British Speedway Forum
concessionscol

berwick bandits 2019

46 minutes ago, screm said:

Thats always been the problem for me about season tickets, if you miss a meeting or two your out of pocket. I think I`m right in saying season tickets only covered league meetings, maybe if it covered all Berwick meeting that would entice more customers. Obviously not BSPA shared events or meetings like that but if Berwick are racing as a team I dont see why that shouldnt be covered by a season ticket.

Berwick season pass last season did cover all team matches

2 hours ago, BLACKHEART said:

Tight budget. Can see at least 5 returning riders from the 2018 side.

1. Aaron Summers 7.18

2. Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen 6.58

3. Jye Etheridge 6.30

4. Kevin Doolan 6.09

5. Daniel Gappmaier 4.84

6. Fernando Garcia 4.47

7. Leon Flint 2.00

= 37.46

Makes sense, the team will be put together within a budget, understandable given the financial constraints. The majority of this team made up the side which just missed out on the playoffs last season and had a really good chemistry about it. It has local interest in Leon. At least three other riders live locally, so cutting down on travelling expenses. All the riders familiar with the home track. Happy with that.  

• Like 1

How did Xmas tombola go in the B n G on Friday night?

42 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

How did Xmas tombola go in the B n G on Friday night?

Was actually a good turnout which was good to see. 

On 11/30/2018 at 3:54 PM, crescent girl said:

Maybe we'll learn more on December 9th.      

Maybe Jamie will reveal why we're awaiting team news, which might be influenced by finance.  

Maybe more investment = bigger budget = better riders.     

Maybe no news is currently good news.

And maybe the Cornhill Cretin (cue screams of horror at my choice of noun) will give it a rest?  

Would certainly be good to see our Promoter from the affluent south ploughing in some of the proceeds from his other successful motorsport business, to help keep our beloved sport alive.

Reassuring news Crescent Girl

• Like 1

21 hours ago, tweedcider said:

Would certainly be good to see our Promoter from the affluent south ploughing in some of the proceeds from his other successful motorsport business, to help keep our beloved sport alive.

Reassuring news Crescent Girl

thanks coosty news mmmmmmm lollol 

45 minutes ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Question ?

Would Berwick fans pay £20 admission for speedway at Berwick

Personally I wouldn’t.

1 hour ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Question ?

Would Berwick fans pay £20 admission for speedway at Berwick

With a 38 points limit no

I personally wouldn't pay £20 admission per meeting. I had a season ticket last season,  and including programme worked out at £13-46 per meeting. At £20 per meeting a lot of fans especially family's,  would probably pick and choose which meetings they attend. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Normski said:

I personally wouldn't pay £20 admission per meeting. I had a season ticket last season,  and including programme worked out at £13-46 per meeting. At £20 per meeting a lot of fans especially family's,  would probably pick and choose which meetings they attend. 

I picked meetings last season and I am a concession , at £11 it was not the cost but the lack of entertainment, in saying that apart from Glasgow in the start of the season and P/Boro at the end of the season even the ones I chose had little entertainment.  For me the savings on a season ticket don't add up, miss 2 meetings and it's not worth while.  If I were to pay normal gate money anything over £15 would not be worth it.

Where is all this £20 coming from?    Unlikely anywhere in current times -- BUT whatever Jamie's got planned, the way to find out is to hit the B&G on Sunday at five o'clock........

15 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Where is all this £20 coming from?    Unlikely anywhere in current times -- BUT whatever Jamie's got planned, the way to find out is to hit the B&G on Sunday at five o'clock........

It's a question, would a fan pay £20 to help speedway survive, it could be £17, £18, £19.  My thought is £15 is too steep for the level of entertainment.  

As for a meeting at 5.00 on a Sunday at the B&G , I will be working, but I am pretty sure my absence will not be missed.