British Speedway Forum
concessionscol

berwick bandits 2019

6 hours ago, DSC67 said:

Need to try and find a British rider with a reduction to finish the team off 

You could always ask Dave Howe !!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Schlein got one! And dont you play the ‘he’s British’ card ahahaha it’s in the AGM notes as all riders who progressed through the NL.

But would he meet the rules now and be allowed to return to the 3rd tier if/when his avearge drops?

The rules of entry were tightened a while ago which wouldve ruled out most of those from years back

It should be that criteria that applies

We all know the AGM notes are not detailed enough to be sure of a the meaning of the full regulation

Re Schlein - the same applies. Would he meet the criteria now to return to the 3rd tier (ignoring average restrictions) Thats how I would determine who qualifies

8 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Cornhill roundabout, the best in Cornhill, Colin spends a lot of time there

lol lollol and in the cafemmmmmmmmm tasty

24 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

But would he meet the rules now and be allowed to return to the 3rd tier if/when his avearge drops?

The rules of entry were tightened a while ago which wouldve ruled out most of those from years back

It should be that criteria that applies

We all know the AGM notes are not detailed enough to be sure of a the meaning of the full regulation

Re Schlein - the same applies. Would he meet the criteria now to return to the 3rd tier (ignoring average restrictions) Thats how I would determine who qualifies

The current (2018) rule specifies riders new to the NL so those that qualified previously by patriality wouldn't be new to the league so should qualify. With regard to ambiguity of the AGM PR, it's already come to light that although the NL was specified, it extends back to the CL years as well. No doubt if you asked two promoters the situation, you'd get at least three different answers. It may be sorted out by March 15th, or not...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Most of the teams listed already would give Berwick a good opportunity to be competitive in 2019. I'm perplexed by the now confirmed 38 point limit I do fondly remember the abundance a 45 point limit brought.

Does the 38 point limit really encourage riders to maximise their point scoring over the season?

Top riders at our level were a savoured thought/memory. What even is a top rider in today's PL? Nicholls and Harris have dropped down and achieved an average of eight. Certainly a good way of getting excess meetings.

Bar Britain's big two, British riders participation was pretty minimal in the bigger leagues for 2018.

Also sad to see Scott go thought he did a good job and had found a model that works for Berwick. Being competitive without splashing the cash like Glasgow continue to do.

To conclude 2019 isn't really filling me with huge optimism. Maybe some good signings will change that. But it looks to me like another year of mediocrity and similar press releases to the ones I read, over the last few weeks and come to think of it years. 

Edited by Robinh88
  • Like 2

If the Bandits bring back their three Aussies, they'll compete!       Last season was really impressive, and the team missed the playoffs by a hair.

If they set up a team that wins at home and a Saturday night that entertains people, they could be good for another fifty years.

no news from shelfield park about the new signings mmmmmmm very nice lollol

48 minutes ago, cornhillroundabout said:

no news from shelfield park about the new signings mmmmmmm very nice lollol

No

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

No

bet some one will no the newset up  antd not saying  nowt  trying to get the fans along on sunday night mmmmmmm tasty 

There`s a fans forum a week on Sunday, I`d be amazed if there weren't a signing or two, or three, announced then, maybe sooner.;)

2 hours ago, cornhillroundabout said:

bet some one will no the newset up  antd not saying  nowt  trying to get the fans along on sunday night mmmmmmm tasty 

That’s deep  thinking for you,take a rest.:D

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, cornhillroundabout said:

no news is good news mmmmmmmmm very nice 

That’s more like it,keep it simple:t:

mmmmm cant beat a team signed up by xmas wih wotsleft

fans suffer again buy not getting the team sorted out any body who buys a season ticket for a xmas present  will not buy one till they no the team so no money coming in have some cence and get things sorted out