British Speedway Forum
concessionscol

berwick bandits 2019

I think that question -- based, as you say on helping speedway survive -- is being asked the wrong way.

Yes, a fair admission price for a night of Championship speedway might be around £16/17, as at the majority of CL tracks.

But to ask everyone to pay £20 for the same meeting to help a speedway survive is quite different.

The concept of a Trust, such as they have at Hearts, etc, is that concerned supporters who might feel they can afford it do pay more, in the way of a weekly/monthly subscription to the Trust, not at the turnstile.

Edited by crescent girl

Speedway is already vastly overpriced in this country. Any promotions thinking of raising prices for next season given its going to be a weaker product again really need to have a look at themselves imo. 15 quid for some of the rubbish that gets served up in the UK is already robbery. Makes me wonder just how badly certain clubs are doing money wise. If what they say in the press every year is to be believed they are potless, but if that were really the case, why do they keep running year after year? Certainly isn't out of loyalty to fans imo. 

£20 per meeting is ok if every body pays that and no freebies 

26 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

I think that question -- based, as you say on helping speedway survive -- is being asked the wrong way.

Yes, a fair admission price for a night of Championship speedway might be around £16/17, as at the majority of CL tracks.

But to ask everyone to pay £20 for the same meeting to help a speedway survive is quite different.

The concept of a Trust, such as they have at Hearts, etc, is that concerned supporters who might feel they can afford it do pay more, in the way of a weekly/monthly subscription to the Trust, not at the turnstile.

I always have a business head on, wouldn't it be nice if everyone who purchased a watch from my shop, decided to give me a donation because they think I need to boost my profit.  Not a great lover of trusts unless they have a say on the decisions being made.  The profit is made at the gate and not by charitable donations.  Provide good entertainment the product will become e viable.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

This is the trouble with the sport nowadays,they should  not have to rely on extra donations from fans to keep afloat.The AGM for me done nothing to help reduce costs in the sport or the way it is run.Promotions are still single minded paying out more money than income.It going to come to sticky end IMO.Value for money is debatable nowadays.Riders still seem to have the upper hand as Full Time Professionals it can’t go on forever at this level in the sport.Berwick admission prices last season were Acceptable but some other clubs were not IMO.

• Like 1

as longas concessions and unemployed get in cheaperlollol

6 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Question ?

Would Berwick fans pay £20 admission for speedway at Berwick

No, IMO £15 is more than enough to pay to watch speedway. We can argue about the value for money that gets you but £15 is about right and £20 to much, though rather famously there is one of us who would be more than willing to pay £20.

14 minutes ago, screm said:

No, IMO £15 is more than enough to pay to watch speedway. We can argue about the value for money that gets you but £15 is about right and £20 to much, though rather famously there is one of us who would be more than willing to pay £20.

He is too busy tuning the guitar the last couple of seasons to worry about admission costs:D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Don't see why admission prices should be increased with the lower points limit reduced it is diluting the sport even more maybe will see reduced prices

7 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Question ?

With the added costs of traveling to Berwick and back I'd find £20 a bit to much to watch  lower league speedway, if Berwick Rangers started to charge SPL prices would their fans be happy ?

20 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Don't see why admission prices should be increased with the lower points limit reduced it is diluting the sport even more maybe will see reduced prices

I’m afraid that won’t happen IMO.

7 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Question ?

£15 admission,£2.50 for programme and £2 for 50/50 draw equals £19.50 total this year.Happy for £20 if includes all of these next year!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alang said:

£15 admission,£2.50 for programme and £2 for 50/50 draw equals £19.50 total this year.Happy for £20 if includes all of these next year!!

And £3-50 for a cheeseburger

10 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Question ?

Yes is the answer.

kid being free anywhere else kids have to pay , so therefore I’m currently saving money so if kids stay free and we adults ha e to pay a wee bit extra that’s fine by me 

further more , what else can you get for £15 in Berwick on a Saturday night ? 

Takeaway meal probably costs the same and I guess the 10 minutes eating it is entertainment 

a night out to the pub hmm £30 - £50 , are the Berwick pubs entertainment?

Go out for a meal , probably about £50 , 

Watch Berwick Rangers , do not know what that cost , would that be  entertainment?

go and watch a premier league match mega bucks for that day out 

The town is in dire straits, we so lucky to have speedway, and it brings a lot of extra folks into the town when the likes of Glasgow , Edinburgh , Workington, Sheffield and Newcastle are here , 

think fans should either suck it up if there is a price increase or simply don’t go 

• Like 2

Most people that go to the speedway spend more than £ 15 raffle tickets,programme,burger,chips not including travel costs to and from Berwick for myself that's another £15 not exactly a cheap hour and half.