British Speedway Forum
concessionscol

berwick bandits 2019

well due to the rise in admission after 50 + years I will not be going to speedway at Berwick speedway next season  

1 hour ago, cornhillroundabout said:

well due to the rise in admission after 50 + years I will not be going to speedway at Berwick speedway next season  

surely after 50+ years they are allowed to put the prices up?

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, topsoil said:

surely after 50+ years they are allowed to put the prices up?

lol lol lol your so funny mmmmmmmmm

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mac101 said:

That’s the attitude that closes clubs down your called a supporter to support the club through good and bad times how many worky fans are now thinking wish I had supported my team now they don’t have a one 

cant afford £17 +++ per week to watch speedway  at Berwick don't own the BANK OF CORNHILL end of subject lollollol mmmmmmm very nice

Revisiting the watch mans previous comments, I wonder how many Comets fans would now be happier to have the option to pay £20 for an evenings racing?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, spin king junior said:

Nah I'm sorry. I don't buy the whole "use it or lose it" speedway is way beyond point now. The diehards don't cut it anymore. Promoters need to work on the sport and make it worth the admission and the only way they're going to do that is working on the overall presentation and quality. If it's not there, the sport will die regardless. 

The sport is absolutely on its arse and scaremongering has never saved a club and it never will.

So what would you do to improve the product? 

5 hours ago, cornhillroundabout said:

cant afford £17 +++ per week to watch speedway  at Berwick don't own the BANK OF CORNHILL end of subject lollollol mmmmmmm very nice

Oxygen thief 

19 hours ago, penchev said:

Oxygen thief 

mmmmmm very nice lollollol

1 hour ago, cornhillroundabout said:

mmmmmm very nice lollollol

Lizard 

Well done to the Bandits Management, giving the season ticket holders they’re promised meetings despite Workington’s demise

SHOWTIME 2019! 

We can confirm that the 2019 season at Shielfield Park will kick off with Press & Practice evening on Friday the 29th of March at 6pm but the real fun begins 24 hours later! 

Competitive action gets underway with the 2019 Bordernapolis event on Saturday the 30th of March at 7pm! 

Due to the devastating news that the Workington Comets are unable to take their place in the SGB Championship division in 2019, Bandits management have agreed that the Bordernapolis event will now be included in your 15 match season pass alongside scheduled Championship, KO Cup and Championship Shield matches. 

Everyone at Berwick Bandits Speedway Club sends their condolences to all involved at Workington Comets Speedway Club. Workington’s unfortunate situation brings home the very real challenges the sport is facing to survive and sustain in the current climate. We hope to one day renew our border rivalry with the 2018 SGB treble Champions but for now all thoughts are with the Promotion, Management, Riders, Mechanics, Fans and sponsors. 

There has never been a more important time to back your local Speedway club! 

#SupportLiveSpeedway

• Like 3

Scott Courtney praised the Supporters Club for having a bit of class last season. End of the season we handed over £1000 to the STARS project and in  Scott's words bridges were being built. There has been a few digs lately in blogs on the Dirt Page regarding the existing supporters club, all I will; say is that if your going to put something on a website that is read by fans and supporters at least get your facts right. 

• Like 4