British Speedway Forum
concessionscol

berwick bandits 2019

Best of luck to Leon Flint who rides at Redcar tonight in the British Under-19 Championship.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, screm said:

Best of luck to Leon Flint who rides at Redcar tonight in the British Under-19 Championship.

And also good luck to Kevin Doolan who is guesting for Swindon in their meeting at Ipswich.

15 hours ago, screm said:

Leon finished with 10pts last night so just missed out on a podium place. Meeting was won by Drew Kemp.

12 hours ago, screm said:

And also good luck to Kevin Doolan who is guesting for Swindon in their meeting at Ipswich.

Kevin helped Swindon to a big away win at Ipswich scoring 2pts.

Kevin had also been booked by Glasgow to replace the suspended Claus Vissing at Ashfield tonight, but this meeting has now been postponed. 

Just looking at the fixture list on the BSPA site and it has Berwick racing a double header with Glasgow and Edinburgh on 7th September. 

When is the cut off date for fixtures?

59 minutes ago, sparks123 said:

Just looking at the fixture list on the BSPA site and it has Berwick racing a double header with Glasgow and Edinburgh on 7th September. 

I think the fixture cut off is the middle of September

1 hour ago, sparks123 said:

As you say the double header is on the BSPA site, but it doesn't look like the Berwick site has been updated, for example there is no preview of tomorrows meeting with Eastbourne. I`m sure it will be updated very soon with the Eastbourne preview and the fixture update.

1 hour ago, sparks123 said:

15th Sept.,  I believe

1 hour ago, screm said:

As you say the double header is on the BSPA site, but it doesn't look like the Berwick site has been updated, for example there is no preview of tomorrows meeting with Eastbourne. I`m sure it will be updated very soon with the Eastbourne preview and the fixture update.

Nothing new there.

• Like 1

A double header with Edinburgh and Glasgow should bring a huge crowd.

31 minutes ago, dorothy58 said:

A double header with Edinburgh and Glasgow should bring a huge crowd.

Berwick has a curfew, racing between 6.30 and 9.30, most weeks there is a struggle to get one meeting within the curfew, let alone 2 meetings. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To be honest the last few home meetings have been done and dusted by 8-15pm - 8-30pm. Maybe a word with the council, for a bit leeway with the curfew would solve the problem.

When was the last double header run at Berwick? I remember 2004 against Reading and Hull: The latter only ran until Heat 12 if memory serves me correct?

41 minutes ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Berwick has a curfew, racing between 6.30 and 9.30, most weeks there is a struggle to get one meeting within the curfew, let alone 2 meetings. 

Peterborough 2017 is the last time I can remember a main meeting which went anywhere near the curfew. But a delay-free first meeting without rider-replacement and a referee with an itchy two minute trigger finger would be welcomed