British Speedway Forum
concessionscol

berwick bandits 2019

1 hour ago, dorothy58 said:

A double header with Edinburgh and Glasgow should bring a huge crowd.

Bigger than normal I would say.1/2 a normal previous seasons worth of fixtures and we still struggle to complete before deadline,what a shambles the sport has become.

1 minute ago, George Dodds said:

Peterborough 2017 is the last time I can remember a main meeting which went anywhere near the curfew. But a delay-free first meeting without rider-replacement and a referee with an itchy two minute trigger finger would be welcomed

Trouble is couple of crashes and you probably won’t see 30 heats of speedway ,unless they get permission either to start early or extend deadline.Admission price will be interesting.

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Trouble is couple of crashes and you probably won’t see 30 heats of speedway ,unless they get permission either to start early or extend deadline.Admission price will be interesting.

suppose that's where the heavy cost of employing double medical cover pays dividends

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Robinh88 said:

When was the last double header run at Berwick? I remember 2004 against Reading and Hull: The latter only ran until Heat 12 if memory serves me correct?

Rye house and Newcastle I think was the last one with curfew calling an early end to meeting if memory serves me correctly 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tellitasitis said:

Rye house and Newcastle I think was the last one with curfew calling an early end to meeting if memory serves me correctly 

Yes indeed....

6 minutes ago, Tellitasitis said:

23/8/2014.

Newcastle abandoned after 13 heats.

17 minutes ago, George Dodds said:

suppose that's where the heavy cost of employing double medical cover pays dividends

There can still be a significant delay when there is a crash where riders need treatment.I sure you have witnessed some even with double medical cover.Here is hoping it runs smoothly.

14 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

There can still be a significant delay when there is a crash where riders need treatment.I sure you have witnessed some even with double medical cover.Here is hoping it runs smoothly.

It's just me I suppose ... excited by the fact that two of the best side in the league will be in town on the same night - in what could conceivably be two meetings which decide who will, and who won't , qualify for the playoffs. It could be one of the great nights of speedway.

But, people on here are right - I should instead be worried in case I'm crushed by a collapsing stack of mushy peas or poleaxed by a Prossecco cork worked loose by Northumberland's first-ever magnitude eight earthquake tomorrow morning, waking up as a Sunderland supporter and voting Conservative so I'll just concentrate on listing all the things that might go wrong rather concentrating on what is likely to go right.

The sun's shining now ... but it'll probably go dark soon, might even be hit by a Tsunami. Right, I'm off for a pint with my mate Eeyore - at least he sometimes looks on the bright side. 

4 minutes ago, George Dodds said:

It's just me I suppose ... excited by the fact that two of the best side in the league will be in town on the same night - in what could conceivably be two meetings which decide who will, and who won't , qualify for the playoffs. It could be one of the great nights of speedway.

But, people on here are right - I should instead be worried in case I'm crushed by a collapsing stack of mushy peas or poleaxed by a Prossecco cork worked loose by Northumberland's first-ever magnitude eight earthquake tomorrow morning, waking up as a Sunderland supporter and voting Conservative so I'll just concentrate on listing all the things that might go wrong rather concentrating on what is likely to go right.

The sun's shining now ... but it'll probably go dark soon, might even be hit by a Tsunami. Right, I'm off for a pint with my mate Eeyore - at least he sometimes looks on the bright side. 

It will be a fabulous night if not for the banter between Edinburgh and Glasgow fans We should have Edinburgh fans cheering Berwick in the Glasgow match and Glasgow cheering in the Edinburgh match not going to worry about curfews and delays what will be will be 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, George Dodds said:

Yip Tigers and Monarchs on the same night finish the season with a bang. Just imagine if it had been Eastbourne and Glasgow double header lol. SAS officers in the pits , Helicopter hovering over stadium, Tyson Fury in the pits with Cookie lol. Little Billy and his red flag surrounded by armed guards  lol.

• Haha 4

If the curfew lets racing start at 6-30pm then you would think this double header will start at that time.

Pricing will be interesting as this is the rearranged Edinburgh £10.00 match and the re entry tickets are still valid.And I can’t believe I am in Turkey on that date, anyone wanting 2 re entry tickets :D

13 minutes ago, ekimba said:

Pricing will be interesting as this is the rearranged Edinburgh £10.00 match and the re entry tickets are still valid.And I can’t believe I am in Turkey on that date, anyone wanting 2 re entry tickets :D

... and of course those tickets entitle the holder to £10 (their value) off admission at any Berwick meeting for the rest of the season - including double headers!!

4 hours ago, George Dodds said:

• It is just you.:rolleyes::drink:

13 hours ago, screm said:

If the curfew lets racing start at 6-30pm then you would think this double header will start at that time.

The curfew states no engines to be started before 6.30, don't think it actually mentions the racing