British Speedway Forum
concessionscol

berwick bandits 2019

1 hour ago, George Dodds said:

no, no both of them  in the same race and when DT was an frustratingly inconsistent reserve, before he stepped up a notch or two. Genuinely the stuff of legend

Which is the magic of speedway, because we can still recall the absolute fizz, buzz, whatever we got from Trownson's race nearly half a century ago and Warwick's over a decade back -- and others, at other times -- as they did the absolute  impossible at Shielfield on summer Saturday nights, long, long ago.

Another fifty years?    Why not?   Let's get behind the club, the promotion and see who they can beat, against all odds..........

1 hour ago, George Dodds said:

no, no both of them  in the same race and when DT was an frustratingly inconsistent reserve, before he stepped up a notch or two. Genuinely the stuff of legend

Reminds me of Mick Powell holding off Hamill and Hancock at Shawfield..........wonderful to watch.......

Strange thing is while often a lack of passing in a meeting is, in some minds, held as proof of a lack of entertainment; Trownson over the Owens, Powell over Hancock and Hamill, Dougie Wyer blocking every move from Ivan Mauger and Denis Sigalos at Sheffield are races that still stick in my mind. Speedway Updates would have dismissed them all as: FTG. Good racing isn't just passing and repassing - although a good swoop from high on the banking never did any fan any harm!

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, George Dodds said:

Strange thing is while often a lack of passing in a meeting is, in some minds, held as proof of a lack of entertainment; Trownson over the Owens, Powell over Hancock and Hamill, Dougie Wyer blocking every move from Ivan Mauger and Denis Sigalos at Sheffield are races that still stick in my mind. Speedway Updates would have dismissed them all as: FTG. Good racing isn't just passing and repassing - although a good swoop from high on the banking never did any fan any harm!

I agree close racing is good racing, and you don’t have to make as pass for it to be exciting, however for majority of races last season it was well strung out. That does not constitute good racing. 

Edited by JT94
Reword

4 hours ago, JT94 said:

I agree close racing is good racing, and you don’t have to make as pass for it to be exciting, however for majority of races last season it was well strung out. That does not constitute good racing. 

Hard to disagree. I was at every Bandits home meeting and can only remember a couple of decent meetings where there were multiple passes. Mostly from the gate and well strung out. 

25 minutes ago, Shadders said:

Hard to disagree. I was at every Bandits home meeting and can only remember a couple of decent meetings where there were multiple passes. Mostly from the gate and well strung out. 

You’re now a season ticket holder so the racing can’t be that bad 

Taking of team riding was there not a terrific piece by Nick Morris , looking after Jye 

11 hours ago, penchev said:

Some people will go to speedway no matter how good or bad, Chris is one of those guys.  I was one as well put up with the crap until this year when enough is enough I now choose which meetings may be good

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, penchev said:

Taking of team riding was there not a terrific piece by Nick Morris , looking after Jye 

One heat in one meeting, after watching hundreds of out the gate and strung out races, due in main to only one racing line.  When Nick was with us a well prepared racing track, this season it reverted back to one line

• Like 1

1 hour ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Some people will go to speedway no matter how good or bad, Chris is one of those guys.  I was one as well put up with the crap until this year when enough is enough I now choose which meetings may be good

Yes and I’m sure his support for the coming season is greatly received 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

One heat in one meeting, after watching hundreds of out the gate and strung out races, due in main to only one racing line.  When Nick was with us a well prepared racing track, this season it reverted back to one line

Suppose ultimately people go for different reasons. Some people hope to see good speedway, others just go for a social and probably dont really notice what happens on the track anyways. From the clubs perspective I doubt they care either way as long as both sides turn up week in week out to support what they provide. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, penchev said:

Something to do on a Saturday night, it’s 2 minutes away and our son enjoys it. Having recently lost the team I’ve supported for 33 years it’s good to get to see speedway on a regular basis. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

All I want as a paying customer is value for money so when I leave Shielfield I am happy with what I`ve seen and looking forward to the following week, something that was not always the case last season. Lets hope lessons have been learned and we see better entertainment next season.

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 5:32 PM, screm said:

In all the years of supporting Berwick have I ever had a season ticket, but the offer as it stands at the minute is one to good to turn down. So for 2019 I will be a season ticket holder, well done to the club.

Yes first season ticket for me as well can afford to miss a couple of meetings for family get togethers great value.

• Like 1