British Speedway Forum
concessionscol

berwick bandits 2019

Just now, Bandit59 said:

Most people that go to the speedway spend more than £ 15 raffle tickets,programme,burger,chips not including travel costs to and from Berwick for myself that's another £15 not exactly a cheap hour and half.

Optional costs , of course nothing you can do about the travelling cost 

Is charging your existing customers more, easier than trying to get new/returning customers ?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, penchev said:

Optional costs , of course nothing you can do about the travelling cost 

Unfortunately with travelling costs getting more expensive it could just have a bearing ,with Berwick in particular have a lot of fans from outlying district.Still there is nothing been said regarding admission prices this season,simply a person asking question.!

1 hour ago, penchev said:

Yes is the answer.

kid being free anywhere else kids have to pay , so therefore I’m currently saving money so if kids stay free and we adults ha e to pay a wee bit extra that’s fine by me 

further more , what else can you get for £15 in Berwick on a Saturday night ? 

Takeaway meal probably costs the same and I guess the 10 minutes eating it is entertainment 

a night out to the pub hmm £30 - £50 , are the Berwick pubs entertainment?

Go out for a meal , probably about £50 , 

Watch Berwick Rangers , do not know what that cost , would that be  entertainment?

go and watch a premier league match mega bucks for that day out 

The town is in dire straits, we so lucky to have speedway, and it brings a lot of extra folks into the town when the likes of Glasgow , Edinburgh , Workington, Sheffield and Newcastle are here , 

think fans should either suck it up if there is a price increase or simply don’t go 

Unfortunately I think if it comes to that then the decision for alot of people would just be to not go frankly, not a situation a club would want surely. The model for speedway widely in this country is terrible. Its a semi pro sport here but has riders expecting the world that puts pressure on clubs but more often than not its the fans that lose out with whats provided. Once again the powers that be have failed to address any of the many issues and no doubt by the end of the 2019 season we will see even more clubs possibly going to the wall. Not actually sure what or if there is a solution but i certainly dont think raising prices for a further diluted product is the answer.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, emilali said:

Unfortunately I think if it comes to that then the decision for alot of people would just be to not go frankly, not a situation a club would want surely. The model for speedway widely in this country is terrible. Its a semi pro sport here but has riders expecting the world that puts pressure on clubs but more often than not its the fans that lose out with whats provided. Once again the powers that be have failed to address any of the many issues and no doubt by the end of the 2019 season we will see even more clubs possibly going to the wall. Not actually sure what or if there is a solution but i certainly dont think raising prices for a further diluted product is the answer.

I don’t think there really is an answer to the problems the sport has 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, penchev said:

Not with the people presently ruining it.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, penchev said:

Dont think there is , and you cant justify dropping the points limit to 38 and then increase the admission price 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, penchev said:

They are not even looking for answers of any kind as we can see from the "decisions" they made at the 2018 AGM. No change and seemingly no plan as to how to market the sport to attract new supporters ( who might fall in love with it ). Fans have been walking away year on year with what is on offer now for several years. Nothing that seems to be in the pipeline for 2019 will halt that slide or reverse it ( even if it were possible ). It truly is "managed decline" and nothing else.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Paulco said:

Dont think there is , and you cant justify dropping the points limit to 38 and then increase the admission price 

Quite agree

Not sure if the 38 point limit justifies a price increase? The new limit suggests a lesser quality product. Also the limit would surely have been agreed by the promoters who run the individual clubs?

Berwick at £15 is not too extortionate. Would I be willing to pay an extra £3.50 per week to see the class of Ricky Wells? Guess I shall leave that one to Edinburgh.

2019  my team is morris jye kevindolanchriskerr nbj coops and flinty will pay £20 for this mmmmmmm

There is no suggestion, other than in a random question tossed out by Taffy, that Berwick are going to demand £20, or any other figure this year.

There has been no statement, on any matter, by the promotion, nor will there be before Sunday evening.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

There is no suggestion, other than in a random question tossed out by Taffy, that Berwick are going to demand £20, or any other figure this year.

There has been no statement, on any matter, by the promotion, nor will there be before Sunday evening.

We know that.:rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Did not say Berwick were doing anything, or even any suggestion they were Dick.

The question was simple, would you or would you pay £20 entry fee at Berwick.  The question was asked as a few clubs are contemplating that figure, in saying that the emphasis is simply CONTEMPLATING not actually doing it