British Speedway Forum
concessionscol

berwick bandits 2019

11 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

You can 'Fanny' around with the price as much as you want, price has a factor, yes, but the main reason for the lack of attendance is the product itself.  When  die hard's are leaving in their droves, you cannot continue to say the fans are wrong, time to listen to their opinions.

The original argument was about the cost of getting in, nobody ever mentioned the racing.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tellitasitis said:

It’s plainly obvious to me the racing is dire but they seem to be oblivious to that fact or is their heads in the sand pretending it isn’t 

If the racing doesn’t improve then the future is bleak 

Cant we have the track prepared like 2017 where the racing was good nearly every week?

Funny because back in 2017 a lot of Berwick fans on here were saying that they were staying away because the team were poor and getting beat and the quality of racing didn't appease them.  

So what has changed in the track preparation, because it's the same curator? And second, what do you think can be done to improve racing? I've got no experience in preparing a track, so I don't have the answer and if they were honest, very few posters on here have. Some of the responses should be interesting. 

51 minutes ago, topsoil said:

The original argument was about the cost of getting in, nobody ever mentioned the racing.

To watch what probably at that time of the season would be meaningless meetings as IMO Berwick, Edinburgh, Scunthorpe won't be involved with the playoffs. 

14 hours ago, topsoil said:

Funny because back in 2017 a lot of Berwick fans on here were saying that they were staying away because the team were poor and getting beat and the quality of racing didn't appease them.  

So what has changed in the track preparation, because it's the same curator? And second, what do you think can be done to improve racing? I've got no experience in preparing a track, so I don't have the answer and if they were honest, very few posters on here have. Some of the responses should be interesting. 

The big difference is Nick Morris, the 1st half of the season the track was poor, when Nick Morris joined massive improvement.  After Nick departed, track went back to being poor again in 2018.  Sad thing is it shows it can be done with guidance, perhaps the guidance is not there

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tellitasitis said:

It’s plainly obvious to me the racing is dire but they seem to be oblivious to that fact or is their heads in the sand pretending it isn’t 

If the racing doesn’t improve then the future is bleak 

Cant we have the track prepared like 2017 where the racing was good nearly every week?

As I said it was good after Nick Morris joined team, prior to that it was poor

2 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

It’s frustrating as obviously the potential for a decent race track is there

A work college went to the Leicester meeting (he’d been tempted by the ten pound offer against Edinburgh so used his rain off ticket) and told me it wasn’t worth ten pound to watch four riders following each other and he found it boring 

There needs to be a drastic improvement in entertainment because new people find it boring and even the die hard’s are beginning to drift away for the same reason then we’re doomed !!

19 minutes ago, Tellitasitis said:

It’s frustrating as obviously the potential for a decent race track is there

A work college went to the Leicester meeting (he’d been tempted by the ten pound offer against Edinburgh so used his rain off ticket) and told me it wasn’t worth ten pound to watch four riders following each other and he found it boring 

There needs to be a drastic improvement in entertainment because new people find it boring and even the die hard’s are beginning to drift away for the same reason then we’re doomed !!

To be fair, if you are not a 'biker' this can be a common occurrence. 

7 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

To be fair, if you are not a 'biker' this can be a common occurrence. 

I am a biker but not many bikers like speedway, I don't know many speedway riders that are bikers.

7 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

It’s 2019 Nick Morris doesn’t ride for us 

18 minutes ago, penchev said:

It’s 2019 Nick Morris doesn’t ride for us 

I think he means that Nick Morris had an input in track preparation 

• Haha 2

Any news on NBJ and his recuperation from his appendix operation ? 

32 minutes ago, DSC67 said:

Any news on NBJ and his recuperation from his appendix operation ? 

If you read Kevin’s blog ,he is not sure whether he had an Op.Thats my reading of it.Whether he is riding or not we will have to wait and see.

• Like 1