British Speedway Forum
concessionscol

berwick bandits 2019

20 hours ago, topsoil said:

Like De La Soul said "free is the magic number"

yes EVER ONE SHOULD PAY BUT DONT AND THE RIGHT PRICE FOR YOUR AGE

3 hours ago, cornhillroundabout said:

So who doesn’t pay ? Your obviously convinced some don’t,  where do they get in ? How do they get in ? Who are they ? 

5 hours ago, cornhillroundabout said:

Does this mean the older you get, the more you pal Col?

1 hour ago, Heedthebaw said:

So who doesn’t pay ? Your obviously convinced some don’t,  where do they get in ? How do they get in ? Who are they ? 

Time to name and shame Col

IF I TOLD YOU YOU WOULD BE WISER THAN ME AND WE CANT  HAVE THAT LOLLOLLOL MMMMMMMM

9 minutes ago, cornhillroundabout said:

IF I TOLD YOU YOU WOULD BE WISER THAN ME AND WE CANT  HAVE THAT LOLLOLLOL MMMMMMMM

So your talking sh#te then !

20 minutes ago, cornhillroundabout said:

Cop out. Disappointed in you Col.

8 hours ago, cornhillroundabout said:

To be fair that's hardly a very high bar though is it.

You have been asked to name names, either put up or shut up, anyway I`m not sure why any issues revolving around Berwick speedway would bother you as you aren't going anymore.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, screm said:

To be fair that's hardly a very high bar though is it.

You have been asked to name names, either put up or shut up, anyway I`m not sure why any issues revolving around Berwick speedway would bother you as you aren't going anymore.

maybe comicalcol does not know them by name , just a visual thing .

1 hour ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

To be fair he’s no wrong loads of people go in and stand and watch it in the pits despite doing virtually nothing (certainly a lot less than a lot of people who pay) 

As you say "to be fair", most of those who get into the pits area free, do contribute some physically some financially, some quite considerably .  As Topsoil said it is up to the management.  My points are twofold,

1) those  who enter free are fully aware of the strains financially on the club, so just on a moral ground should enter by the turnstiles paying to support the club 40 fans times £17 equals £680  20 meetings £13600

.  2) The pits area, 14 riders 14 mechanics 2 team managers track staff first aiders, THATS IT.  Even if someone gets in free , not in the pits area, IN THE STAND or hospitality.

• Like 1

Every rider is also entitled to a guest some go to the stands some watch it from the viewing area some even have 2 mechanics in the pits with them ,second halfers also in there with a mechanic also people that sponsor the meetings sometimes also go down to the pits to watch it from there   you even have loads of ex riders other clubs officials in there  its the same in every pit you go too really ,berwick are one of the clubs that the riders park outside and HAVE  to sign in at the gate Edinburgh also do but you do see some people paying at the back gate there The clubs that lose out the most are the ones where they drive into the pits and only sign in at the gate with loads hiding in the back  When we went to Somerset for a second half ride the rider and mechanic got in free and anybody else had to pay £10 which was ok for us they even opened the back of the van to see if we have any stowaways lol

Edited by mac101

44 minutes ago, mac101 said:

Every rider is also entitled to a guest some go to the stands some watch it from the viewing area some even have 2 mechanics in the pits with them ,second halfers also in there with a mechanic also people that sponsor the meetings sometimes also go down to the pits to watch it from there   you even have loads of ex riders other clubs officials in there  its the same in every pit you go too really ,berwick are one of the clubs that the riders park outside and HAVE  to sign in at the gate Edinburgh also do but you do see some people paying at the back gate there The clubs that lose out the most are the ones where they drive into the pits and only sign in at the gate with loads hiding in the back  When we went to Somerset for a second half ride the rider and mechanic got in free and anybody else had to pay £10 which was ok for us they even opened the back of the van to see if we have any stowaways lol

I follow what you say, but there is no automatic entitlement, it is down to each club to what they allow.  All of the areas you mention, all should be aware of the financial pressures on the clubs, and the more these groups abuse their position, the greater to damage is done to the individual clubs.  As said at the end of the day it is up to the management of each club to manage the club in a way that does not damage the financial position of each club.

5 hours ago, mac101 said:

Not true. A rider has a rider pass and when not riding at a meeting he has no auto right to take someone else in with him. If he is riding his allowance is plus 1 to cover his 1 mechanic. A second mechanic is usually allowed tho. Some riders take great humbridge to having their vehicle searched to see if they are abiding to the official rules. I once had a Diamonds rider who told me he could bring in 22 guests if he wanted to, and I told him his proper entitlement and I never ever saw him bringing in his 22 as threatened. Riders need to be reminded of these rules, and the clubs have the balls to support the pits doorman who tries to enforce the rules. Freeby's are a nuisance to all paying fans.   

• Like 4