short at Armadale, welcome the Berwick Monarchs.

English Monarchs..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

There`s a number of clubs up for sale at the minute, Poole, Peterborough etc, where there is an air of confidence and positivity about the future. I dont get that with this news, looks like an uncertain winter ahead.

10 hours ago, StevePark said:

both Scott & Jamie have said they are attending the AGM, so they haven't handed in their promoters licences just yet, so time still to sign riders

apparently they still have to attend or they will be fined