British Speedway Forum
concessionscol

berwick bandits 2019

What's the likely timescale for Jye's recovery ?  Would it be worth bringing in Theo as a short term replacement if he's available? Our next meeting is away to Edinburgh and I can't see R/R doing us any favours up there 

35 minutes ago, DSC67 said:

What's the likely timescale for Jye's recovery ?  Would it be worth bringing in Theo as a short term replacement if he's available? Our next meeting is away to Edinburgh and I can't see R/R doing us any favours up there 

4 to 6 weeks depending on the break and how quick it heals but knowing Speedway riders as I do he will be back after 3... 

Tero would fit however if Jye is out for 4 weeks he misses 3 meetings 1 at home and Edinburgh and Birmingham away... Berwick are probably stronger at home with R/R and Edinburgh is Tero's least favourite track on the planet.... 

If it is short term it's probably best just to run with R/R

Regards 

THJ 

42 minutes ago, DSC67 said:

Jye is having his collar bone plated today with a view of speeding up his recovery, he is looking to be back for our next home meeting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, screm said:

Jye is having his collar bone plated today with a view of speeding up his recovery, he is looking to be back for our next home meeting.

Good news then , the gap week will come in handy 

There ya go... 4 weeks for mere mortals 1 to 2 week for a speedway rider... only risk is Mark Lemon done that a few year back at Newcastle an got an infection in the plate which weakened the bone and put him out for nearly 3 month... great if it works but can be risky...

Regards

THJ 

What fun! Stan Burza still riding & coming 3rd in 1st round Hungarian Chanps (1st Pepe Franc!!).

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 5:44 PM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

4 to 6 weeks depending on the break and how quick it heals but knowing Speedway riders as I do he will be back after 3... 

Tero would fit however if Jye is out for 4 weeks he misses 3 meetings 1 at home and Edinburgh and Birmingham away... Berwick are probably stronger at home with R/R and Edinburgh is Tero's least favourite track on the planet.... 

If it is short term it's probably best just to run with R/R

Regards 

THJ 

Not sure where you got Tero from?

It was Theo that was mentioned (could have been an option if Jye was out longer as he rode for Berwick last year and rode for the Monarchs for years).:cheers:

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, sparks123 said:

Not sure where you got Tero from?

It was Theo that was mentioned (could have been an option if Jye was out longer as he rode for Berwick last year and rode for the Monarchs for years).:cheers:

As Tero is on an average of 6.83 and fits where as Theo is on 5.49...  Tero was also suggested as "an option if Jye was out longer" on the premise that you would surely go for the rider with the highest possible average available...

So not sure what you are driving at here... however if Jye ends up out for three or four months (hopefully not) would you prefer Theo or Tero... both would fit as a longer term injury replacement...

Tero is also available now so that's where I got him from...

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

As Tero is on an average of 6.83 and fits where as Theo is on 5.49...  Tero was also suggested as "an option if Jye was out longer" on the premise that you would surely go for the rider with the highest possible average available...

So not sure what you are driving at here... however if Jye ends up out for three or four months (hopefully not) would you prefer Theo or Tero... both would fit as a longer term injury replacement...

Regards 

THJ 

We like Tero, but we'd take Theo every time! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards 

THJ 

No one suggested Tero? The question was asked if Pijper would be brought in and you answered going on about Aarnio? We would sign Theo every time, I’m sure of that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards 

THJ 

Sorry about that then (haven't read back through the 3 threads).:drink:

It might be easier to quote the post about Tero than quoting a post about Theo so there is less chance of people getting confused.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards 

THJ 

I suggested THEO , ( who I'd pick every time given the choice between the two ) as our next away match is at Edinburgh and he's an ex Monarch added to the fact he rode well for us last season when he came in . But if it's Jye's intention to be back by then it's irrelevant anyway . 

• Like 3

Latest I have heard on Jye is that he has been advised it will be 6 weeks so he will potentially miss 5 matches....

However as stated most Speedway riders tend to half the recommended recovery time as a target anyway...

It's like when the sat nav says 2 hours to your destination it becomes a "Challenge Anika" effort to see if you can better it... all the injured riders I have know adopt this policy... the doctor said X but I am going to be back in Y.... however the doc is invariably proved to be correct...

Regards 

THJ 

1 hour ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Definitely think Pijper on a 28 day contract is best solution, will only be 3/4 meetings but he deserves it and will be better than R/R away probably

Photo of Theo nursing a dislocated shoulder on his wifes fb page.