British Speedway Forum
concessionscol

berwick bandits 2019

Today's blog by the marvellous (I wish I could write as well as he does) George Dodds in "The Dirt Extra" on Bandits' website has opened the question of what it means to "support" the club.

Drawing attention to the launch of the Berwick Speedway Supporters Club -- the new,  officially-backed organisation with firm views on where funds raised in the name of "supporting" the club should be channeled -- he reminds us how the club has come so dangerously close to closure twice in the past three years and that monies raised in the name of supporting our Bandits should be used for just that -- securing the future of Berwick speedway.

Let's get together, let's make it happen!

• Like 5

How long do you wait for your confirmation email from the club about buying season tickets.

1 hour ago, screm said:

How long do you wait for your confirmation email from the club about buying season tickets.

I don't know, but a quick e-mail to  club@berwickbandits.co  should get their usual prompt response.

Also, anyone who hasn't picked up on the option of the discounts, please remember that tomorrow is the last day of the offer........

23 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Not true. A rider has a rider pass and when not riding at a meeting he has no auto right to take someone else in with him. If he is riding his allowance is plus 1 to cover his 1 mechanic. A second mechanic is usually allowed tho. Some riders take great humbridge to having their vehicle searched to see if they are abiding to the official rules. I once had a Diamonds rider who told me he could bring in 22 guests if he wanted to, and I told him his proper entitlement and I never ever saw him bringing in his 22 as threatened. Riders need to be reminded of these rules, and the clubs have the balls to support the pits doorman who tries to enforce the rules. Freeby's are a nuisance to all paying fans.   

One rider attempted to smuggle 7 of his mates into a PLRC at Peterborough a few years back in the back of his van

• Like 2

1 hour ago, screm said:

Should’ve received it by now. I had mine on Xmas eve

I got a confirmation from PayPal that the transaction went through but no word from the club yet 

Thank you for purchasing your 2019 Berwick Bandits 15 meeting pass.

We have set up a new database system for 2019 pass holders. Your 15 
meeting passes will be available to collect from the box office at the 
2019 Press & Practice evening / Season launch party (DATE TBC) or at the 
first meeting (DATE TBC) please bring a form of photo ID with you.

Any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

We would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Best wishes

Jamie Courtney

Email: sales@berwickbandits.co

31 minutes ago, Shadders said:

Thank you for purchasing your 2019 Berwick Bandits 15 meeting pass.

We have set up a new database system for 2019 pass holders. Your 15 
meeting passes will be available to collect from the box office at the 
2019 Press & Practice evening / Season launch party (DATE TBC) or at the 
first meeting (DATE TBC) please bring a form of photo ID with you.

Any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

We would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Best wishes

Jamie Courtney

Email: sales@berwickbandits.co

Received the same confirmation email on Christmas Eve think you should get one shortly Screm. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, screm said:

Check your spam inbox folder I just found my confirmation email in mine 

lollollolno got mine yet mmmmmmmm very nice

Delighted to say I have now received my email from the club confirming buy 2019 season pass, credit to the club for putting together an offer to tempt the likes of me and from what I gather quite a few others.

• Like 3

All coming together, Screm!     Another positive blog from uber-fan Sarah on club website too, urging supporters to support the promotion, keep speedway alive in Berwick-on-Tweed. 

• Like 3

On 1/12/2019 at 5:16 PM, crescent girl said:

All coming together, Screm!     Another positive blog from uber-fan Sarah on club website too, urging supporters to support the promotion, keep speedway alive in Berwick-on-Tweed. 

And the news from our West Coast bretherin today just echos that message even more! 

2 hours ago, Bandits4eva said:

And the news from our West Coast bretherin today just echos that message even more! 

It shows the seriousness in the decline of speedway in the UK in general.  The powers that be, have hindered the product rather than improved it, again this year they have tinkered around the edges, rather than taking " the bull by the horns" and drastically changing the product.   Sarah I admire your unstinting support for your team, but fans will no longer blindly follow their local team for the sake of it.  Speedway is a relatively ex;pensive sport especially for a family, more so in a cash strapped area in which Berwick Bandits rely on, Berwick & The Borders.  So, unless the product is massively improved I fear the worst for speedway in general, and more so for a club that is cash strapped.  AS you know, for the first time in over 20 years I missed a lot of meetings last season, in large very much to do with the level of entertainment on track, which apart from just a few meetings was poor.  The Promotion must do a lot better than 2018 as I fear the demise will be even greater.

Nobody wants to lose speedway in Berwick, but unless the product drastically improves, I fear for it's demise.

• Like 3