British Speedway Forum
concessionscol

berwick bandits 2019

51 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Thing is if anyone uses the clubs brand; the club could expect to; or should be; receiving something back for that, shouldn't they? the promotion that is not the riders who are paid by the club, its a moot point but can be a very touchy subject; however it is becoming evermore prevalent in today's society where brand and Image rights are vigorously protected The ability to register one's legal property as an image or brand right facilitates both the economic exploitation of the right and its protection. Historically, this has been the case for copyright and trademark legislation which has been used by companies/bodies attempting to protect their brand.

On the Tax implication as a social body; well that is a totally different can of worms and the SC will not attract any special tax regulations or liabilities however when the money is handed to the rider (or any benefit in kind) the rider should be declaring that as a gift or benefit. (How many do?) On the GOV.UK web site you can see what regulations apply to gifts and benefits and what the tax liabilities are and there is a comprehensive section detailed as Expenses and benefits: A to Z.

You may consider that there is nothing to see however there is always something to interest someone and lets just hope its not HM Revenue Inspectors as the other old saying  goes which is usually attributed to Benjamin Franklin, who wrote in a 1789 letter that “Our new Constitution is now established, and has an appearance that promises permanency; but in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes.”

Regards
THJ

I think from Februray last year 'Berwick Bandits Supporters Club' was registered  with Copyrights, and have the name covered under copyright

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, balderdash&piffle said:

I think from Februray last year 'Berwick Bandits Supporters Club' was registered  with Copyrights, and have the name covered under copyright

https://trademarks.ipo.gov.uk/ipo-tmcase/page/Results/1/UK00002555024

• Like 1

mmmmm wel wot happened  to mr andersons v I p club lollol

5 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Well, actually, he won't.    

As early as October, unsure if he'd be in the country in January, he notified the supporters in writing that they should give the seat in the Hall to someone else.

Although back in Britain since early December, Dick has not received an invitation to the Dinner.

Utter rubbish Dick informed the committee by email and also a few of us verbally that he would not be able to attend as he would probably be in a sunnier climate. If he is home surely a simple email to inform us of his availability as the space is still available would have been suffice. 

Cut a long story short, Berwick Supporters nominated Dick Barrie into hall of fame, Dick Barrie said he was too busy to attend, which he isn’t, and has now claimed these supporters are not supporters, nice bloke huh?

12 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Cut a long story short, Berwick Supporters nominated Dick Barrie into hall of fame, Dick Barrie said he was too busy to attend, which he isn’t, and has now claimed these supporters are not supporters, nice bloke huh?

As I rescind his nomination and replace him with Peter Waite, problem sorted

6 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Well, actually, he won't.    

As early as October, unsure if he'd be in the country in January, he notified the supporters in writing that they should give the seat in the Hall to someone else.

Although back in Britain since early December, Dick has not received an invitation to the Dinner.

Never trust a person who, when posting on a forum uses the third person to do so.

Face your anonymity horse bolted many many moons ago.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Giving his recent posts I find it quite sad, actually I have no problem in Dick Barrie being inducted into the Hall of Fame as he has played a part in Berwick Speedway for many years and that deserves to be recognised. If he is in the Country I would've thought every effort should be made to attend especially as part of the night is in your honour. 

Maybe they can let Dick win the raffle at the " Hall of fame night " , :party:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, screm said:

Giving his recent posts I find it quite sad, actually I have no problem in Dick Barrie being inducted into the Hall of Fame as he has played a part in Berwick Speedway for many years and that deserves to be recognised. If he is in the Country I would've thought every effort should be made to attend especially as part of the night is in your honour. 

He may well be having more gender re-assignment treatment that restricts his movements. :o

3 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

As I rescind his nomination and replace him with Peter Waite, problem sorted

Peter has been asked in the past and turned them down !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DSC67 said:

Maybe they can let Dick win the raffle at the " Hall of fame night " , :party:

not funny mmmmmm lollol

12 hours ago, Heedthebaw said:

Peter has been asked in the past and turned them down !

From a reliable source within BSSC, Peter has never been asked so could not have turned down the offer.

If you are to make a statement, please get your facts right first please

• Like 2